SKII Facial Treatment Essence

SKII Facial Treatment Essence
Facial Treatment EssenceFacial Treatment Essence

3.6

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was a big fan of their whitening mask (possibly the best sheet mask I've ever used for an instant glow/radiance) and received a small sample of this as a GWP at the SKII counter in Singapore some years back. Knowing how fussy my skin can be and therefore not to complicate things I decided to use this only once I'd gone through my pack of masks. The smell is...'funky' I don't know how else I can describe it, had to really keep this away from my nose! I did notice a slight 'renewed' or fresher look to my skin, probably due to the Pitera, however I started to develop cystic acne and had to discontinue use within just 4 days. Definitely not suited to my skin type.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled hundreds of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 4/8/2018 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate to admit that I have fallen in love with this product. It's SO expensive that it would have been much better for my wallet if I'd hated it! I will definitely have to repurchase though. It took a few days to notice an improvement, but after applying this every night I wake up with skin that's smooth and as close to perfection as I think I'll get. It can be tricky to apply. I never use a cotton pad because like others I don't want to waste it. It usually works ok to dispense some in your hand and apply it that way. I notice no scent at all, and the smallest bottle ($100) lasts me a very long time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of my holy grail products, and splurge on at least 2-3 bottles a year... if you have PROBLEM skin— from cystic acne, issues with tiny bumps, or rough areas— this stuff is awesome: It is the only thing I have ever actually had make my Pores smaller. Blackheads, Whitehead’s, congested, patchy or unevenTexture— these can/will change your skin.
If you already have pretty good skin, skip it. ;) congrats! You don’t need it and it won’t do much.;)) the masks, however, could probably give results on everyone.

Note: Sephora is a great way to try it, Bc you can always return it if you are sensitive or have no results.

Also, I am pretty sure this is a very similar product to biologue researches p450 in principle.

The essence and treatment lotion are practically the same thing, you don’t need both.

on 12/3/2017 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is life changing. I have never ever used anything on my skin that has made such a difference. It is super expensive but IT WORKS. I have dry/dehydrated skin and nothing makes my skin glowy and fresh like this essence. I don't use it everyday because it is so expensive, but if I'm ever having a bad skin day, this saves it immediately. If i have a breakout, this stops it. If my skin feels dry, this moisturizes it. This product is truly incredible.

on 11/4/2017 2:06:00 AM

Freshen up the skin! I always use this in the morning and night. Works to moist the combination face and also reduce the inflammation on my face during pms

on 6/1/2017 7:52:00 AM

Would love to buy again but WAY too expensive!!! feels so refreshing and left my skin feeling moisturized all day.
Oh well!

on 4/25/2017 11:27:00 PM

I don't understand this overhyped product. It did not make any difference to my skin. Not a tonic but not a gel either. I regret buying it. My skin does not feel smoother or moisturized.

on 2/13/2017 5:29:00 AM

I have no idea how to write review about this product without being nasty about it. But I will do my best.

This is SK II most advertised product so I guess that is one of the factors I am so disappointed with it. Aside from the fact I felt I've been lied to. The SA never said anything about this product will sort of "detox" your skin. 2 weeks after first applying it trouble seems to appear on my skin. Starting from redness, small acne to major breakouts in several parts of my face. I complained to the SA and they simply told me to compress the acne with this product and it will go away. It DID NOT and call me a fool or whatever but I did what they told me to do. I purchased this product along with several other products recommended by the SA. I took skin test before starting using this product and I did good (scored at 75%). And now after 3 months of going through the whole giant bottle along with their other products my skin test dropped to below 50%.

Very much disappointed.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Im thankful for this product. I have combination (oily t zone, dry patches on cheeks),super sensitive and acne prone skin. My face went through an adjustment period or what they call "purge" for a wk. there were little bumps on my skin that looked like an allergic reaction. I almost stopped using this but i still gave it a chance. I also have a window for skin care products so my skin will adjust (having a super sensitive skin). I thought if my skin will continue reacting that bad then ill stop using it but lo and behold,after a wk,my skin is getting better. My skin has become less sensitive and i got more clear skin. Also i love how soft my skin is after using this. It wont moisturize the skin though but will leave your skin soft and glowing. Not a fan of the smell but i can live with it since its not that strong. I wish it was cheaper though. If you want your skin to have a better texture,less sensitive,clear and glowing then try this.

on 12/20/2016 3:11:00 AM