Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

2.3

on 2/3/2013 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I usually swear by the double wear line that Estee Lauder has available. The foundation, the foundation powder, the eye liner and lipsticks are all amazing but the cream eyeshadow's end especially the eyeshadow base are just lackluster products. I made sure to use a natural fiber brush to apply the base, but it became clumpy and hard to work with. Then I tried applying with my fingers, thinking the heat of my finger tips would make the base more workable.. not true. I understand that the idea is to create a long wear eyeshadow base but you can't even move this product around once it has made contact with your skin, it creates fine feathering type creases with matte eyeshadows. I would not recommend this product to others to use and I feel that for the sale price it's a huge waste of money.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This eye base is very light in color, so I am not sure how it would work for all skin tones. It is of a very concentrated cream consistency. Therefore, a little bit goes a long way. And, you have to really blend this product well on the lids or else it will make your eye shadow go on clumpy and then you'll have a hard time blending it out.

This eye primer does allow for any eye shadow that I apply over it to last all day, which is a good thing. But, I don't plan to buy anymore of this stuff in the future. I don't find anything overly impressive about this product at all!

on 9/25/2008 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I heard a lot of great things about this product but I was quickly dissapointed. It does glide on smoothly, help shadows blend, show true shadow colours, but it creases like a MOFO. This might be better for those who have dryer lids but I don't have oily lids at all but it has creases everytime I use it.

I will not buy this again.