Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

3.5

on 6/25/2009 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily lids and had tried UDPP as my 1st foray into primers and loved the product, but was SO disappointed by the packaging. I discovered the EL base when they released the double Wear creme shadows recently. It is packaged in the same way as the shadows except the lid is navy not gold. It is a slightly peach toned creme base which I apply with my ring finger all over my eye including the brow before any other make up. I then apply my e/s, liner and brows. If I have any fallout I clean this away before applying more e/s base below my lower lash line. It makes the dark shadows there disappear before my very eyes as it has a peachy base to it.(I'm a PPP) It also prevents my lower liner and mascara from migrating south during the day!! Once I've finished applying all my eyemake (except mascara) I complete the rest of my face. Another plus is that it also helps my brow pencil to stay put! When I use this base my e/s colour is true to the pan shade and lasts until I decide to remove it, with absolutley no creasing. When I run out I will definitely repurchase. It is of a similiar price to UDPP, but doesn't con the consumer as you can get at ALL of the product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I usually dont have a problem with e/s creasing but wanted to try a primer for fun. This was not a good product, at first it looked good, the colors did look more intense BUT in the middle of the day I had a pretty bad creasing problem. I felt really sad...but I will try again, maybe if I wait a minute or two before I apply the eyeshadow...