Olay Refreshing Toner

Olay Refreshing Toner (Ingredients)Refreshing Toner

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

Water, SD Alcohol 40, Witch Hazel Distillate, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Gel, Allantoin, Menthyl Lactate, Sorbitol, Sodium Lactate, Proline, Sodium PCA, Hydrolyzed Collagen, FD&C Blue 1, FD&C Yellow 5

on 3/31/2014 7:57:00 AM

This is one of the worst toners I've come across.It's full of alcohol ,witch hazel(which is 15% alcohol) colouring and an overpowering fragrance.And menthyl lactate,it just gets worse.I don't know where people are getting the idea this is alcohol free! It's not,it's 2nd on the iingredients list. I only bought it because my usual was out of stock. This stuff is appalling. Even if you can't see or feel the damage this is doing it's happening under the skin's surface. Just because you don't have a reaction doesn't make it ok. This formulation is lethal.I used it once then tossed it,that was enough.Teach me to check ingredients first but I was in a hurry that day.It's toners like this that give toners a bad name.Steer clear would be my advice.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have normal but very dehydrated skin. This made my skin sting so badly & it went so dry it was painful & flaking off! And it's supposed to be alcohol free?!?! Felt like paint stripper on my skin! Would not purchase if you have dehydrated, dry or sensitive skin!

This product works wonders for my skin. Love it!!
I give a complete five star rating because of the fact that I struggled with acne for many years. Since I have been using this product My acne completely went away! =D
I am assuming it is due to the fact that it tightens up my pores and balances my skins PH level ?
Very impressed.
I will definitely continue purchasing this product, and will recommend to others.
Thanks Olay!!

on 11/20/2013 12:40:00 PM

This review is for Olay Gentle Cleansers Refreshing Toner! (There seems to be a lot of confusion here about what product is being reviewed, especially since Olay likes to change their products up a lot and name them horribly confusing things, like "Cleanser Toner.")

But the Olay Gentle Cleansers Refreshing Toner is blue-colored, held in an hourglass-shaped plastic white bottle, with a blue top. It is alcohol-free (so the ingredients listed above are wrong, at least right now). And it contains a lot of great stuff, like aloe and cucumis sativus (cucumber).

Cons:
I have no idea why Olay felt they had to make this product bright blue. It's weird. It also has a strong, clean fragrance. It's not necessary, but it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, so I don't worry about it.

Pros:
I love how gentle this is on my skin. I use it every morning to refresh my face before I moisturize, and it nicely cleans my face of any dirty or excess oil without drying it out or making it red. I also love that it's alcohol free, which can be really hard to find in toners sold in Europe. Lastly, it's easily available and cheap, though one bottle doesn't last forever if you use it often (about 2 months for me).

Overall, I love the value of this product and will continue to use it everyday!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Olay Essentials Refreshing Toner is great! Believe it or not, my grandmother introduced this product to me since it is no secret I have acne-prone, yet sensitive skin that can't be washed two or three times a day like some skincare products suggest; I don't wash my face at the end of the day. Instead, I cleanse my skin with this to get the dirt, oil, sweat, & pollution from the day off. I'm always shocked by what I see at the end of the day! I dump this four or five times onto a cotton round & simply swipe it across my entire face & neck to get all the impurities out of my skin. I'll keep using this for the reason that it's gentle & doesn't give me any problems. The product description says this is for mild everyday cleansing. The formula is alcohol-free. This contains extracts of cucumber & aloe vera, which lifts away remaining traces of dirt & makeup, revitalizing skin appearance without over drying.

Another plus: it's not expensive at all; it costs less than $5. I'm not sure if it matters to others, but I like the fact that the bottle/packaging is clear because I can actually see the product. My only complaint is its fragrance. I'm not too big a fan of it since I think it can be overbearing. It dries of course & doesn't stay smelling strong. I recommend this astringent if for oily, very oily, or acne-prone skin. It's for all skin types & it truly does do a lot more than just using a rinse-off cleanser! If you apply this to your skin with a cotton ball/cotton round, even after you wash your face, you will see dirt & other impurities that left behind. I recommend this product & suggest it be a part of everyone's night skincare routine.

on 12/11/2012 10:59:00 PM

most toners dried my skin out, or made it blister because of some of the chemicals. when i first started using this product within the first week i saw a difference. It made my skin feel fresh, my acne actually cleared up and I've now been using this for 3 months, and I've maybe had 2 zits on my face. Extraordinary. It has a light scent, i like the bottle, you just dab some onto a cotton ball pad it all over your face, let it dry, and follow with a daily moisturizer your good to go. I've been using the Olay total effects moisturizer right after, and by god i have never seen my skin feel or look this great since i was like like 12 years old. which is almost 12 years ago. i will buy this again and again. Only thing is finding a good place to buy it. Some places like target and shoppers it ranges from $4.00 - $8.00 a bottle. Pretty cheap.

on 7/1/2012 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this toner, because it's perfect for my sensitive combination skin. Some parts of my face are oily and some are horribly dry. This toner keeps them all balanced. It's not drying, just keeps the skin fresh. The smell is wonderful. And the best thing is, it doesn't break me out. I tend to get tiny blisters under my nose after all kinds of toners or moisturizers. This toner leaves my skin fresh and clean without blemishes or blisters.

on 5/24/2012 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Unbelievably strong fragrance. Perfect, if you want to smell like carpet cleaner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great toner! It has helped my acne clear up and I use it in conjunction with the Cetaphil moistrizer. Not to mention its cheap too at Target. This is defnitley worth a try. I will repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Olay Oil Minimizing Toner, formerly known as Olay Refreshing Toner, is a toner meant to "remover dirt, oil, and makeup without stripping skin's essential moisture". This toner is dermatologist tested and is made of fairly simple ingredients. Unfortunately, Olay does test on animals, so keep that in mind before purchasing their products. I can't find any info about where this product was made on the bottle, it just says "imported". I purchased this 7.20fl oz (212ml) bottle at Rite Aid for $4. This is a product I've been using for several years, so I think I can give a solid review on it
Packaging for Olay's toner is actually pretty appealing. A tall, rounded rectangular bottle made of clear plastic, with a beige screw on cap. The label features the Olay girl and a wave of water. Looks pretty. The front and back label offer a good amount of product information.
The toner it's self is an aqua colored solution with the same viscosity as water. As I said in the introductory paragraph, the ingredients are pretty simple. Really it's just a mix of water, alcohol, witch hazel, and aloe. You could probably make this at home for cheaps, if you're a DIY kind of girl.
Despite the second ingredient being alcohol, this toner doesn't dry out my normal to slightly oily skin at all, and I use it twice a day. Perhaps the aloe cancels out the drying affects of the alcohol. Applied to the skin on a cotton ball/round, this toner has a cooling, slightly tingly, pleasant feel to it. This toner tightens pores slightly, but not enough for those with very large ones. Oil Controlling Toner does what it's name would indicate, it removes excess oil, as well as residue left from your cleanser, and any makeup that got left behind. I wouldn't depend on this as a makeup remover though.
I also like to use this toner on any pimples I get, as it helps to dry it, and helps with the infection. It really helps pimples clear up and heal quickly.
Olay Refreshing, and now Oil Controlling toner has been my go too toner since I was 11 or 12, so it's a product I've come to know and love. I strayed from it once, when I ran out in Australia and couldn't find it there, so I bought Clean&Clear's Oil Controlling Toner, which just couldn't compare. It was much more drying, and didn't have that refreshing, witch hazel scent that I've come to find comforting.
I think it's pretty obvious that I recommend Olay's Oil Controlling Toner. It's perfect for those with normal to moderately oily skin. Those with severely oily skin might want to look into the Clean&Clear one, those with dry skin will definitely want to use something without alcohol. This toner absorbs oil without drying skin out, minimizes pores to and extent, smells good, feels good, and looks good. I can't really ask for much more in a toner. This is a product I'll continually repurchase for quite a while.