Paula's Choice Lip & Body Treatment Balm

Paula's Choice Lip & Body Treatment Balm
Enter TitleMy HG lip balm

4.4

Not tested on animals

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Petrolatum (emollients), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (thickener), Lanolin, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters (emollients), Beeswax, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (thickeners), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Jojoba Esters, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil (plant emollients/oils), Bisabolol (soothing agent), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Trihydroxystearin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene (thickeners).

on 11/24/2017 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Maybe if you're really desperate for a good moisturizing lip balm and can bear a god-awful taste/aftertaste, then this product is for you. I'm not one of those people. There are soooo many good lip balms on the market and this one doesn't cut it.

Cons
-The "aftertaste" - if a lip balm can be said to have such a thing. But it does. I can taste it. It has no smell, however. The taste, that you can't help but taste, even if you don't lick your lips or anything, is awful - like plastic or oil. Maybe it's the castor oil. Imagine putting a tablespoon of castor oil in your mouth. That's kind of what I think having this on your lips is like.

Pros
-It does moisturize, but I simply cannot bear the taste. I got this on sale ($10) and so thankful that I did, because the only thing worse than buying something you don't like is paying full price for something you don't like. Because it's such a small purchase, I won't return it since the cost of returning wouldnt be much less than the actual product itself.

(You guys need to change this pic of old product version) I really love love this lip balm it restores my lips immediatly like no lip balm ever its amazing!

on 8/12/2016 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have never used anything as good as this at any cost. I use it at night and it is still doing its job in the morning. Works well under lip colour or gloss. Comes in a tin though I wish it came in a stick. My lips were recently dried out and badly chapped from peroxide in a whitening toothpaste. This cleared it up quickly.

on 6/21/2016 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is not a HG item for me, but I'm on my 3 or 4th container of this because it works better than anything else I've found for my chronically dry lips.
I hate the texture, taste and smell of this stuff. I hate having to dip my fingers into it to apply. I LOVE how it immediately starts to moisturize & plump out my lips.
Trust me, as soon as I can find another lip treatment that works better, I will stop buying this. I really can't stand using it--it's like smearing a nastier version of Vaseline on my lips. But I just can't find anything that works better...and I am trying, trust me. Every time I read a rave review for a lip balm or treatment, I run out and get it....but they don't work for me. I don't know what magical ingredient is in this nasty stuff but it works.

on 6/4/2016 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

******** Edited:
I just finished this product and will not repurchase. I prefer to buy a cheaper lip balm at the drugstore instead of online. It's more expensive for me to buy online. Still a very good product. I would recommend the Eucerin Intensive Lip Balm instead.
----

This makes my lips look hydrated and healthy everyday.. all day! I use it every night and the next morning, my lips are still moist! Nothing bad to say about this product. I haven't had chapped lips since using this balm.

on 4/13/2016 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

LOVE this stuff. I'm on accutane right now which means that my lips have completely lost their ability to hold moisture and MUST be covered by a balm or they basically shrivel up and burn. I was using aquaphor, which is non-irritating but it's so easy to accidentally smear it all over your hair, shirt collars, etc, and it comes off so easy. The Paula's Choice balm is more expensive but it's thicker and stays on well. I can actually go hours without reapplying, which is really saying something. Completely non-irritating. Kind of wish this came in a chapstick tube for easier application. Will definitely repurchase throughout my accutane course

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have had chronically chapped lips for my entire life. After using this product for a few days my lips have never looked so good. It's nice and thick so I always wear it at night and then use a lighter balm during the day.

This is my favorite lip balm treatment. It's not fancy, but it truly gets the job done. This is the only lip treatment that I don't have to reapply throughout the day. I put it on once at night and once in the morning. This also keeps things so soft that dead skin comes off a lot easier as well, making for smooth lipstick application. Fav...period.
Edit: Began to notice tiny pimples on my lip line. Deal Breaker...

on 6/20/2015 3:40:00 PM

I have chronic sinusitis, which means chapped lips, all the time. This was recommended by one of my YT beauty gurus, so I thought I'd give it a try. It is nice and soothing and moisturizing, though when I put it on before bed, it does not stay on all night (nothing does). I know PC is vigilant about their products being fragrance free, and I respect that, but I wish this had a vanilla scent or something. I also don't love dipping my fingers into the pot. But I still highly recommend this. I also use it on my cuticles and even on my elbows and feet.

This is the best lip balm I've ever used and when I discovered this lip balm I needed it: my lips were dry and cracked to the point that they bled. Stop looking elsewhere, accept that it is housed in a screw top tub that you may find slightly inconvenient and embrace this fantastic product. It may be the very best thing Paula Begoun has formulated.