Trilogy Balancing Gel Cleanser

Trilogy Balancing Gel Cleanser

3.6

on 7/25/2017 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This made my skin red, sensitive, and gave me broken blood vessels. However, it didn't break me out and I have very oily skin. I liked how my skin felt but couldn't continue using it. I think it was the witch hazel but couldn't be certain.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

My holy grail. In my third bottle and already have one more stocked up. Every time I use this, it uplifts me. The gel like consistency and non foaming properties feels like a dream on your skin. Love It's Botanical scent and how it makes me feel so clean yet moisturized! It's really a balancing cleanser. Works well on it's own and even better with the Clarisonic! The only draw back is how expensive it is. Simple, clean and timeless packaging that works because the product is always near the opening of the bottle, no product wasted!

on 12/10/2015 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This cleanser works better for me than anything I've ever found for my combination skin. Not drying and keeps pores clean. The smell is nice. Texture is gel-like. A bit hard to find. Update: after a year and a half of using this cleanser I like it more than ever and have seen a steady improvement in my skin - fewer breakouts and cleaner pores.

on 3/18/2015 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have acne and to be honest this is the only cleanser I've ever used that seems to reduce breakouts once they occur. Every time I change to a different cleanser I regret it as breakouts stay for weeks whereas with this, they seem to heal in half the time.

I have pretty oily skin that is prone to many random breakouts. I felt this product cleaned my face so well! I would definitely recommend a good moisturiser if you find it to be too drying, but my Body Shop vitamin E one makes it the perfect match for this cleanser. My skin has NEVER felt this great!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is thin and runny, would be better in a pump. I have oily skin and found it irritated my skin and made it sensitive. I checked the ingredients with my dermatologist and we put it down to the added perfume and the well known skin sensitisers/irritants Citral, Geraniol, Citronellol, Linalool so I am not surprised. I used to love the original bar soap for years which kept my sensitive skin calm and supple but I have not been able to buy it since the name has been sold to a large company and "gone global"....Now they have discontinued the soap and started to make pricer products with longer ingredients list that look the same as every other brand offers but for way more money.

on 10/4/2013 10:08:00 PM

What I've noticed looking at review on here that aren't that great- people with normal/dry skin have used this, and/or found it didn't foam up enough. Firstly, this cleanser is for combination skin, so it's going to be a bit more stronger in terms of eliminating oils and dirt to cater for the oiler areas of combo skin. Secondly, this cleanser is a GEL cleanser, of course it isn't going to be super foamy, but Trilogy is also a natural company, so there is no Sodium Laureth/Laurel Sulfate- which are the ingredients that cause frothing in products- nasty fillers, not beneficial at all. We only look for froth and foam because we're used it, a product doesn't need to froth to actually clean your skin.

Now, onto my experience with this product. It is pricey, at $36 from Priceline, but you do get a considerable amount- I've had this for around 2-3 months now, using it three times week or so, and I still have quite a bit left. It smells great, and works amazing with my Clarisonic. I was originally using Sukin gel cleanser, but I definitely feel that the Trilogy one is a better cleanser. It smells amazing (very botanical, so may not be for everyone), and it makes my skin feel amazing after I used it with my Clarisonic. If you're looking at going into more natural skincare and you want to save before you splurge, the Sukin Gentle Foaming Cleanser is a good alternative, but like I said, I personally find the Trilogy one better for my combo skin. Has this magically transformed my skin? No. But it is an effective NATURAL cleanser, something I prefer these days, and makes my skin feel wonderfully soft and clean, but not that horrible 'dry' squeaky clean. I recommend this for people with combo skin, and I will definitely be re-purchasing on the sad day that I run out.

Ingredients for reference:
Aqua (water), Disodium cocoyl glutamate, Lauryl glucoside, Coco-glucoside (and) glyceryl oleate, Xanthan gum, Witch hazel, Willow bark extract, Chamomile flower extract, Elderberry fruit extract, Echinacea extract, Manuka honey, Aloe vera leaf extract, Cucumber fruit extract, Certified Organic Rosehip Oil , Parfum, Citric acid, Dehydroacetic acid (and) benzyl alcohol, Citral, Geraniol, Citronellol, Linalool

on 1/26/2012 2:07:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

Of all the Trilogy products I have tried this is probably my least favourite. The consistency of the gel is fairly thin and runny and that, combined with the design of the packaging, (a pump dispenser would be so much better) means that it's very hard to control how much product comes out each time. The smell is lovely but because the gel is so thin it was hard to get the product to foam up at all - until I used it with my Clarisonic, at which point it became a bit easier.

I love the Trilogy range as a whole and the products combined have definitely helped improve my skin, however hand on heart I'd have to say that I wouldn't buy THIS particular product again if I didn't own the Clarisonic to use it with. Truthfully it's just too runny, thin and non foaming to be a favourite with me, but it's hard to complain too much about non foaming products when the company go out of their way NOT to use SLS and the like. I guess there have to be some compromises along the way to all natural beauty.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium

At the time I received this Trilogy Balancing Gel Cleanser as a GVP I was experiencing a reaction to a highly emollient sunscreen, it had left my usually normal skin with nasty whiteheads around the underside of my mouth and a few cystic pimples on my chin.

I have to say that I am glad I stuck this one out as it left my skin clear after it broke me out. The gel unclogged my chin so well that I had many spots pop up. I kept using it anyway and found that after a week my skin was back to normal. I don't recommend using this as an everyday cleanser unless you have very oil skin as during use my cheeks had become very dry and sensitive. I remedied the dryness by using a split capsule of evening primrose oil, patting it gently on my face at night.

Pros:
Is balancing for break-outs.
Smells gorgeous.
Natural ingredients.

Cons:
Awful packaging, needs a pump, lose to much product.
Needs to be used in the shower as it is runny.
Breaks the skin out before balancing it (perfect for a weekend in).
Dries skin if overused and may irritate sensitive skin types.

Conclusion:
Not an everyday cleanser, should be used with caution and only on very problematic skin until it has balanced. Store the package cap side up and gently tap onto the hand to release a small amount of the product, otherwise you waste too much of the runny gel. Trilogy has better cleansers for the price, know your skin type and choose appropriately.

I give this product:
1 for packaging, it badly needs a pump!
3 for price as the full size product would last awhile.
3 as an overall rating as it was effective but needs some tweaking.
I wouldn't repurchase this product simply because it is too much for my normal skin type although I am glad I was able to try it for free and maybe, just maybe would keep it in mind for any emergency break-outs...maybe!

on 5/30/2011 5:13:00 PM

While I love Trilogy's Rosehip Oil, I am very disappointed with this cleanser - it hardly foams up at all and I have to use a lot more product than I usually would to get my face to feel clean. It's almost as if the gel simply dissolves once it comes into contact with water. I also find it to be slightly irritating around my eyes - for a product this expensive, I would have expected a lot more.