4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

I apply this product once daily with a q-tip. I gave it 3/5 lippies because I don't like having to use a q-tip to get the product out. It's so hydrating, I put it on once in the morning (or overnight) and my lips are luscious the rest of the day.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlue

from

a year ago

Hate the unhygienic packaging, love the product. I use it as night lip mask, and pre-makeup balm. I sometimes alternate between this and the Bite Beauty agave lip mask, but prefer this because its unscented, unflavoured and less thick. It's not flashy but it works. I realized I needed to rub it a bit to make it pliable and then it went on to work wonders on my lips. I have dry lips that will crack and bleed in the winter, and this winter for the first time, they are in pretty great shape. I have a mini one for my purse for emergencies, but the big jar has lasted forever so for the price it has turned out to be worth it. I still really wish it came in stick form.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

EyesBlack

3.0

a year ago

Was not really impressed w/this product. Yes, it does what it says it will. It's been saving my lips at night thru this dry winter. But... so does Aquaphor at much less price. Aquaphor also feels better. The jar packaging I'm not a fan of, I had to keep sticking my dirty fingers in the jar and now the product is getting clumpy and weird.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBrown

3.0

a year ago

First off, despite some apparent changes with the company, I am a fan of Paula’s Choice, I trust them, and several of their products are my go-to, always-keep-a-backup items. But this lip balm was a let-down for me. In general, I like thick, waxy lip balms (because I’m dry-skinned and that goes for my lips as well) - the type of thick and waxy that you DO feel sitting on your lips. This fits that description, but it’s so solid that it’s kind of difficult to use. Rubbing this to get product out is like a mini workout for your hand, you really have to dig into it with a tool or a knuckle. It seems unscented though, which I like. I’m a bit surprised about the jar packaging, since Paula & co have been drumming into us for years and years that jars are bad. I’m assuming it doesn’t contain anything that would be damaged by air exposure (?) but I still probably would have preferred stick form, if possible. Also, on the topic of packaging: don’t be like me, trying for ages to remove that aluminium cover under the lid by trying to peel it off from the edge of the jar. Haha. Just poke/cut a hole in it and peel it off from the middle. Overall, if I manage to get product out and apply it onto my lips, this IS better, a little more long-lasting than most average lip balms I’ve tried - Burt’s Bees or Blistex or Carmex I guess being the popular ones. In my opinion, though, this is not THAT much better that it justifies the price, at all. Maybe it’s tacky to plug another product in a review, but I think you get all the benefits of this lip balm (and more) with the Reve de Miel lip balm from Nuxe, if the waxy, thick type of balm is what you want. That’s my favorite, it provides long-lasting protection, but it’s not as hard as the PC balm.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGray

1.0

a year ago

According to Paula's Choice, you should ditch cosmetic products that come in a jar (see the photo). I was confused getting this newsletter from them after trying out this lip balm. After using this product for a few weeks, it wasn't any better than a cheap drugstore brand. I was expecting so much more for a product that's more expensive. According to Paula's Choice newsletter, issues of hygiene and ingredients exposed to light and air are found in a jar bottle and yet they sell it in this form. I think it's important to be consistent with what you say and what you do as a company.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

a year ago

I have been using this for a few months now. I only use it at night before bed as my overnight lip balm because of the jar packaging. That is where they went wrong with it! I dislike putting my fingers in the jar. Otherwise, i do love the texture and feeling on my lips. It keeps my lips feeling great and super kissable. LOL :P I dislike oily thin lip balms, and this is a nice smooth, somewhat thick texture that keeps my lips moisturized. I did not notice any scent, fragrance, or weird taste in my mouth while using this. The size of an average twist up tube of lip balm is .15oz & this is .5 oz so that is the only way i can justify the $15 price tag on this. you can usually get 15-20% off of that price.

About reviewer (98 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

1.0
from

2 years ago

Another fail from Paula's Choice line of products. They sent out a newsletter shaming other brands that use jar for their products. Well, Paula's Choice Lip and Body Treatment now belongs to that same category. They didn't abide with their own standards of not using a jar. They could have formulated this differently but I guess they wanted to please certain crowds that wanted this type of packaging. Contamination is eminent from using a packaging like this. Obviously, the bias continues with the 5-star expert rating on Beautypedia for this product. The product is nothing special. It works the same as other balm. Where is the Truth in Beauty when you slam other products and then do the same thing? Action speaks louder than words.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

I use it every night. If I don’t, my lips start peeling within days. It’s not my favorite lip balm; that honor belongs to Nuxe. But this one is very effective and like Nuxe, it lasts on my lips all night. just doesn’t smell quite as nice.

About reviewer (166 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I live in a hot climate that uses A/C almost year round, so my lips are always cracked and peeling. This is the best lip balm I’ve used besides straight up shea butter. The texture is like a creamier vaseline- sort of like Dr. Jart’s oil balm. It coats your lips but it’s not goopy or drippy. I don’t find it to have a smell or a taste. I applied to my peeling lips without using a lip scrub and was surprised at how much it softened my peeling lips. Lots of lip balms have agents in them that actually dry out your lips in the long run- so even though this one is an unhygienic jar package and costs a lot for a lip balm, I’ll probably repurchase. It actually works which is all I could ask for.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Dark

HairBrunette

EyesBlack

2 years ago

This is an awesome basic balm. I mostly use it on my lips but I have tried it on my heels, elbows, and cuticles. I like the texture, a thick balm. It's not slippy at all. When I put it on my lips at night I still feel it in the morning. Its very moisturizing and my lips always feel nice and hydrated in the morning. You get a ton in the pot so it lasts forever. I'm using up my past HG, My Favorite Night Balm from Bath and Body Works, and I think in the future I'll be using this instead. This is more moisturizing and healing on the lips. I don't love that it's in a pot, however, it's a nice wide pot so it's easy get your finger into it. I would prefer a squeeze tube but I'll deal because I really like it.

About reviewer (541 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral