COVERGIRL Lash Blast

COVERGIRL Lash Blast

3.7

Waterproof: Petroleum Distillates, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Tall Oil Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Talc. Non-Waterproof: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 6/22/2018 1:58:00 AM

This is my second favorite mascara (L’Oreal Voluminous is my HG); it’s never clumpy, gives me good volume, and it wears well even in the gym. It isn’t the best for adding length, but overall it’s a winner.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I use this mascara two different ways. But first, you should know that my eyelashes are pretty long looking without mascara on. They are just very light in color.
Use #1: When I want to go for a very natural look, I put on one coat of this mascara. People have told me that they didn't think I was wearing mascara but my eyelashes looked incredibly long. It can look very natural.
Use #2: When I am going for a more dramatic look, I use two mascaras. I apply a coat of this one first to lengthen and separate my lashes. Then I apply a different mascara to really darken them and make them look more voluminous.
I really do love this product. I use it everyday. But despite the name and "volumizing" description, this mascara lengthens and separates my lashes more than making them more voluminous. I'm sure if you layered many coats of it, it could build more volume. I, however, just use one, and I am happy with the result. It usually doesn't clump at all but can get kind of flake by the end of the day. But for the price, I absolutely adore this mascara and haven't found anything that can lengthen and separate like it can!

This mascara does almost nothing for me besides seperate and slightly define my lashes. Compared to lash paradise and lash sensational, this mascara is quite basic. You could get much longer, darker, and more voluminous lashes at the drugstore with different products. I don’t understand the hype.

The best, cheap mascara you can buy. It makes lashes fuller, thicker and does not clump. It does however get gross quickly, so you have to replace it often even if you don't run out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

ugh. this mascara was recommended to me by a friend. terrible. too wet at first and bc the wand is so big mascara everywhere. once it dried it flaked. literally felt like my lashes were going to fall off they felt so dry.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

To me, Lash Blast is the worlds okayest mascara. It doesn't smudge or flake too much, it is affordable and easy to find, and it gives some volume. There's nothing really very exciting about it, save for the bright orange packaging. The silicone brush does help prevent clumps, but the formula is a little too thick, which I think cuts down on the amount of volume that it gives. Overall, it is a good standard mascara, but it doesn't do anything phenomenal, and it definitely does not live up to the hype that surrounded it when it first launched.

on 4/19/2017 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Update: I thought I'd try it again before throwing it out as another reviewer below stated it thickens pretty quickly after opening. Wow, it's like a different mascara. The very wet formula (the subject of my negative review below) has become creamier and the short bristled brush now gives more control in combing out. End result is similar to benefit they're real mascara on my short straight Asian lashes. I still have to curl before and after, but after wiping off excess as per usual, I can quickly apply multiple coats now. Note: I am comparing this to benefit formulations because they are similar volume mascaras (not natural ones, like Maybelline full n soft or lengthening ones like Tarte or L'Oréal telescope).

------
Original 2 star review:
Not for those with short, stubby, sparse lashes. The top reviews below seem to be from people who already have long curly lashes. This is a wet formulation mascara with a short bristled nylon brush that requires some effort to get it to comb through your lashes cleanly. If you don't wait for it to dry between coats it will smear and get all over your eyelids and elsewhere. If you DO wait, it clumps and the short bristles are insufficient (even when wiped of excess) to comb out. It also tends to lose curl, but my straight Asian lashes need to be curled before and after mascara application. The applicator makes it hard for me to get the inner lashes done, and forget applying this if you are in a hurry. It is easy to remove with my Bliss eye lid and lash makeup remover, but so is any other mascara. If you have a ton of time; are very skilled at wet mascara application (the few times it looked good, I assumed I was just lucky); and, have long curly lashes, then I think it's theoretically possible to achieve very nice results with this. I can also imagine that if your lashes are naturally long and thick (the majority of positive reviews here), the brush issues could sort themselves out by a simple combing through action over a longer lash area. It's just a bit too fiddly for me. I prefer another wet formulation high impact mascara --benefit they're real mascara because the benefit brush seems to give better results with less effort. I also use benefit tinted primer as mascara on days when I want even less hassle.

on 4/19/2017 2:50:00 PM

Good mascara for those no makeup look days. I love the brush and it does give me some volume and length but nothing dramatic. Not an everyday mascara for me.

When I first used this, I didn't like it much, but I've learned how to use it right and it is absolutely my FAVE MASCARA EVER. Holds curl ALL DAY. stayed waterproof when I was bawling my eyes out, lifts my lashes up, gives some length, but don't expect a lot lot of length. My lashes are already dark and normal length, this opened up my lashes and make my eyes look bigger and brighter. Definetly an everyday mascara. huge wand, you just have to learn to use it. I've bought 3 tubes of this and I RARELY buy the same of ANY makeup product. Love this stuff to death, if it's ever endangered of DC, i will probably buy 70 tubes of it:) never smudges, never flakes, never nothing:) but volumizing and darkening my lashes:)

HG HG HG!:)

on 2/8/2017 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I really liked this at first, but it flakes and smudges on me if I try and touch it while it's drying (which I need to do to comb out icky bits). It makes my eyelashes look like tubes in a strange way, and while I do like this kind of wand, it didn't do much for me with this formula. I'm big about packaging and I hated this ugly orange monstrosity. I bought loreal voluminous carbon black the other day which is 4 dollars cheaper and it outperforms this thing.