Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

on 6/8/2011 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Not a regular eyeshadow wearer, but bought this to get a GWP and have been amazed by how much more vibrant it makes my Sleek shadows which had previously been a bit of a disappointment. Definitely a convert to using a base - for nights out anyway.

on 6/6/2011 11:54:00 AM

I am not really satisfied by this. It creases on my eyelids even before I put my eyeshadow on. The jar is pretty good as packaging and the colour is fine. My bare study paintpot, however, is a much better eyeshadow base than this one!

on 4/26/2011 7:00:00 PM

I really like this product. Very easy to go on, I use a sponge applicator. Holds up well after long days at work and nice color show. I have other primers, but can't let this one go!! Will definitely repurchase, this stuff lasts forever though! I've had mine over a month and can't see much usage in the jar!!

on 6/8/2009 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a curate's egg of a product, on my very dry crepy eyelids my skin looked like elephant's skin, but then it does anyway with anything drying on top. But where my skin is smooth, this worked beautifully, ie around the eye area. My shadow, was bright, fresh and in place 24 hours later. So I would recommend this to those with line free skin, you'll love it, apply it sparingly, with smooth on carefully with your fingertip, but for anyone with ageing skin I'd say try a sample first. This works and well but it does the skin no favours when it comes to showing off any imperfections.

I probably will buy it again, in the knowledge I can't use it on my dry looking lids.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I bought the eyeshow base because I have watery-allergy eyes, and my eyemakeup wouldn't stay on, and I'm a fan of the Double Wear line. This does the trick! And my eyeshadow is a little brighter. The trick is to use the Base sparingly and don't use powder over it. Just put your eyeshadow over it.