Microfiber cloths

Price: $

Price: $

Pure awesomeness.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have been using these for the past 6 or so years, I've use many different cleansers in that time but I've always removed it with a microfiber cloth. I actually don't replace them that often, as I find after several uses they soften and are gentler on my sensitive skin. I wash them with my other laundry (don't use fabric softener/conditioner on them!) and use a new one daily. I find them a bit more intense than muslin cloths and konjac sponges, so always use gentle pressure when using.

on 4/7/2016 11:39:00 PM

Never thought to use a microfiber cloth as a face cloth, but picked up a few packs of these bad boys at Walmart in the automotive section for $5 for 6 cloths. Not a bad deal considering the actual face cloths were $4 per cloth. Anyway, I am pretty happy with the microfiber cloths. Haven't had any adverse reaction to using them on my face or anything. I have been using the oil cleansing method and these cloths are great for getting that oil and grime off my face at the end of the day. Also effective, but yet soft, with eye makeup removal. I wouldn't say this is a miracle cloth for your skin by any means, but it does the job just as well or better than a regular face cloth for a better price. I wouldn't recommend going nuts exfoliating with it as it won't do anything amazing and your skin will be left red. The only negative to these cloths are that they are worse than touching cotton balls. I can't stand the feel of them.

To Read all 150 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/25/2016 12:42:00 PM

Bought the fluffy version at the local Dollarama instead of the typical one I'd use for cleaning my phone or other glass/screen surfaces. I figured I didn't want the exfoliation that can happen with the other style cloth since I do this already with another product and don't want to irritate my skin from over exfoliating. Basically, I soaked the cloth in warm water, wrung it out and without any cleanser wiped all the makeup off of my face. Followed up with micellar water on a cotton round and there was zero residue on the cotton. I still used my Clarisonic with a gentle cleanser to deep clean my pores and find this is the most clean and clear my skin has ever been. If you stopped after just the micro fiber cloth makeup removal step because it is late, you're tired, whatever, I think your skin would still feel pretty good although I personally wouldn't recommend that as the only step in your usual routine, but on occasion...

I don't know who discovers these uses for everyday items but thanks for sharing on this site, we all benefit from hearing about others experiences.

on 12/29/2015 6:49:00 PM

Bought 1/4 yard of hot pink bubble fleece (or minky fabric) and it removes makeup easily with plain water.
☆☆☆ I only paid 88CENTS and that was enough fabric for me,my sis, and niece.☆☆☆

Didn't try it on mascara, but it did remove all of my other makeup. I followed up with a cotton round and makeup remover just to verify that it was in fact cleaning my face....THERE WAS NO MAKEUP RESIDUE AT ALL!

Obviously it's washable so it will save on makeup remover wipes / cleansers and it's awesome for the times we are too lazy to wash our face right before bed.

I buy the white automotive ones from the Dollar Tree; they seem even softer. I tried the pink one from Sephora for $20 bucks, but returned it because I remembered I am not a millionaire ! From my experience and from what several gurus on YouTube have said, they are good at removing makeup, but you still need to wash your face as usual to remove dirt from your pores. I just use these when I get home from work and am too tired to wash my face. I still need to take my nightly bath and cleanse my face, but these postpone it until I am ready. Highly recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was using only a microfiber cloth to remove makeup for about a week. Even being gentle, it still felt harsh on my skin and my breakouts got worse. But i still use them for my body and sometimes to remove eye makeup.

on 8/21/2015 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I do not use thie pictured style of microfiber, but instead I get the gigantic white fluffy ones found in the automotive section of Dollar Tree. I find the washcloth style is just too harsh on my reactive skin but the plush style is perfection. It appears to be a dupe of the "Makeup Eraser". It works on my normal to combo oily skin (in summer), and normal to dry (in winter) sensitive, rosacea prone skin. I use it with a cream, gel or even without cleanser, depending on what my skin is up to that day or night. I prefer this as over chemical or physical beaded exfoliating products. It leaves my skin in great condition.

on 7/19/2015 11:54:00 AM

I tried this after reading Makeup alley reviews. This REALLY works. I only do this about 1 - 2 times a week when my skin starts to feel a little rough. This does an amazing job of exfoliating without drying or scratching the skin. My skin looks and feels healthier right away!

on 5/3/2015 4:44:00 AM

If you want something to remove those stubborn blackheads on your nose, look no further. Nothing else that I have used (benzoyl peroxide, BHA lotion, retinol) has done as good a job as microfibres cloths.

I use the cloth once a day (nighttime shower usually). I wash my face with my cleanser then gently remove it using a wet microfibre cloth. No pressure is required - just gentle wipes. I clean them regularly (every two or three days) in the washing machine and hang out to dry.

Moisturiser is a must as these bad boys will dry out your skin because they are so good at removing all the gunk off your face, including natural oils. Since using the microfibre cloth as part of my night time routine, my pores appear smaller and it's even reduced some fine lines.

These cloths are cheap to buy, easy to use and chemical free. Just remember to be super gentle if using them on your face.

on 4/10/2015 10:46:00 AM

I use the Oil Clensing Method, but I have to say that this item has made a difference: my skin is smoother and clearer than ever and it feels so clean. I find that there are different types of microfiber cloths in the home cleaning sections of supermarkets. Some of them feel rougher to the touch, like they are made of plastic, and then there is the kind that looks and feels like cotton/ like a thin towel. This second type is the only one that works for me, but still, it is so much more exfoliating than you think (i.e. it 100% exfoliates your nose). I wipe my face without applying any pressure. I once used it like a sponge and my sensitive skin felt over scrubbed for about 4 days. One thing I love about microfiber cloths is that you can wash them with a little bit of liquid soap and they are immaculate in seconds: the oil and dirt do not stick to them like it would happen with cotton. I use a white cloth and I wear makeup, and I remove my makeup with an oil that is yellow in colour. In 30 seconds the cloth is back to its original white, no joke. Another plus is that they are dry in about an hour. This allows me to use just one. Great for travelling.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools