SKII Facial Treatment Essence

SKII Facial Treatment Essence
Facial Treatment EssenceFacial Treatment Essence

2.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of my holy grail products, and splurge on at least 2-3 bottles a year... if you have PROBLEM skin— from cystic acne, issues with tiny bumps, or rough areas— this stuff is awesome: It is the only thing I have ever actually had make my Pores smaller. Blackheads, Whitehead’s, congested, patchy or unevenTexture— these can/will change your skin.
If you already have pretty good skin, skip it. ;) congrats! You don’t need it and it won’t do much.;)) the masks, however, could probably give results on everyone.

Note: Sephora is a great way to try it, Bc you can always return it if you are sensitive or have no results.

Also, I am pretty sure this is a very similar product to biologue researches p450 in principle.

The essence and treatment lotion are practically the same thing, you don’t need both.

on 4/4/2014 11:47:00 AM

I used this religiously for over a year. I never saw any particular benefit from using it for my skin though I searched and searched hoping to validate my over the top purchase!

on 9/15/2011 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I can't quite make my mind up on this essence. It was horrendously expensive and I didn't even buy the largest size bottle but bought the 150 ml bottle. I use this after cleansing and toning and find that it's applied better when my skin is just a wee bit damp from my toner.
Considering the premium price and branding the packaging is very cheap and they could well improve with how the liquid is dispensed to both save product and also to reduce the risk of contamination.
I have been using this for 3 months now. I have combination skin, early-mid thirties with no obvious lines or wrinkles. It doesn't cause break-outs or dry my skin but but I really done see much of an improvement for the price tage (much like the Genifique serum). In saying this though I think this product is a preventative anti-aging essence so unless I can do a 'Sliding Doors' moment I will never really know if using this will help slow down the aging process.
Not sure how people hate the smell - its so subtle it's not worth mentioning and one you apply any other face creams it is undetectable. Using it twice daily my bottle will probably last 6 months so i will have to review it later on to see if something better is on the market. If you don't mind spending the extra money on a product which is probably not an essential for your daily skin care routine then you should at least try it out but otherwise I wouldn't worry about buying it.

on 7/4/2009 4:10:00 AM

NOT for people with sensitive skin!

Be really careful when using this product. When I first applied the essence to my face it initially felt really nice and smooth, but then turned into a fierce bright red within a few moments! My face stayed red, felt hot and tender all day - this cannot be good! I have fairly sensitive skin but not excessively so (I can, for example, use DDF 10% Glycolic Toning Compley without problems). But this very expensive SKII stuff is definitely way too harsh for my skin. I've never let it come near my face again, so I cannot comment on how well it works in the long run. Seems to do great things for others here on MUA. Anyway, to use up the bottle I'm now using it on my arms and it tingles even there. Would definitely not repurchase.

on 4/13/2009 12:48:00 AM

Seriously. Had totally normal skin before trying this product. Started using it 2 weeks ago. I started breaking out a little, thought it was my imagination. Got worse. Then I read that my skin may be "de-toxing". Tried to be patient. Zits increased. Literally, one would pop up before the next would heal.
I (stupidly) kept using it. Because it was bloody expensive and I WANTED it to work. Now I have a HUGE cyst- like zit on my chin. It looks like a boil. I don't know how to go to work tomorrow. I have NEVER EVER had a zit like this. Coincidence? I think not. This CANNOT be good, I don't care WHAT the company claims. Stay away. Stay away. You won't know until it is too late
10/8/2009
Still have a purple scar today (my first EVER from a zit) on my chin from the above mentioned cyst/zit. Don't think it will ever go away. Buyer beware! I don't think it is wise to "stick this irritation period through." Or to be patient. It scarred me.

I got this product as a freebie (I work for a magazine) and I thought "Whoopie - this bottle is ginormous it'll last for ages and it'll do the job when my Bliss Sleeping Peel runs out". Can't figure out what it's supposed to do but my skin wasn't crazy about it. Made me a bit spotty I think (Got an oily T-zone and a coupla crow's feet on my 34-year-old skin). I now use it on my neck and chest and rub the excess on my hands, doesn't make any sort of difference there either. What is this product for??

Video Reviews & Tutorials