Lancôme CF palette 308 Sensual Raffinement

No Image

3.0

1 review

on 10/14/2007 5:16:00 PM

I can't believe I haven't made a review for this yet. I don't own many Lancome eyeshadows - I usually find them chalky or not pigmented enough.
But I once fell for a duo called Night & Day. Or rather, I fell for that beautiful shimmery gunmetal with an olive hue. I regretted I didn't pick it up then because I spent a lot of time to find that color later without any luck. And that color is the only reason I purchased this quad.
I really have no use for the 3 other colors, because they are too darn light and on the verge of being chalky. Anyway, the colors are: a creamy white, a light pistachio green, a pastella purple, and that gorgeous gunmetal which I love.
The light colors are satiny in the pan but not on my lids, and the dark is shimmery - or rather angelic imo. It's not glittery, just finely milled sparkles that opens up the eye and make them stand out. The quad can be used wet or dry, the lighter colors appear better when applied wet, but I prefer using them dry as highlighters with liquid winged eyeliner because they don't work for me wet.
The package is typical Lancome, black shiny quality plastic with logo rose in gold. The inside of the lid is a big mirror, and there are also the usual 2 applicators.
So, no - I wouldn't repurchase the quad. But I wouldn't hesitate to buy a back up of the dark one if I could find it as a single. That shade, and the packaging is the only reason it gets so many lippies.
Dark hair, medium cooltoned skin, bluegreen eyes for reference.
(Pic in profile)