SKII Facial Treatment Essence

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 30-35
SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of my holy grail products, and splurge on at least 2-3 bottles a year... if you have PROBLEM skin— from cystic acne, issues with tiny bumps, or rough areas— this stuff is awesome: It is the only thing I have ever actually had make my Pores smaller. Blackheads, Whitehead’s, congested, patchy or unevenTexture— these can/will change your skin.
If you already have pretty good skin, skip it. ;) congrats! You don’t need it and it won’t do much.;)) the masks, however, could probably give results on everyone.

Note: Sephora is a great way to try it, Bc you can always return it if you are sensitive or have no results.

Also, I am pretty sure this is a very similar product to biologue researches p450 in principle.

The essence and treatment lotion are practically the same thing, you don’t need both.

on 6/1/2017 7:52:00 AM

Would love to buy again but WAY too expensive!!! feels so refreshing and left my skin feeling moisturized all day.
Oh well!

on 9/10/2016 5:54:00 AM

Let me start by telling you my story First. I have a very sensitive combination skin. To add salt to injury it developed a painful type of rosacea over the last years due to use of anti acne products. I was left with a combo sensitive skin yet extremely dry in some areas. I always struggled trying to find the 'perfect' product for my skin. I tried many high end brands and I even had to go to a dermatologist. I tried natural remedies but nothing seemed to work out. The products would either broke me out or dried out my skin. And then came Missha time revolution essence which my sister swore by it and this is how I was introduced to the idea of 'essence' for the first time. I ordered it from an online shopping website. I used it a couple of times but it didn't seem to work either so I started to compare it with SKII essence and I read many bloggers' reviews and watched many youtubers raving about. So I said to myself why not give it a try. I went straight ahead to the SKII counter and got myself one. I started to see the difference including the smooth texture and the healthy complexion when I woke up the next morning. Then I tried the toner and I'm soooo glad I did . it does contain salicylic acid but that was a bounty for me my skin cleared up within a week. It moisturized and removed the dirt very effectively. The essence and the toner seemed to work perfectly when used together. But I needed more moisturizing effect so I got myself the repair C and the RNA cream. I can't rave enough about these two especially when I layered them on my face. My face looked absolute dewy moisturized super healthy and radiant. Now it is almost a month since I used them all together and there is no single break out yes no more clogged pores or painful pimples or dryness or even painful rosacea but I still can't see any different regarding the fine lines, I have some when I'm smiling. And bear in mind it could be irritating the first two weeks But my skin got along with it eventually. I didn't freak out because I was told this is gone happen and I needed to be patient. But still it could differ from one to another so try to get a sample from each product since they are massively expensive.

on 7/9/2016 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have used this product intermittently for the past decade. Every time I try the line, I really hope it makes a difference. It's an ok moisturiser, but that's it. When I do try the line, I mean the whole product line of cleanser, toner, essence, cream (LXP), eye cream, whitener, face mask, etc etc. It sets me back $1000 easily each time I give it a go. So believe me when I say I have given it a go, and that I have real regrets.

For those of you who really like pitera (known as galactomyces), there are plenty of dupes around. Tony Moly, Missha and a whole list of other companies sell this at a fraction of the price. This website comes with a few other alternatives: http://haninskin.blogspot.com.au/2015/05/all-that-galactomycessaccharomyces.html (I am NOT affiliated!)

I tell you all this, because like I have told my best friend who uses this line, if you want the active ingredient, you shouldn't have to pay this much. Seriously, Tony Moly is $22 for a 150ml bottle on Amazon. AND it is 96.5% pitera! (vs SKII at 90%)

If you like the product, great. Personally, I gave $700 worth of unused remaining products to my sister because I felt like I was splashing water on my face. Now I use a $20 moisturiser from Etude House, and toner/serum from Instanatural (which cost approx $20 each). However, if you want to stick with pitera, for the sake of your wallets, please consider the alternatives. Some of the other brands are really quite reputable.

on 1/10/2016 6:20:00 AM

So after years of procrastination, I finally committed to buying this miracle product. And I'm not sure if it was psychological, I noticed my complexion turning brighter and smoother after two weeks of use. I had a few acne in the first week but it went away in the second week. I use this right after the facial treatment clear lotion, twice a day morning and night, followed by a regular moisturiser. I do think the two SKII products complement each other.

Cost was a huge setback. So while I really enjoy this, I'll try out some of the other cheaper alternatives out there (like secret key or son & park).

on 8/18/2015 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't write as many negative reviews as I do positive, mostly because I'm more enthusiastic when sharing my experiences with products I truly love and enjoy using. But I had such a weird experience with this that I had to share.

Here's a rundown on my skin: normal, slightly dry during the winter or during allergy season, not acne prone at all, and I'm religious with sunscreen (I wear it every day, rain or shine) so it's pretty even in tone and I have no wrinkles yet. It's also extremely sensitive. Make that crazy sensitive. I'm leery of ever trying new skincare because of that, but wanted to try this because I wanted a gentle, brightening, and moisturizing product to add to my current routine. My skin doesn't tolerate any type of heavy product well, so thick creams or serums are out. I heard good things about this, and a close friend uses this with great results.

For reference, here's a list of the skincare products that I use regardless of any new additions:
AM:
Revive Skincare Gel Cleanser
Rodin Olio Lusso (2 drops patted into face and neck)
Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer
Radical Skincare Skin Perfecting Screen SPF30

PM:
Revive Skincare Gel Cleanser
NARS Skin Restorative Night Treatment
Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer

I started using this morning at night as a first step after cleansing. I used about half a teaspoon in the palm of my hand, then patted it into my skin. I followed with my Rodin face oil, and Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer. For the first few weeks I noticed a visible brightening and radiance in my skin, and my skin felt more moisturized and looked supple. Truly, I was impressed and thrilled. My bare skin had a beautiful glow that was getting noticed by other people. These results continued for about four more months, and I couldn't imagine not using it.

Then, at about the four month mark, I started getting tiny white pimples on my chin. As I said before, I'm not acne prone at all, and was shocked. I couldn't figure out what was causing this since I hadn't added new makeup or skincare to my routine at all. Being that I haven't had acne or blemishes since I was a teenager, I was so upset. It didn't go away for a couple weeks and I started to wonder if I was getting adult acne. Finally I started researching my current products more thoroughly and after reading similar experiences on MUA regarding this product, I took it out of my routine and stopped using it. Low and behold, a few days later my skin was back to normal, not a pimple in sight.

So all in all, it's strange to think that something can deliver such stellar results for a time then just pull a 180 and become awful for my skin. I'm never touching this stuff again, and I urge anyone with sensitive skin to be cautious when trying this. I haven't had such bad luck with a product in years. I ended up returning this to Nordstrom.

on 11/10/2014 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have been using SKII Treatement Essense for the past year and have repurchased it twice already. I can't believe I didn't review this earlier. This is a wonderful miracle in a bottle product and worth the hype and the money. It helps restore hydration while helping it heal, soothe, and prevent any signs of aging on my skin. I just feel that this product makes all other products applied thereafter perform 200% times better. I use this as the first thing prior to my toner (some days I skip the toner if i'm too tired) and then moisturizer. I don't use this in the morning beacuse let's face it girls I'm not a hollywood star and do have limited resources but to be honest, this is so potent that you don't need to use it in the morning as at night time your skin is working at its best thus most beneficial to use it at night time. I love this product and will repurchase again.

on 4/4/2014 11:47:00 AM

I used this religiously for over a year. I never saw any particular benefit from using it for my skin though I searched and searched hoping to validate my over the top purchase!

on 12/11/2013 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This does wonders to my face. I have deep acne scars. After using it for two weeks i notice my scars are lighter and the redness reduced. I did have some breakouts after using it for a week, i guess thats because my skin trying to get used to the new product.Overall i love this product as now i can see that my skin are more even and not much redness.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am totally amazed by this product. Actually i bought a bottle of this when I was at around 26 and it didnt work on me. Now at 35, my skin is actually aging. It didnt work in the past but now I see dramatic results. I think this product works better on older skin. My face looks more radiant and forehead lines are less prone. The miracle of all? My eye lines are less prominent. But I dun use treatment essence on eye areas. I guess this is due to me using eye serum right after my treatment essence. My fingers have some essence leftover. Nevertheless, I will pay for this product since it deliver the results I want.