Cover Girl Lash Blast

Cover Girl Lash Blast

3.7

Waterproof: Petroleum Distillates, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Tall Oil Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Talc. Non-Waterproof: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 4/19/2017 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Update: I thought I'd try it again before throwing it out as another reviewer below stated it thickens pretty quickly after opening. Wow, it's like a different mascara. The very wet formula (the subject of my negative review below) has become creamier and the short bristled brush now gives more control in combing out. End result is similar to benefit they're real mascara on my short straight Asian lashes. I still have to curl before and after, but after wiping off excess as per usual, I can quickly apply multiple coats now. Note: I am comparing this to benefit formulations because they are similar volume mascaras (not natural ones, like Maybelline full n soft or lengthening ones like Tarte or L'Oréal telescope).

------
Original 2 star review:
Not for those with short, stubby, sparse lashes. The top reviews below seem to be from people who already have long curly lashes. This is a wet formulation mascara with a short bristled nylon brush that requires some effort to get it to comb through your lashes cleanly. If you don't wait for it to dry between coats it will smear and get all over your eyelids and elsewhere. If you DO wait, it clumps and the short bristles are insufficient (even when wiped of excess) to comb out. It also tends to lose curl, but my straight Asian lashes need to be curled before and after mascara application. The applicator makes it hard for me to get the inner lashes done, and forget applying this if you are in a hurry. It is easy to remove with my Bliss eye lid and lash makeup remover, but so is any other mascara. If you have a ton of time; are very skilled at wet mascara application (the few times it looked good, I assumed I was just lucky); and, have long curly lashes, then I think it's theoretically possible to achieve very nice results with this. I can also imagine that if your lashes are naturally long and thick (the majority of positive reviews here), the brush issues could sort themselves out by a simple combing through action over a longer lash area. It's just a bit too fiddly for me. I prefer another wet formulation high impact mascara --benefit they're real mascara because the benefit brush seems to give better results with less effort. I also use benefit tinted primer as mascara on days when I want even less hassle.

on 4/19/2017 2:50:00 PM

Good mascara for those no makeup look days. I love the brush and it does give me some volume and length but nothing dramatic. Not an everyday mascara for me.

on 2/8/2017 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I really liked this at first, but it flakes and smudges on me if I try and touch it while it's drying (which I need to do to comb out icky bits). It makes my eyelashes look like tubes in a strange way, and while I do like this kind of wand, it didn't do much for me with this formula. I'm big about packaging and I hated this ugly orange monstrosity. I bought loreal voluminous carbon black the other day which is 4 dollars cheaper and it outperforms this thing.

When I first used this, I didn't like it much, but I've learned how to use it right and it is absolutely my FAVE MASCARA EVER. Holds curl ALL DAY. stayed waterproof when I was bawling my eyes out, lifts my lashes up, gives some length, but don't expect a lot lot of length. My lashes are already dark and normal length, this opened up my lashes and make my eyes look bigger and brighter. Definetly an everyday mascara. huge wand, you just have to learn to use it. I've bought 3 tubes of this and I RARELY buy the same of ANY makeup product. Love this stuff to death, if it's ever endangered of DC, i will probably buy 70 tubes of it:) never smudges, never flakes, never nothing:) but volumizing and darkening my lashes:)

HG HG HG!:)

This isn't a bad mascara - it just isn't great. The wand is very bulky and that does make application tricky especially for anyone with hooded lids. It takes two coats to bring any drama to your eyes, but that's okay as the second coat does go on nicely. It doesn't transfer, smudge or flake off.

on 1/27/2017 5:11:00 PM

Hate this mascara.

The tube is so chunky and awkward, and a really ugly colour. I find that the brush is soon huge I am always making a mess around my eye area.

The mascara itself did nothing for me. It literally weighed my lashes down and they looked like clumpy spiders with barely any of the product on.

Will never purchase this again, spend a few more dollars and get the sephora outrageous volume mascara you won't regret it.

on 1/1/2017 2:14:00 PM

this is my fave mascara. inexpensive, lasts forever, doesn't clump. I have thick lashes, so I just need something that stays. I buy waterproof and it doesnt budge.

on 1/1/2017 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I like the brush.This is a pretty good mascara!😊

on 12/4/2016 2:39:00 AM

Good mascara, works well for everyday use. I got the waterproof one and it stays on almost too well, so it's a massive pain to remove at night. It's not super lengthening or volumising in any way, you can only expect this to give you a nice clean coat of product and hold a curl - nothing more. The tube is really annoying because it's so big, therefore the handle on the wand is an awkward shape and it also takes up a lot of space in my make up bag.

on 12/1/2016 11:30:00 AM

I have used this over the course of 9 years. (this came out in 2007) and I always end up throwing it away in the trash.

The mascara is too bulky and the mascara does nothing for my eyelashes.