Orly Nail Polish in French Manicure

3.9

on 1/2/2016 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have used Orly sheers for years. Recently, I have been using Essie High Maintenance as my go-to sheer pink. Was in a hurry today and decided to use the Orly. Bad choice! This takes forever to dry and I have two nails that have a black fleck (maybe from threads in bottle top?). I had forgotten why I don't use this any more -- the tediously slow dry time and there are always little black flecks in the lighter shades I have tried.

on 6/14/2015 10:59:00 AM

Perhaps mine was a bad batch, but the polish was extremely streaky and felt like super bad quality!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have white tips and pink nude. A great combination for french manicure. Pretty and lovely colors. I use two coats and a top coat. The bottles are big and will last a long time. I won't repurchase because I want to try other colors. Good pigments and nice formula.

on 10/1/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just picked this up at Sally's and boy do I wish I had of sooner. This little kit is fantastic. I do at home french manicures all the time, and always used other brand name polishes that chipped after one or two days, and never seemed to hold a shine. This kit does it all, and lasts! The base/top coat dries super fast, and leaves a lovely shine that lasts for days! and the white stripes are amazing. Best I've ever used actually. Wish it came with more - I was only able to do my nails twice, before having to go to sallys and purchase more. Minor complaint. I had no chips after 7 days! Now that is amazing, considering the ware and tare I put my nails through on a daily basis. Definitely give this kit a try! You won't be disappointed.

on 2/8/2013 10:32:00 AM

The best french manicure colour there is out there, IMHO :) I love Bare Rose with White Tips or Pointe Blache. The bare rose gives the nail and healthy rosy look . Bare Rose is my favourite colour for French Manicure

on 7/16/2010 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have this in "déjà vu", picked it up at Sally's for about $5. It's just great! Pale creamy pink. Good coverage, but sheer enough that you can still see the natural tips of my nails. I don't even bother doing white tips, just using this polish gives a great effect. Makes my nails look beautiful, clean, and healthy. I use this over Orly Bonder with Seche Vite on top. ZERO chips for 5 days and counting, and I'm the kind of person who will start to pick at my polish after a few days. With this stuff, I can't even if I tried! It won't budge. Good for the polish and good for my nails! Also loving the cap design.

on 4/27/2010 4:26:00 PM

Hello where have you been all my life. I feel like I am always on a quest for nude nailpolishes and end up with tons of bottles that are streaky, too glittery, horrible brush, etc etc. Never used an orly polish before but bought this today at CVS...and immediately went back to by the base coat and another shade. I have this in Sweet Blush which is a pink french mani shade. Looked good after 2 coats but the 3rd made it perfect. Dried fast, even application, love the rubberized top. I'll only be buying this brand from now on. For the price, the quality can't be beat.

on 4/10/2010 5:51:00 PM

Though my toes are always an impeccable cherry red, I NEVER bother painting my nails. Every brand i've tried chips, and I just can't seem to get the hang of a good clean application. And as a college student, I don't have the $$ to get manicures on a regular basis. On a CVS whim, I got this since it looked pretty "idiot-proof". I got this in "bare rose" and I am blown away. This makes my nails rosy, natural, and polished with an out of this world shine. It's so sheer that it lets my natural white tips show through so I look like a have naturally french tipped nails. The staying power is also terrific. This is the first polish that hasn't chipped on the second day! I think I am now a Orly lover.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I also have this in Angel Face color. Really lovely pastel pink, not too warm, not too cool. But my main problem here is when I apply it, it doesn't matter if it's one, two or three coats, it streaks! You can see visible streaks even if I shake the bottle before application. Other than that, I can't say anything about the color. It's slightly more opaque than Sally Hansen's French Manicure shades, but not as opaque as their usual nail lacquers.

on 9/21/2008 3:13:00 PM

I got this in Pink Nude. Like the color very stylish and neat, received quate a few complements on it. Hate that it doesn't stay on my nails and starts chipping after couple of days. Will not buy again

Popular Polishes