Paula's Choice Lip & Body Treatment Balm

Paula's Choice Lip & Body Treatment Balm
Enter TitleLip & Body Treatment BalmMy HG lip balm

4.5

Not tested on animals

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Petrolatum (emollients), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (thickener), Lanolin, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters (emollients), Beeswax, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (thickeners), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Jojoba Esters, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil (plant emollients/oils), Bisabolol (soothing agent), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Trihydroxystearin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene (thickeners).

According to Paula's Choice, you should ditch cosmetic products that come in a jar (see the photo).

I was confused getting this newsletter from them after trying out this lip balm.

After using this product for a few weeks, it wasn't any better than a cheap drugstore brand.

I was expecting so much more for a product that's more expensive.

According to Paula's Choice newsletter, issues of hygiene and ingredients exposed to light and air are found in a jar bottle and yet they sell it in this form.

I think it's important to be consistent with what you say and what you do as a company.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I live in a hot climate that uses A/C almost year round, so my lips are always cracked and peeling. This is the best lip balm I’ve used besides straight up shea butter.

The texture is like a creamier vaseline- sort of like Dr. Jart’s oil balm. It coats your lips but it’s not goopy or drippy. I don’t find it to have a smell or a taste. I applied to my peeling lips without using a lip scrub and was surprised at how much it softened my peeling lips.

Lots of lip balms have agents in them that actually dry out your lips in the long run- so even though this one is an unhygienic jar package and costs a lot for a lip balm, I’ll probably repurchase. It actually works which is all I could ask for.

(You guys need to change this pic of old product version) I really love love this lip balm it restores my lips immediatly like no lip balm ever its amazing!

on 4/27/2015 10:34:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is the best lip balm ever. It turned my dry, flakey lips smooth from the first use. Initially I found the price way too high, but you will save money from the amount of product you get and in not wasting money on useless lipbalms. I also use this on my feet sometimes, which works well. I will always repurchase.

on 11/3/2013 11:19:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I live in the middle of Canada. It is SO dry and SO cold in the winter. -50 isn't uncommon. There isn't anyone here that dosn't use balm 24/7. I have tried every brand. Blistex, carmex, fresh, eos, and what really worked for me as a night treatment was mixing castor oil and linsolin (lanolin) nipple cream. Yep you got it. Guess whats in this? Castor oil and lanolin. Plus beeswax which i'm sure is more for texture because burts bees don't do anything. Yeah there's lots of other ingredients but I know Castor oil and Lanolin are the superstars. Some girls are complaining thier used to be more product, but the amount i paid on those fresh lip balms from sephora, I could care less.

Only thing i don't like is the unsanitary jar. Make this is a stick Paula, its not like it won't hold up, it's hard enough. I wouldn't want the jar any bigger because its not even half empty and the junk is building up around the edges. But in the end, ill buy again because i don't have to mix that nipple cream and oil before i go to bed. And my lips have never looked this good. I've had a few boys ask me what i use on em ;)

on 3/15/2013 6:27:00 AM

Love this! A look at the ingredient list: castor oil, candelilla wax, lanolin, shea butter and jojoba - this is packed with the good stuff, and that's just to name a few!

I have the new packaging which comes with a plastic, metallic-blue lid. The plastic is nice and thick; I've dropped the tub a few times and it hasn't damaged it one bit. It's a decent size - larger than your Carmex or Burts Bees tins.

The balm is colourless and hard; you need to warm it up with your finger. The texture is nice and thick - think castor oil - and the staying power is great. I slather this on before bed and wake up with product still on my lips, which I like because that's telling me it's slow to absorb and thus providing a moisture barrier for my lips.

Also, the occlusive texture does not clog the pores around my mouth, a huge plus!
I can see this lasting me a long time which is perfect because this has become a staple in my daily/nightly routine.

EDIT 11th April 2014:
This is still my HG lip balm; nothing else performs like this little beauty. I still haven't finished my first tub! I also use this as a cuticle balm and it works fabulously. You simply must try this one... and thank me later! ;)

on 12/16/2009 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is literally my biggest HG, #1 desert-island product of all time. I will update this review later on to add more of my personal thoughts on this product when I have time, but in the meantime, I felt it was important to pass on some relevant information.

This is the EXACT SAME PRODUCT as Paula's Choice Lip Recovery Balm (see MUA reviews here). Not a "dupe," but exactly the same. As of the end of 2009, Paula's Choice has renamed and repackaged the Lip & Body Treatment Balm; the ingredients have not changed at all. So if you are a fan of the Lip & Body Treatment Balm, do not despair - you can still buy it - but it is now called the Lip Recovery Balm. Unfortunately, it's more expensive per ounce now, though the overall price is lower:

The old Lip & Body Treatment Balm was $10.95 for a 0.5 ounce tub ($21.90/ounce).
The new Lip Recovery Balm is $7.95 for a 0.19 ounce tub ($41.84/ounce).
For reference, a tube of ChapStick is $1.69 for a 0.15 ounce tube ($11.26/ounce).

With that said, the Paula's Choice balm is WORTH THE DIFFERENCE. I would be very mad at them if they ever actually decided to charge this much, but I'd pay $100/ounce or more if I had to. continued >>

on 12/30/2008 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm quite disappointed with this product after reading many of the rave reviews. The texture of the balm is dense, which made it difficult to apply it on my lips. The biggest problem is that it isn't moisturizing at all. I have tried many different lip treatments, and this I would probably consider as one of the least effective products.

on 12/26/2007 7:41:00 PM

WONDERFUL. This keeps my lips moisturized without being heavy or sticky, and it doesn't leave a nasty shine. Also, it doesn't slide off like normal vaseline would-- it actually stays put for hours just like other reviewers have said.

This also works great as a night-time eye moisturizer. Definitely will buy again!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this product. It works, yes, but it's so sticky and hard to smooth out. UPDATE: I started using it on my hands everytime after I wash my hands and they are already so much better after 3 days! Now I love it!