SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.0

on 12/10/2017 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Having used so many skin care products and brands, the SK-II is one that has proven truly effective, in my case. Some other products I have tried work to make my skin feel better and are a joy to use, some others work instantaneously but superficially (eg, products with firming, tightening effect). Well, SK-II FTE is not one of those. For me, the benefits have been visible and real. My skin texture and complexion has improved a lot since using this. Acne is kept at bay, oiliness is controlled, wrinkled have diminished, and discolourations have faded. It is expensive, but absolutely worth it. I don’t know how something with the consistency and appearance of simple water can work so well. I’ll keep on buying, so long as I can afford it!
PS, I just put drops on my palm and tap the essence all over my face. I have refrained from using cotton to apply, as the product is wasted on the cotton.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Seriously???? The 5.4 ounce bottle of this sells for $225 (plus applicable taxes, which are not inconsiderable) in Canada. And for what? I got a points perk sample of this and maybe for 50 bucks, I'd purchase but not for almost 5 times that price. Even at $50, I honestly don't see what is so exceptional about this stuff. The ingredients sound harsh and almost "toxic" (I know they're not but butylene glycol sounds almost like that butane stuff for lighters and creme brulee torches!) Honestly, you can get better toners from Clarins or La Roche Posay or better essences from Shiseido and Laneige, and all for a whole lot less money. This stuff doesn't do any more than products from those other brands. I'm glad I got to try a tiny bottle (ha - it's probably $50 worth, in terms of SKII's pricing!) so I could try this out and see for myself that it's really nothing special or magical and certainly not worth the hefty price tag.

on 5/17/2017 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I didn't notice any change whatsoever in my skin from this. That's good, from some perspectives - there are certainly plenty of products out there that have had quite dramatic bad effects on my poor temperamental face. Despite my going almost all the way through the bottle, there's absolutely no chance, if one day I meet my age-mate Cate Blanchett, of us holding a mutual admiration party over our youthful glows.

Very expensive. Watery and odd to apply. Unscented (perhaps a very faint sort of savoury aroma). Glass bottle (TILE, people, bathrooms are often lined in a thing called TILE and it is death to glass). I really don't know what else to say about it. It took up space in my bathroom cupboard, and over a hundred dollars from my bank account. I splashed it on my face morning and evening for a couple of months. Nothing happened.

on 5/4/2017 11:15:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I've used this for about a month now. No miracles here, but nothing bad either. I use this after cleansing but before other treatments and moisturizers. I have been a faithful AHA/BHA and retinoid user for at least 10 years, but as my skin has matured, I see more lip lines and crepe on my neck and chest. I expected this to help with smoothness and the neck and décolleté. Maybe it has done a little, but I cannot tell. Seems like high priced water... that's not good! I don't think I will repurchase, but I will soldier on and finish out the bottle--FWIW after a month I'm down about 1/3 of the bottle. So $33/month or $1/day seems reasonable for when you look at it that way.. Though if it isn't doing anything, then even that is too much!

**Update 7/18/17:
I used up the bottle and it took me another 2 months, so my previous estimate of amount and cost was accurate. Nonetheless, it made no difference to my skin as far as I can tell. No decrease in creepiness, no reduction in lip lines or increased brightness in skin unfortunately. Not repurchasing.

on 12/22/2015 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

With this prices, I expect it gave me an obvious result. Since previously, I used another serum that gave me an obvious result and better on price as well.

I'm so mad I spent the money for this. Not only did it not improve my skin at all, but it caused a terrible itchy rash on my neck and chest. I used about 3/4 of the bottle before I finally gave up on it. So I think I gave it enough time for my skin to get acclimated, and to see any results, but for me, there were no positives and all cons. Also, I don't like the smell, and the method of application is not very efficient: (you're supposed to put some in your hand, and then pat it on your face, neck and chest, but a lot of the product gets lost between your fingers and wasted). Uggh so sad to have wasted all that money. I am going to try the Missha First Treatment Essence and see if that is better.

on 9/29/2015 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I purchased this lotion with high hopes due to its high end pricing. The result would have been no different than if I used tap water on my face (rolls eyes). Not a scrap of improvement whatsoever. Incredible the hype and marketing for this product, Kate Blanchett is the face of this brand and I'm sure that people buy it because of that. I gave it a try and won't be repurchasing. I'm going back to Clinique, products that work!

on 7/20/2015 12:13:00 AM

Good product but just too expensive there are lots Of good toner equally good and just one tenth of the cost

on 7/17/2014 1:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Bought into all the hype, how dumb am I??? Never again, waste of LOTS of $$$ =(

Update: I used it all up and noticed in pictures how much more brighter my skin was!!! I guess it does work but it's just hard to notice any daily results. Omg...do I dare say I may have to repurchase someday???

on 6/28/2013 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product sometimes gives an amazing glow when used on a consistent basis and sometimes has no effect at all. I read some other reviews and want to clarify that this is not a toner, it is to be used as a serum after using a toner. A toner in Japanese products is used to balance your ph levels and also to make the skin more receptive to subsequent skincare products. If you do not have a good result with this product, then maybe your ph is off or you're using it incorrectly.

I do wonder about the smell as one bottle was extremely odorous and one only had a light scent.