SKII Facial Treatment Essence

Filtered by age: 25-29
SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 8/8/2017 7:03:00 AM

I'm not sure how I feel about this product, I don't understand what it's meant to do. I've been using it but haven't seen any results. Also, you moisten a cotton pad with it and wipe it over your face but for a product so expensive it seems crazy to use so much when so little actually ends up on your face. I love the SK-II Steam Power face cream and have seen results from it but paired with the facial essense there is no further effect, I will just stick with the Steam Power cream by itself.

Many people swear by this as their holy grail product, which is made with the by product of Sake making, which is called pitera. This product is definitely a cult classic. To be honest, with all my experience using this product i've never noticed any positive benefits, but certainly haven't had any negative either. I would just find it too funny if all this product was was a bottle of $100 mineral water... My more detailed review is below.

on 2/1/2017 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Got mine from the SK-II site directly. I like it and I'm using it with my shiseido eudermine.
But WOW this thing though, some key things to mention. The texture of the essence is like water. And compared to my Eudermine its even more watery with no stickyness whatsoever. It basically soaks into your skin so fast. When you apply it on your face, it feels like liquid silk.... if silk was a liquid. Odd right, but its SO smooth even though its clear and watery.

The other key point: smell. GOOD LORD it smells like natto/mildly smelling feet/blue cheese/etc. Like if any one of these had a perfume made, this would be it. I personally think it smells like natto (mildly stinking/sweaty feet), not like rice vinegar (see, this smells decent and actually like FOOD) I sort of reeled when I put it on the first time, and for a good week or so I had the barbaric urge to WASH my hands of the left over essence on my hands. Cause holy smellz!. If interested, would recommend buying directly from site so you would know how it smells and feels, its very distinct.

Effects: Moisturing? yes, check. Brightening? I think it might take a while to notice but it does have a SLIGHT effect. I cant say how fast though because I am pretty generous when applying the amount. Nightly 2-3 pumps first and 2-3 pumps 30 min later (I bought the big pump size)

on 12/22/2016 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I wont deny, that this is a great product. It hydrates my sensitive and breakout prone skin to the max, leaving it dewy, bright and even. But as great as it is... this is the reason why I wont keep repurchasing it: there are many other products out there, with the same or even higher amount of pitera, that cost much less.

I switched to Cosrx Galactomyces 95 (95% pitera) essence and the results are just as awesome as with the SKII essence and it costs only 20$.

on 10/7/2016 9:42:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I bought 75 ml size and gone through half of it. I'm still skeptical about the result. I didn't notice any different but a friend of mine borrowed my bottle and used for 1 night. In the next day his face is glowing. I guess it's good for my wallet that it didn't work.

(Throwback review)

(I have luck with shiseido ibuki, retin A and vitamin c)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used this for the last year or so, off and on. I don't think this is the end all be all HG skin product but it definitely works well with other products stacked. I think this has made a difference in my skin looking better over the last year.

on 4/13/2016 8:23:00 PM

I don’t understand all the hype for this product. It did nothing for my skin. The only difference I notice is that it made my skin whiter, which is not something I’m aiming for.

on 3/28/2016 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is good for waking up my skin in the morning and rejuvenating my skin at night after a day of work. It is well-known that you have to keep using it for the effects. I love it and will keep using it.

Used to be my hg but Ive no idea why it didn't work this time.

Perhaps I should apply it more frequently? It's too expensive and I'll only repurchase it if I have the extra moolahs.

Smell: that distinctive saliva smell
Texture: thin like water

on 12/8/2015 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have been using this for a month now with the facial treatment clear lotion, i'd say this is quite good, after using this for a month i can see an improvement in my skin. I think it has made my skin brighter and clearer. Will continue using it to see how it goes :)