COVERGIRL Lash Blast

Filtered by hair type : Curly
COVERGIRL Lash Blast

3.8

Waterproof: Petroleum Distillates, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Tall Oil Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Talc. Non-Waterproof: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

ugh. this mascara was recommended to me by a friend. terrible. too wet at first and bc the wand is so big mascara everywhere. once it dried it flaked. literally felt like my lashes were going to fall off they felt so dry.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is my current go-to mascara. I'm not sure if it's HG yet, but it gets the job done. I like a very dramatic look and I couldn't give less of a thought to whether or not it looks natural. This mascara works well with that in consideration, and it's fairly priced.

on 12/4/2015 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been using this mascara for over 5 years (I want to say more like 7 but who knows) and although I keep trying others (both high and low end...and through out my adult life - I'll be 43 in 4 days), this is the only one that really makes my lashes look AMAZING!!! When the product is new the mascara is quite wet and needs more coats than a partially used tube (I don't personally mind this but this may be where others are having problems). Partially used tubes are the best with this mascara because it thickens up and to achieve the same falsie look it takes only 3 coats. It only takes about 1.5 weeks of 1x/day use for the mascara to thicken up...so that really isn't that long IMO. My lashes are long, blond, and semi-curled (NC30-37, dark ash brown hair) and this mascara gives me a false eyelash look very easily!! People have stopped me on the street, coworkers, friends, family all think this mascara is amazing on me and many can't believe I'm not wearing falsies. It takes about 5 coats when the mascara tube is new & wet to achieve the same look. I would think you could figure out how to dry the tube out a bit before using it if the wet part really bothers you.

I alternate coats between eyes and without waiting to apply additional coats and this works beautifully for me. On me, this mascara doesn't budge or flake unless I rub my eyes which may periodically cause a tiny bit of flaking. One tear drop or drop of rain WILL remove the mascara from where the liquid touches. I don't find that it smears...but just disappears on my finger when I wipe the tear off. I have allergies and wear contacts so I keep a tube in my purse to touch up watering eye issues that I have. This is all worth it for amazing lashes, IMO!!

*Note: If you cry in this mascara you will look pretty scary (dark grey smears covering your eye area and parts of your face--it does wash off with water but the rest of your makeup may be destroyed by this)!! You would at least need to totally remove all of your eye makeup and reapply it, or not. Best Wishes!!

on 7/9/2015 3:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This mascara has been a staple of mine for a long time. I always have a backup on hand. I tend to try many different mascaras but always return to this one as my "home base", if you will. I purchase this in the color "blackest black".
This mascara does not flake, clump, or dry out on me. It is not too wet or too dry for application either. I prefer this formula over the other variations such as "Lash Blast Length", etc. This makes my lashes appear longer and fuller, and the brush is easy to control. I use this as an every day mascara, but I usually do not use it for special occasions (such as performances or weddings) as it just doesn't give me enough" OOMPH." It will not give you that fake lashes look, but usually that isn't what I am going for. This mascara is great for every day use.
I will continue to repurchase. I'm also trying to figure out why I haven't posted a review on this until now, as I have been using for years.

on 2/3/2015 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using this mascara for 4 years now. This mascara is widely used by a lot of celebrities and makeup artists. All of my friends used to recommend this but I always put off purchasing this product. Until one of my friend gave me this as gift for my birthday. I actually regret not buying this sooner. This is so amazing. It feels so natural. It does not give that "heavy mascara" feeling. It feels feathery light on my eyelashes. It provides a lot of volume and it does not cause any irritation.

Pros:
1) Affordable
2) Does not feel heavy on my eyelashes.
3) Long lasting.
4) Provides a lot of volume.
5) Does not cause irritation
6) One tube lasts for a very long time.
7) Eyelashes look very healthy and natural.
8) Does not give a spider leg look.
9) It does not clump.
10) Can give a fake lash look if applied a generous amount.

Cons:
1) Not waterproof if that's what you're looking for.
2) Might leave residue in your waterline when you wash it off.
3) It does not give a spider leg look if that's what you're looking for.
4) The big mascara wand can be hard to handle.

I love this mascara and I recommend this to everyone.

on 1/22/2015 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I had wanted to try this product for so long after watching all the rave 'youtube' reviews a few years back. Now that I had gotten my hands on it, I'm not so sure I believe the hype. While the product provides adequate length and separation, not much can be said for the volume aspect. I was severely disappointed after several coats the mascara looked meek and limp in my lashes. I have naturally fairly long and thick eyelashes but this did not do much for them.

I am aware that is almost identical to the max factor false lash effect which I was also disappointed by. Again, it provided minimal length and volume, even after being built up after a couple layers. However, with all this being said, the look it gives is clean, separated natural looking lashes which do not feel crunchy and last all day without flaking or crumbling off. So if you are after a solid natural looking mascara then you could give this a go, although I do believe there are more affordable ones out that there that give the same effect or better.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

One of my absolute favorite mascaras. The quality of this is much better than some high-end products, but for only $7 at drugstores.

I love the brush. It evenly coats my lashes and separates them. The formula is awesome too. It thickens and lengthens my lashes without feeling too heavy or irritating. The formula isn't super wet and doesn't flake or smudge. I sometimes forget that I'm wearing it. You can wear many coats to the point where it looks like you have on falsies, and it doesn't get clumpy or spidery.

Great buy. Amazing quality for the price.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really hate this mascara. The formula was dry and flaky. I even experienced fall out. Yes it does live up to its name because I did see a difference in my lashes but I would much rather a formula that wasn't as drying.

on 5/14/2014 6:58:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I always find myself coming back to this mascara. On its own it isn't too special, but if you use this before other mascaras it is amazing. I think all mascaras should be combined with another for best results. I love the brush on this. It really separates the lashes well. No clumps. I usually use this before Calvin Klein or benefit mascara. Really really good. Will probably always repurchase!

on 1/17/2014 4:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I like some things about this very much and some not so much. I love that they have a brown shade, not just a brown/black shade (which they also have). I have brown hair and few lashes and black mascara can look funny on me. I also like that this doesn't clump bad. Given the fact that my eyes seem to tear all day - it doesn't smudge too badly and I do not wear waterproof. Still it comes off easily.

I don't love the brush. I have gotten more use to it but it can tug and hurt if you suddenly blink, which is the natural thing to do when a big orange wand is waved in front of your eye. It feels a bit hard. The head is a bit big. I like smaller cuved brushes. But it gives decent length. While I like the feel of mascara that goes on wet, it can be very messy. This goes on dryish. . So with that big wand and all the blinking, it doesn't make such a mess in the bottom corner as it might. Also, it doesn't flake off.

So right now it is my go to. Nothing amazing, but is also not bad and not expensive. So for those who like brown I recommend.