SKII Facial Treatment Essence

SKII Facial Treatment Essence
Facial Treatment EssenceFacial Treatment Essence

3.5

on 7/17/2018 11:09:00 PM

I bought the SK-II essence from Sephora in April and I've been using it almost everyday after I wash my face. I haven't seen any difference in my skin at all. It's just like rubbing water on my face. It didn't do anything. I paid $100 for a set containing a 2.5 oz essence, a mask, and a 1 ounce facial clear lotion. I haven't used the mask yet but the essence is way too expensive when it didn't deliver. I prefer the May Coop Raw Sauce. I'm so sad Sephora doesn't carry it anymore but I found that worked much better and it's $35.

on 7/10/2018 11:14:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I decided to try this based on the hype. I am not sure that I have seen all the benefits of the claims yet, but my skin is smooth. I did not repurchase and after reading comparisons with COSRX I switched to that one. It has the same essential ingredients but also has hyaluronic acid and niacinimide (sp) for under $30. I will continue to use the COSRX.

on 7/10/2018 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I used up an entire bottle of this. Not because it was good, but because it was a gift that I couldn't return. With a price tag over $75, I wanted to get the full scoop.

I would never repurchase. Honestly even if it worked for me. The price isn't the issue here, it's the ingredients. The fermented ingredient (Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate) is the selling point. There are close-ish dupes on the market for a fraction of the cost (examples: CosRX, Missha). And I've used those for comparison. Nothing in the ingredient list is mind blowing. I didn't notice any difference, good or bad, between the brands.

Fermented ingredients just don't seem to do anything for my skintype. That's not to say it's bogus. Everyone's skin just reacts differently to ingredients. Some people love vitamin c while others have better success with acids or tretinoin. Skincare is very your-mileage-may-vary. Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate is meant to hydrate, brighten, and smooth skin all at once. So if the active ingredient works for you, keep using it.

Now, if you do like this product... please only use it as a leave on. If you use it as a toner or make up remover before washing your face, congrats on throwing money away. Washing it off so quickly after will never give the active ingredient a chance to do its "work".

on 5/20/2018 11:09:00 PM

So expensive but this is really good! I'm halfway through my first bottle but already my face seems brighter. Using it like a toner in the morning before moisturizing/sunblocking/priming my face for make-up. I like that the texture is light and absorbs easily into the skin after cleansing. But it's really pricey, so I'd probably repurchase if there's a discount.

on 3/20/2018 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I will never go without.

Used since 2007, the year my skin decided to dry up like the death valley due to the delight that is the english weather. Cystic acne - big, purple nodules that had no head and would perpetually stay under my skin, getting purpler by the day. I suffered for about six to nine months from this and in the beginning i tried all sorts of 'anti blemish/acne' treatments - dermalogica and other "acne brands" designed to dry out the skin further which obviously made the problem worse, i got more and more of them on my cheeks and they just would not subside. My self esteem was at an all time low, i wore the thickest mac foundation that was available at that time, layered with thick concealer AND thick powder.

Then, my mum decided to purchase the discontinued aqua physics set of sk2 and gave it to my friend to pass to me. (this was before the days of online shopping, and sk2 was VERY hard to get in the uk at that time) This set had cleanser, the essence, serum and moisturiser. Within a fortnight my skin was drastically improving. after two or three months of continuous usage, my skin became problem free. in fact, my acne had all cleared up by the following winter and never came back. all i had left was remnants of scars on my left cheek caused by the prolonged presence of underground nodules. the scars never did go away completely, even now, 10 years on, my left cheek still has faint pink scars from that harrowing period in my life.

Throughout the years, I gave up FTE on and off but decided to stick to it permanently about 5 years ago. Best decision I've ever made. Now i get complimented on my skin all the time, at an age where my friends are starting to get crows feet and laugh lines, i have (touch wood) nary a crinkle on glowy skin.

Expensive. But I will never give it up and it is ABSOLUTELY worth it. prolonged use shows on your face.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of my holy grail products, and splurge on at least 2-3 bottles a year... if you have PROBLEM skin— from cystic acne, issues with tiny bumps, or rough areas— this stuff is awesome: It is the only thing I have ever actually had make my Pores smaller. Blackheads, Whitehead’s, congested, patchy or unevenTexture— these can/will change your skin.
If you already have pretty good skin, skip it. ;) congrats! You don’t need it and it won’t do much.;)) the masks, however, could probably give results on everyone.

Note: Sephora is a great way to try it, Bc you can always return it if you are sensitive or have no results.

Also, I am pretty sure this is a very similar product to biologue researches p450 in principle.

The essence and treatment lotion are practically the same thing, you don’t need both.

on 12/11/2017 12:11:00 PM

i didnt personally use this but my mom did for 5 years straight and her face is as soft as a baby's butt. it's the only skincare product she used for a long time and i think that really made the difference. it is insanely expensive, but she highly recommends it. she did get comments that she doesn't look 45 -- despite her having bad skin back in her 30s

on 11/18/2017 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So I've been using this for about 4 1/2 months, I did buy it because Cate Blanchett promotes the line regularly and her skin is perfection. I apply it after cleansing and toning and wait about 5-10 min for it to absorb before moving on to actives, serums and moisturizers. I use my hands and press it into my face and neck, the scent is light but not good, luckily it fades quickly. I find that my skin looks much more even when I use this, redness is reduced by a lot it almost makes me look too monotone to be honest lol, like stark white. It does seem to work a tad better with the SKII clarifying lotion used right before but I have stopped using both due to cost. Would probably repurchase if I can't find a suitable dupe. Unfortunately I find this far too expensive to fully commit to buying again but I would if the price was lower. It's currently $125CAD for 75ml.

on 8/8/2017 7:03:00 AM

I'm not sure how I feel about this product, I don't understand what it's meant to do. I've been using it but haven't seen any results. Also, you moisten a cotton pad with it and wipe it over your face but for a product so expensive it seems crazy to use so much when so little actually ends up on your face. I love the SK-II Steam Power face cream and have seen results from it but paired with the facial essense there is no further effect, I will just stick with the Steam Power cream by itself.

on 6/1/2017 7:52:00 AM

Would love to buy again but WAY too expensive!!! feels so refreshing and left my skin feeling moisturized all day.
Oh well!