COVERGIRL Lash Blast Volume Mascara

COVERGIRL Lash Blast Volume Mascara

3.7

Waterproof: Petroleum Distillates, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Tall Oil Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Talc. Non-Waterproof: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 11/16/2018 8:28:00 PM

I dislike this mascara immensely! I use a lash curler and primer. My lashes fell straight after two hours.

on 10/22/2018 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is terrible! After reading a number of reviews and seeing some reviews on YouTube, I decided to give it a try. The wand is way too big for me, and I got more on my eyelid than on my lashes. Then, when I got to work, it had flaked all over my cheeks! I'm not sure why this is getting such great reviews as it didn't give me any additional volume at all. I won't be repurchasing this and will likely toss out the new one I have.

I have very straight short lashes and need waterproof mascara. Been using this product for about 4-5 years and the curl lasted all day until recently. I bought it again summer 2018 and it seems that they must have changed the ingeredients as the curl didn’t last. Used it a few times and every time it was the same result. I don’t like the thick bottle and applicator wand. It’s hard to maneuver. Not sure why Covergirl has such thick mascara bottles. Mascara bottles and applicators should be long and sleek for easier handling. I only bought it because of the price and usually stock up when it was on sale. It worked fine and worked on my straight lashes. I will not be buying this again as it doesn’t keep the curl and the black colour is not intense enough. I will go back to my Japanese Heroine brand as it’s a little more expensive but it does the job!

on 8/22/2018 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The things I really like about this is that it stays well (I use this i.e. when I exercise - it doesn't flake or run), the brush separates my lashes well, it curls well, and this has to get pretty old to begin to clump (at least IME). What I don't like about this: it doesn't really give volume - it creates a pretty natural look, on my sparse lashes. I don't know how the people in the pictures above got so much volume, but I'm not about to apply 4 layers of mascara to get to that point. The way I like to use this mascara is: apply some on my top and bottom lashes, and then go in with one layer of a more wet formula on the top lashes to create more volume. What I really like is that if I applied the wet formula onto my bare lashes, they would instantly uncurl. However, the Lash Blast is really good at holding a curl, so I can create more volume without getting droopy lashes.

This is a mascara I use every day and have repurchased 4 times in the past year, so yes: I really, really like it. However, I deduct a star because I can't get away with only using this if I want my lashes to have good volume. I recommend it 100% if you have good lashes, want a ore natural look, or are fine with using this the way I do though :)

I use mascara for everyday makeup and I prefer formulas which lengthen lashes and do not flake. This mascara does the job decently. I put it on my 5 am and take it off at 6pm. Live in a tropical country though my office has air conditioning but my eyelids also tend to be oily. No smudging with this one. I also notice better effect when applied twice.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

After a not-so-great experience with the Maybelline mascara I thought I would give this a shot. Definitely a vast improvement! No clumping, adds length and volume whilst still looking natural. I don't use this as much as I used to (since finding a very good lash growth serum with permanent results) but on those days - or rather nights out when I want even more definition, this is my go-to mascara. Easily available and affordable too.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled hundreds of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 6/22/2018 1:58:00 AM

This is my second favorite mascara (L’Oreal Voluminous is my HG); it’s never clumpy, gives me good volume, and it wears well even in the gym. It isn’t the best for adding length, but overall it’s a winner.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I use this mascara two different ways. But first, you should know that my eyelashes are pretty long looking without mascara on. They are just very light in color.
Use #1: When I want to go for a very natural look, I put on one coat of this mascara. People have told me that they didn't think I was wearing mascara but my eyelashes looked incredibly long. It can look very natural.
Use #2: When I am going for a more dramatic look, I use two mascaras. I apply a coat of this one first to lengthen and separate my lashes. Then I apply a different mascara to really darken them and make them look more voluminous.
I really do love this product. I use it everyday. But despite the name and "volumizing" description, this mascara lengthens and separates my lashes more than making them more voluminous. I'm sure if you layered many coats of it, it could build more volume. I, however, just use one, and I am happy with the result. It usually doesn't clump at all but can get kind of flake by the end of the day. But for the price, I absolutely adore this mascara and haven't found anything that can lengthen and separate like it can!

This mascara does almost nothing for me besides seperate and slightly define my lashes. Compared to lash paradise and lash sensational, this mascara is quite basic. You could get much longer, darker, and more voluminous lashes at the drugstore with different products. I don’t understand the hype.

The best, cheap mascara you can buy. It makes lashes fuller, thicker and does not clump. It does however get gross quickly, so you have to replace it often even if you don't run out.