COVERGIRL Lash Blast

COVERGIRL Lash Blast

3.7

Waterproof: Petroleum Distillates, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Tall Oil Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Talc. Non-Waterproof: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 8/22/2018 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The things I really like about this is that it stays well (I use this i.e. when I exercise - it doesn't flake or run), the brush separates my lashes well, it curls well, and this has to get pretty old to begin to clump (at least IME). What I don't like about this: it doesn't really give volume - it creates a pretty natural look, on my sparse lashes. I don't know how the people in the pictures above got so much volume, but I'm not about to apply 4 layers of mascara to get to that point. The way I like to use this mascara is: apply some on my top and bottom lashes, and then go in with one layer of a more wet formula on the top lashes to create more volume. What I really like is that if I applied the wet formula onto my bare lashes, they would instantly uncurl. However, the Lash Blast is really good at holding a curl, so I can create more volume without getting droopy lashes.

This is a mascara I use every day and have repurchased 4 times in the past year, so yes: I really, really like it. However, I deduct a star because I can't get away with only using this if I want my lashes to have good volume. I recommend it 100% if you have good lashes, want a ore natural look, or are fine with using this the way I do though :)

I use mascara for everyday makeup and I prefer formulas which lengthen lashes and do not flake. This mascara does the job decently. I put it on my 5 am and take it off at 6pm. Live in a tropical country though my office has air conditioning but my eyelids also tend to be oily. No smudging with this one. I also notice better effect when applied twice.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

After a not-so-great experience with the Maybelline mascara I thought I would give this a shot. Definitely a vast improvement! No clumping, adds length and volume whilst still looking natural. I don't use this as much as I used to (since finding a very good lash growth serum with permanent results) but on those days - or rather nights out when I want even more definition, this is my go-to mascara. Easily available and affordable too.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled hundreds of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 6/22/2018 1:58:00 AM

This is my second favorite mascara (L’Oreal Voluminous is my HG); it’s never clumpy, gives me good volume, and it wears well even in the gym. It isn’t the best for adding length, but overall it’s a winner.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I use this mascara two different ways. But first, you should know that my eyelashes are pretty long looking without mascara on. They are just very light in color.
Use #1: When I want to go for a very natural look, I put on one coat of this mascara. People have told me that they didn't think I was wearing mascara but my eyelashes looked incredibly long. It can look very natural.
Use #2: When I am going for a more dramatic look, I use two mascaras. I apply a coat of this one first to lengthen and separate my lashes. Then I apply a different mascara to really darken them and make them look more voluminous.
I really do love this product. I use it everyday. But despite the name and "volumizing" description, this mascara lengthens and separates my lashes more than making them more voluminous. I'm sure if you layered many coats of it, it could build more volume. I, however, just use one, and I am happy with the result. It usually doesn't clump at all but can get kind of flake by the end of the day. But for the price, I absolutely adore this mascara and haven't found anything that can lengthen and separate like it can!

This mascara does almost nothing for me besides seperate and slightly define my lashes. Compared to lash paradise and lash sensational, this mascara is quite basic. You could get much longer, darker, and more voluminous lashes at the drugstore with different products. I don’t understand the hype.

The best, cheap mascara you can buy. It makes lashes fuller, thicker and does not clump. It does however get gross quickly, so you have to replace it often even if you don't run out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

ugh. this mascara was recommended to me by a friend. terrible. too wet at first and bc the wand is so big mascara everywhere. once it dried it flaked. literally felt like my lashes were going to fall off they felt so dry.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

To me, Lash Blast is the worlds okayest mascara. It doesn't smudge or flake too much, it is affordable and easy to find, and it gives some volume. There's nothing really very exciting about it, save for the bright orange packaging. The silicone brush does help prevent clumps, but the formula is a little too thick, which I think cuts down on the amount of volume that it gives. Overall, it is a good standard mascara, but it doesn't do anything phenomenal, and it definitely does not live up to the hype that surrounded it when it first launched.

on 4/19/2017 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Update: I thought I'd try it again before throwing it out as another reviewer below stated it thickens pretty quickly after opening. Wow, it's like a different mascara. The very wet formula (the subject of my negative review below) has become creamier and the short bristled brush now gives more control in combing out. End result is similar to benefit they're real mascara on my short straight Asian lashes. I still have to curl before and after, but after wiping off excess as per usual, I can quickly apply multiple coats now. Note: I am comparing this to benefit formulations because they are similar volume mascaras (not natural ones, like Maybelline full n soft or lengthening ones like Tarte or L'Oréal telescope).

------
Original 2 star review:
Not for those with short, stubby, sparse lashes. The top reviews below seem to be from people who already have long curly lashes. This is a wet formulation mascara with a short bristled nylon brush that requires some effort to get it to comb through your lashes cleanly. If you don't wait for it to dry between coats it will smear and get all over your eyelids and elsewhere. If you DO wait, it clumps and the short bristles are insufficient (even when wiped of excess) to comb out. It also tends to lose curl, but my straight Asian lashes need to be curled before and after mascara application. The applicator makes it hard for me to get the inner lashes done, and forget applying this if you are in a hurry. It is easy to remove with my Bliss eye lid and lash makeup remover, but so is any other mascara. If you have a ton of time; are very skilled at wet mascara application (the few times it looked good, I assumed I was just lucky); and, have long curly lashes, then I think it's theoretically possible to achieve very nice results with this. I can also imagine that if your lashes are naturally long and thick (the majority of positive reviews here), the brush issues could sort themselves out by a simple combing through action over a longer lash area. It's just a bit too fiddly for me. I prefer another wet formulation high impact mascara --benefit they're real mascara because the benefit brush seems to give better results with less effort. I also use benefit tinted primer as mascara on days when I want even less hassle.