Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Extreme

Flowerbomb Extreme

4.2

on 7/6/2013 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Alike many of the fragrances I have, this veered towards a deep, mysteriously playful floral candy scent. Im always a fan of any fragrances that offers the intense version. Smells in the likes of lancome magnetic beat, mugler alien, or any other candy dandies. It first sprays like an explosion of kaleidoscopic midnight flowers, then lasts well into late afternoon, when I can detect its floral bases. Wears this to the office everyday. Loves.

on 1/20/2013 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love the scent but it has no staying power what so ever :( I try to layer it with the lotions [that were GWP] and nope that doesn't even make it last. It is way too expensive for something that doesn't last but I still really like it so I would probably buy again.

on 1/10/2012 10:47:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Held my breath waiting to try this before I bought the bottle--so sure I'd love it. Bought first sample ($6 !!) What a waste! It's the sad lighter version of Flowerbomb. As noted below, very close to the skin, and lasts an hour or two. Just goes to show, try before you buy. Have a Flowerbomb min and that will do me for a while since I rotate my 'fumes.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I very much like, but do not love this perfume. It's a sugary sweet amber scent with an undertone of smooth sexy musk. The amber is the post prominent note. While I love amber, and honestly, the smell of this fragrance is delicious, it reminds me a lot of a sweeter version of my BBW Sensual Amber which I could get by layering Sens. Amber with a sweet vanilla perfume like VS Vanilla Lace. Also I was disappointed in the sillage and lasting power- I couldn't smell this on me unless I had my nose right up against my wrist and it faded to almost nothing within 3 or 4 hours. I'm glad I tried this legendary fragrance, but I won't be repurchasing.

Love love love!

on 7/27/2011 5:02:00 AM

I bought this perfume yesterday and as soon as I arrived home proceeded to open up the lovely box and spray a little onto my neck - The door bell rang and buzzed in the delivery man. I opened the door and the very first thing he said was "wow you smell amazing" I said oh thanks just trying out my new perfume, to which he repeated it smells incredible. Need I say more? I think not. Except for the fact that up until 2 yrs ago I loathed overtly sweet perfumes - flower bomb extreme being the sweetest, and I love it.
Feminine albeit strong with no masculine undertones. Good sillage. Simply a gorgeous scent.

on 7/28/2010 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have both the Flowerbomb EDP and Flowerbomb Extreme. Got the F. Extreme because the EDP didn't last as long as I would have liked on me so figured with "extreme" it'll be, well, extremely long lasting, extremely good sillage etc. What I found is that tthe Extreme is like the other reviews mentioned, creamier. It doesn't have that 'bite' or extra 'kick' that the EDP has. Even though in general, it smells about the same as the EDP, it is more mellow and I find myself spraying an en extra dose of the EDP on top of the Extreme, since the EDP is sharper, and I like my perfumes to be able to make me cough and sputter when I first put them on. Like my hubby always asked: 'must you fumigate the house with your perfumes?' Hehe.... :) On the brighter side, I live in the tropics and at least it'll kill those pesky mosquitoes right off!

on 4/7/2010 2:10:00 PM

Odd that an extreme version should be more boring than the EDT.

The EDT has an interesting clash between the tea note and the vanilla/patch base. The extreme is straight up creamy. It's nice enough but grossly overpriced for what it is.

However, worth trying if you ALMOST like flowerbomb, as the "offensive" notes seem to have been stripped out, leaving behind the cuddles.

WOW! :D I'M IN LOVE!!
Several years ago I bought the regular flowerbomb and I loved it but the Patchouli basenote irrated me after it was on my skin for half a day.( I personnaly do not like patchouli when you can actually smell it apart from the other ingredients); So I gave the bottle away....
I always hoped for a remake of flowerbomb with less patchouli or even without patchouli. I knew that there was a flowerbomb EXTREME, but I expected it to be stronger so even more patchouli-ish.
...Untill I read the below reviews of the extreme, and they are basically all about how creamy and more vanilla it smells. So I was very curious when I went to the Paris XL-store (Im from Belgium). The sales lady sprayed some on my wrist, and OH MY GOD, it is indeed my flowerbomb-dream of a remake that came true!!!
So if you are in doubt to buy the original or the extreme, my advice is:

If you like your sweet scents more spicy and with a lot of patchouli => go for the original.
If like it more creamy, more vanilla and you like to smell like a top-notch soft, warm vanilla rice dessert (like i do :D) => Extreme is the one for you!!!

Only downside, if you can call it a downside: I like the pink bottle much much more then the dark purple one, ah well... the amethyst color is perhaps more mysterious ;)

on 12/23/2009 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I actually like this one less than the regular Flowerbomb even though the saleslady kept saying how they are pretty close except that the Extreme is more expensive for whatever reason.

Yes, it's similar to Flowerbomb in that it has the same sort of floral gourmand smell - almondey and less floral than you would expect from the name. But it smelled less sparkly and more sweet and cloying to me, which isn't really my thing considering how strong of a perfume this is. I would say this is the mature version of Flowerbomb, which isn't to say that it smells like an old lady but just that it's for people who feel like they need to douse themselves in perfume as opposed to it being only noticeable if you lean in.

Plus, the bottle is less pretty in my opinion. It's basically a solid, glittery silver which makes it feel rough when you hold it and prevents you from seeing how much liquid is left inside. Considering how this costs CDN $30 more than the Flowerbomb, I'd stick with the original.

Popular Fragrances