Paula's Choice Lip & Body Treatment Balm

Paula's Choice Lip & Body Treatment Balm
Enter TitleMy HG lip balm

4.4

Not tested on animals

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Petrolatum (emollients), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (thickener), Lanolin, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters (emollients), Beeswax, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (thickeners), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Jojoba Esters, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil (plant emollients/oils), Bisabolol (soothing agent), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Trihydroxystearin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene (thickeners).

on 8/12/2018 4:42:00 PM

Another fail from Paula's Choice line of products.

They sent out a newsletter shaming other brands that use jar for their products. Well, Paula's Choice Lip and Body Treatment now belongs to that same category.

They didn't abide with their own standards of not using a jar. They could have formulated this differently but I guess they wanted to please certain crowds that wanted this type of packaging.

Contamination is eminent from using a packaging like this. Obviously, the bias continues with the 5-star expert rating on Beautypedia for this product.

The product is nothing special. It works the same as other balm.

Where is the Truth in Beauty when you slam other products and then do the same thing? Action speaks louder than words.

on 8/7/2018 5:21:00 AM

I use it every night. If I don’t, my lips start peeling within days. It’s not my favorite lip balm; that honor belongs to Nuxe. But this one is very effective and like Nuxe, it lasts on my lips all night. just doesn’t smell quite as nice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I live in a hot climate that uses A/C almost year round, so my lips are always cracked and peeling. This is the best lip balm I’ve used besides straight up shea butter.

The texture is like a creamier vaseline- sort of like Dr. Jart’s oil balm. It coats your lips but it’s not goopy or drippy. I don’t find it to have a smell or a taste. I applied to my peeling lips without using a lip scrub and was surprised at how much it softened my peeling lips.

Lots of lip balms have agents in them that actually dry out your lips in the long run- so even though this one is an unhygienic jar package and costs a lot for a lip balm, I’ll probably repurchase. It actually works which is all I could ask for.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is an awesome basic balm. I mostly use it on my lips but I have tried it on my heels, elbows, and cuticles. I like the texture, a thick balm. It's not slippy at all. When I put it on my lips at night I still feel it in the morning. Its very moisturizing and my lips always feel nice and hydrated in the morning. You get a ton in the pot so it lasts forever. I'm using up my past HG, My Favorite Night Balm from Bath and Body Works, and I think in the future I'll be using this instead. This is more moisturizing and healing on the lips. I don't love that it's in a pot, however, it's a nice wide pot so it's easy get your finger into it. I would prefer a squeeze tube but I'll deal because I really like it.

on 3/10/2018 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I use this on my lips at night. It has helped A LOT in making them look better. My lips are generally not smooth and peel often. Before using this I would split my frigging lips regularly. Since starting on this I haven't split my lips in months which is pretty great. They also look smoother. Before this I was using either Vaseline, Chapstick/BuRT bees or body lotion.

It feels very emollient, moisturizing, and balmy. I haven't noticed any fragrance or taste really. I'm not sure about the packaging. I think I would prefer a squeeze tube BUT it's easy to just scrape a bit with the back of the nail. It's just not the most sanitary thing in the world.

I don't understand the reviewers saying this smells or tastes strongly. I have it on RIGHT NOW. I have used ot for at least 3 months already. It smells to NOTHING. Fragrance free. Im trying to taste it wich is weird (I dont eat or lick my lip balm) and it hardly tastes to ANYTHING. if it tastes like something, it's super mild. The texture is balmy and emollient. But it IS a balm. It's like complaining that water feels wet. Well ITS WATER. Anyway, I guess they wanted something...matte and waxy perhaps? Or something that absorbed completely? This doesn't absorb, it coats the lips.

I will take a lippie off for Jar packaging, but thats it. Yes I would repurchase, and I would reccomend.

on 11/24/2017 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Maybe if you're really desperate for a good moisturizing lip balm and can bear a god-awful taste/aftertaste, then this product is for you. I'm not one of those people. There are soooo many good lip balms on the market and this one doesn't cut it.

Cons
-The "aftertaste" - if a lip balm can be said to have such a thing. But it does. I can taste it. It has no smell, however. The taste, that you can't help but taste, even if you don't lick your lips or anything, is awful - like plastic or oil. Maybe it's the castor oil. Imagine putting a tablespoon of castor oil in your mouth. That's kind of what I think having this on your lips is like.

Pros
-It does moisturize, but I simply cannot bear the taste. I got this on sale ($10) and so thankful that I did, because the only thing worse than buying something you don't like is paying full price for something you don't like. Because it's such a small purchase, I won't return it since the cost of returning wouldnt be much less than the actual product itself.

(You guys need to change this pic of old product version) I really love love this lip balm it restores my lips immediatly like no lip balm ever its amazing!

on 8/12/2016 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have never used anything as good as this at any cost. I use it at night and it is still doing its job in the morning. Works well under lip colour or gloss. Comes in a tin though I wish it came in a stick. My lips were recently dried out and badly chapped from peroxide in a whitening toothpaste. This cleared it up quickly.

on 6/21/2016 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is not a HG item for me, but I'm on my 3 or 4th container of this because it works better than anything else I've found for my chronically dry lips.
I hate the texture, taste and smell of this stuff. I hate having to dip my fingers into it to apply. I LOVE how it immediately starts to moisturize & plump out my lips.
Trust me, as soon as I can find another lip treatment that works better, I will stop buying this. I really can't stand using it--it's like smearing a nastier version of Vaseline on my lips. But I just can't find anything that works better...and I am trying, trust me. Every time I read a rave review for a lip balm or treatment, I run out and get it....but they don't work for me. I don't know what magical ingredient is in this nasty stuff but it works.

on 6/4/2016 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

This makes my lips look hydrated and healthy everyday.. all day! I use it every night and the next morning, my lips are still moist! Nothing bad to say about this product. I haven't had chapped lips since using this balm.

Top Rated Lip Treatments