Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

3.9

on 10/24/2012 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Great product! I have never used a base before but after the MA used this on me along with another cream shadow, I was hooked. Staying power was great, not creasing and it went on nicely...did not feel drying. I am still new to this so I will have an update after a few more uses but so far definite repurchase.

I classically have used UDPP and TFSI as my eyeshadow bases, however a friend of mine gave this to me for my birthday recently and I really like it! I like that it is in a pot, and it is really easy to scoop out with a Q tip. I then apply it simply with my fingers. The consistency is very soft feeling... I find TFSI is thinner and more oily, and haven't used UDPP recently enough to remember. It seems to work just as well at keeping eye makeup in place, and since I do enjoy the application and I think it is actually a bit cheaper (though correct me if I am wrong) I may continue to get this instead!

EDIT: I'm noticing the I have a lot more creasing with this after I have been wearing makeup all day. So sadly I have to take this down to 3 stars. It is a shame, because the texture when you put it on feels really nice.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

My favourite eyeshado primer hands down. It is just the right one for me. I can wear my makeup for work which is usually more than 12 hours and it looks fresh and perfect. Really good product.

on 10/29/2010 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Um, I'm sorry but THIS >>>>>>>>>> UDPP ..... it seems like everyone else's HG primer is UDPP but I find this to work WAAAAAY better!! And to think, this stuff has just sitting on my dresser unopened for almost a year now!!! I'm sorry I didn't crack it open EARLIER!!! 5 LIPPIES!!!

on 6/8/2010 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I absolutely love this stuff. It covers all the veins and such on my oily eyelids and stays put for over 24 hours. My eyeshadow stays on and doesn't budge at all. Usually my eyeshadow creases in a few hours due to oily lids. I usually use a roll on shadow from Sue Devitt and then regular shadows and liner and mascara. You get a lot in the jar and you don't need much to cover your lids, just besure to let it dry before applying eyeshadows on it. I have a tube of UDPP and can't stand that stuff nor its packaging. If you need a eyeshadow base I reccommend this one.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

THIS IS MY HG SHADOW BASE. I LOVE THE WAY MY SHADOW STAYS WITH THIS AND THE POP OF COLOR IT GIVES MY SHADOWS. THE PRODUCT CONSISTENCY IS JUST AS THE UDPP BUT THE GREAT THING ABOUT IT IS THAT IT COMES IN A POT INSTEAD OF THAT GENIE BOTTLE LOOKING THINGY (I HATE THAT PACKAGING) YOU LOOSE SOO MUCH PRODUCT ON THAT. TO ME IT WORKS AND FEELS THE SAME BUT AGAIN THE POT MAKES ME GO TO ESTEE LAUDER. I REALLY RECOMMEND TO TRY THIS STUFF.

on 4/14/2010 11:14:00 AM

baronesserl said it all. It does what the product says it does. I've tried other and most recently Benefit Stay Don't Stray. It's Ok but the pump always give me more than I need. I have only two lids and the pump, no matter how gently I push, I still get enough for seven people. It's very wasteful. Yes, I understand that people don't like products in a bottle where you have to stick you finger in but I just swipe with two fingers and I'm done - always with clean hands. You don't need a lot. I have a back up just in case.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the best eyeshadow base ever!!!! It does exactly what it promises: the eyehsadow stays in place all day long, no creasing, no smudging, applies really smoothly and the texture is so light.

on 11/26/2009 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I can't comment about the long wear of this base but so far so good! The colour pay off is brilliant! Very happy with this product. I don't know why more people don't like it but I personally love it. Will definitely repurchase. Well worth the 12!

This was not a "bad" product, however I am not impressed with it either. I found the glass jar an awkward method to remove product and the primer does not go on smooth.