SKII Facial Treatment Essence

Filtered by age: 36-43
SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 7/16/2017 9:20:00 PM

I've been using SK2 FTE for about 10 years before i decided to call it a day. i switched to Kose which costs a fraction of FTE but sadly i had to crawl back barely 2 years thereafter. I poured into a quality muji spray bottle as it lasted me way longer than using it on a cotton pad. after spraying all over i then use my palm on my face to warm the absorption. I have oily combi skin and FTE controls the amount of oiliness on my T zone. the effect is lasting and i only need to blot once a day. My face is also clearer. This may not work for everyone but I'm glad it works for me. I loved the FTE so much I went on to try many of SK2's other products but they weren't at all impressive. The hefty price tag does not justify the benefits they claimed (since i barely experience any myself) but FTE is my HG and ill be forking out money for as long as i live.

I got this as part of a BzzAgent campaign. I almost wish I didn't sign up for it as it works wonderfully and yet so expensive. I am noticing my forehead wrinkles specifically are much less prominent than before I started using it. It doesn't clog my pores either. All the hype is worth it.

on 6/10/2017 3:29:00 AM

There is nothing in this except Pitera, ie. yeast. It's proven to do nothing. So if you want to succumb to marketing and pay $100plus for yeast, go for it.

I did not have good luck with this product. I am just shy of 40 and have a full face regimen that was working for me but I wanted to add this product to get that Kate glow. This made me break out. I started getting clogged pores in places I never do like my outer cheeks and forehead as well as in my usual spots. It's strange that it did this since it basically water but it was the only new item in my routine. If did actually give me a glow but the breakouts made it not worth it, which is why I gave it 3 stars because I do believe for some people this would work. I can't bring myself to push through the breakouts because my skin was pretty smooth and blemish free before trying this so I don't believe it was "purging."

on 1/7/2017 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My main concern and I would appreciate feedback is that there is absolutely no odor to my SK11 Treatment Essence. I purchased it from a reputable establishment. In my opinion it's either old or an updated formula without the stink. Kindly respond.

on 6/26/2016 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I decided to try the SK-II facial treatment essence on the urging of a friend who swears by it. I am not very keen with the scent but I do find it cooling and slightly moisturizing for my sensitive skin. So far I don't have any break-outs or pimples from daily use.This would be my choice of product during humid or warm weather when my skin is oilier than usual.

on 11/22/2015 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is the kind of product that drives Paula Begoun, over at Beautypedia, nuts. "No substantiated research!" that pitera, the active ingredient, is of any particular benefit to your skin, she cries. And she hates the price. And although she doesn't mention it, she rarely has anything nice to say about bottles that admit light.

But here's the thing...while the experts at Beautypedia give SK-ll's Facial Treatment Essence two stars, the site's user community gives it four and a half. So I tried it, because frankly I get bored with my skin care products sometimes and I've been hearing about this stuff for years, and opinions of the people who use a product make me curious.

On Sephora's website you can buy a single-use Facial Treatment Mask. The mask really is good, and not very, for a single use. I don't like how it's shaped, especially around the chin. But the thing that's really interesting and useful about the mask is that before you put it on, you can squeeze a terrific amount of the Essence itself into the packet and save it for later. I rolled the packet up tight and used a barrette to clip it shut.

By dipping my (freshly washed!) fingertip into the remaining liquid and dabbing it onto my face (soaking a cotton pad would be crazy overkill) I was able to get about two weeks' use out of the Essence I had left. That's enough time for a very good trial run of a product, and since the mask cost $17, it's also a cheap trial for an expensive product.

And in my opinion Paula is wrong about this one. There are a lot of benefits to reading Beautypedia. I've learned a lot about the chemistry of cosmetic products, and information like what percentage of various ingredients a product needs to be effective, and how things need to be packaged so that they won't deteriorate before you can use them. But every once in a while I think that chemistry isn't the whole story. Just because the research isn't there yet doesn't mean a product doesn't work. Make sure, by all means, that what you're about to spread on your skin isn't going to be harmful, but when there's a wildcard ingredient like pitera, you need to try it for yourself to see if it works for you.

If I didn't respect the views of actual users, I wouldn't bother to write or read reviews here on MakeupAlley. So here is my rubber-meets-the-road view of SK-ll's Facial Treatment Essence: it's worth trying. My skin likes it, and has rewarded me for using it by becoming more even-toned, which is one of the things I want my skin to be and an issue I have consistently. I think my skin looks brighter.

Your millage my vary, of course. But try the trick with the face mask if you're really curious and don't otherwise want to spend the money.

on 11/20/2015 9:13:00 PM

It does seem to make a difference. I apply this essence and wait a few minutes until it is completely absorbed. Then I continue with other skincare products.

on 10/25/2015 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product seems more expensive nowadays. I found the price is always increased up to 10%-15% every year during the past 4 years.
I use sk-ii series (cleanser-toner-this essence-moisturizer-sunscreen) diligently for more less 2,5 years and then I gave up when those basic series could not make my skin become crystal clear (well, that’s what it said on their website for this essence), my mild rosacea is still there, my hormonal acne still come and go, but gladly my skin doesn't act up and even more radiant.

I must admit I love their series because they don’t irritate, don’t break out and don’t flare up my mild rosacea combi-oily skin. And I love this essence the most because it refresh and hydrate my skin. The texture is light and watery such as the toner, but I always made it as pre-serum/serum because the instruction said use it after cleansing and toning.

I follow every step of the instruction at first, but soak a cotton pad make this essence become wasteful and you know this product isn’t cheap! Pour on my hand is not a solution either because it’s also wasteful and often slip out of my hand. So I just move it and put it into spray bottle, thus I can spray the essence deliberately on my 4 spot face (forehead-cheeks-chin) then I dab/pat it with hand. In this way I can save and make the essence last longer. I used it twice daily and the 150ml/5.1oz size can last for more than 6 months (when I soak a cotton pad it’s only last for 4-5 months).

I found out that when I use the complete basic sk-ii series, my skin became radiant/bright. But when I use this essence alone (mix with other brand for cleanser, toner and moisturizer) my skin looks dull and not as bright as used to be. So the miracle water isn’t doing much ‘miracle’ for me.

Now I change this essence with clinique even better essence lotion (for combi-oily skin) which is cheaper and apparently some of the ingredients are quite similar as this sk-ii essence. It also feels quite the same on my skin although clinique essence is a bit tacky/sticky afterward, not like sk-ii essence which is more clear watery texture, but considering the price and the result on my skin, oh well i'd still choose clinique rather than sk-ii

on 4/25/2015 9:09:00 PM

This does absolutely nothing for my face. I've been religiously splashing it on after every time I wash my face for the last 5 months, and it's made no difference in any skin quality whatsoever. I gave it 2 stars because it wasn't destructive, didn't do anything bad, but it didn't do anything good either. What a ripoff.

I use Retin-A about once a week and SkinActives Antioxidant Serum; I'm not sure if those two are so effective that nothing else can really make a dent, but nonetheless, I would not recommend buying this to anyone.