Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

3.0

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am a huge Estee Lauder fan, I am obsessed with alot of their double wear range so when I saw this for sale I grabbed it.
I had high hopes for this as all of their products have been amazing, but it's just 'eh'.
In the pot you get a ton of product, and putting it on you use very little, but not much will go on the lids as the moment the heat on your hand touches it, it melts so you can layer it.
After the money I've spent on it I am determined to use it until it's either empty or dried up but I used it for days I'm just wearing a light eyeshadow usually in one shade for work or something low impact like that.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I agree with the other reviews -it isn't great but it's not bad. Mine seems to be drying out now and I have had it for a few months. I don't know if I would buy it again. It is better than nothing.

on 9/21/2012 5:51:00 PM

I spoke too soon. This primer is not what I had anticipated. After only 3 hours, I noticed creasing. After several hours (8+) the shadow was fading and the creases intensified in depth. I plan to return it. Considering it doesn't do the job (neither did the shadow go on evenly) it is therefore too expensive.

on 6/25/2009 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily lids and had tried UDPP as my 1st foray into primers and loved the product, but was SO disappointed by the packaging. I discovered the EL base when they released the double Wear creme shadows recently. It is packaged in the same way as the shadows except the lid is navy not gold. It is a slightly peach toned creme base which I apply with my ring finger all over my eye including the brow before any other make up. I then apply my e/s, liner and brows. If I have any fallout I clean this away before applying more e/s base below my lower lash line. It makes the dark shadows there disappear before my very eyes as it has a peachy base to it.(I'm a PPP) It also prevents my lower liner and mascara from migrating south during the day!! Once I've finished applying all my eyemake (except mascara) I complete the rest of my face. Another plus is that it also helps my brow pencil to stay put! When I use this base my e/s colour is true to the pan shade and lasts until I decide to remove it, with absolutley no creasing. When I run out I will definitely repurchase. It is of a similiar price to UDPP, but doesn't con the consumer as you can get at ALL of the product.

on 9/30/2008 4:16:00 AM

It makes the shadow stay on like for ever, i went to bed with eyeshadow on and when i woke up, it still was there like perfect from the night before. The aplication goes on smooth too.
The only thing i dont like, is that it has some colour so you have to make sure that you blend it well into your eyelid so no coulour lines show, and its a little to thick. But i does what you want i do do. make your shadow not crease and stay on foreeeever :)

on 7/31/2008 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this because it makes my eyeshadow turn up as the true color it is in the compact. It also helps the shadow stay on longer. I just use my ring finger and rub on a light layer of the base on my eye lid, then put the shadow on top.

on 4/4/2008 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My eyeshadow still creased and this base made my eyeshadow colors look weird/dull

on 3/29/2008 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been using this for several months. I have to say that while it does hide the redness I have on my eyelids, and it causes no irritation - it does not prevent eye shadow creasing. I am about to try something new in the search to find an eyelid base that works.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I usually dont have a problem with e/s creasing but wanted to try a primer for fun. This was not a good product, at first it looked good, the colors did look more intense BUT in the middle of the day I had a pretty bad creasing problem. I felt really sad...but I will try again, maybe if I wait a minute or two before I apply the eyeshadow...

on 10/13/2007 6:05:00 PM

I think this made my eyeshadow crease more than when used alone. Tried it with numerous brands of eyeshadow and it did not prevent creasing with any of them. Will not purchase again.