Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This eye base is very light in color, so I am not sure how it would work for all skin tones. It is of a very concentrated cream consistency. Therefore, a little bit goes a long way. And, you have to really blend this product well on the lids or else it will make your eye shadow go on clumpy and then you'll have a hard time blending it out.

This eye primer does allow for any eye shadow that I apply over it to last all day, which is a good thing. But, I don't plan to buy anymore of this stuff in the future. I don't find anything overly impressive about this product at all!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

THIS IS MY HG SHADOW BASE. I LOVE THE WAY MY SHADOW STAYS WITH THIS AND THE POP OF COLOR IT GIVES MY SHADOWS. THE PRODUCT CONSISTENCY IS JUST AS THE UDPP BUT THE GREAT THING ABOUT IT IS THAT IT COMES IN A POT INSTEAD OF THAT GENIE BOTTLE LOOKING THINGY (I HATE THAT PACKAGING) YOU LOOSE SOO MUCH PRODUCT ON THAT. TO ME IT WORKS AND FEELS THE SAME BUT AGAIN THE POT MAKES ME GO TO ESTEE LAUDER. I REALLY RECOMMEND TO TRY THIS STUFF.

on 11/26/2009 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I can't comment about the long wear of this base but so far so good! The colour pay off is brilliant! Very happy with this product. I don't know why more people don't like it but I personally love it. Will definitely repurchase. Well worth the 12!

on 7/21/2009 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I was in search of an eyeshadow primer/base because I've ran into really sucky ones lately. I picked up this product at the store and I'm digging it so far! I bought 06 Ivory Lace, which is nude with a hint of shimmer. I think it's a great base because it neutralizes the eyelid BUT still gives it a little bit of GOOD coloring. I'd definitely going to try the other colors!

I wanted to love this, but I do not. It does nothing to keep my eyeshadow on. I'm not sure what the deal is with this stuff, but I just dab a tiny amount onto my lid and it seems to flake into little balls/fibers of goo. Very strange! I though it was some reaction to applying it over my eye cream, but I tried it without any lotion on before hand and it did the same thing. What a waste of $ this was.

on 9/25/2008 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I heard a lot of great things about this product but I was quickly dissapointed. It does glide on smoothly, help shadows blend, show true shadow colours, but it creases like a MOFO. This might be better for those who have dryer lids but I don't have oily lids at all but it has creases everytime I use it.

I will not buy this again.

on 8/19/2008 12:26:00 PM

I definitely recommend this product to those who have tried (and disliked, for whatever reason) UDPP. I had previously been using an MUA cult product, Urban Decay's Primer Potion, as my eyeshadow base. It did make my eyeshadows more true to pan color, and did help with the longevity of my eyeshadows. But I had some issues with UDPP: the tube is ridiculous - there is tons of product in there but unless you take a jigsaw to cut it open, you'll never be able to get all the product out. Additionally, UDPP was very drying to my eyelids and would randomly ball up.

So I got EL Double Wear e/s primer when I forgot UDPP while on vacation and headed to the nearest dept store cosmetics section - and the choices were limited. I choose the Double Wear because of the price ($15), and the positive comments I've read on MUA about the Double Wear products. I love the texture- so silky and glides over the eyelid, and doesn't dry out my eyelids. I did a comparison with UDPP, and my e/s lasted just as long, and had the same true to pan color. The product comes in a jar which makes it easier to see how much product is left, and can easily reach all the product (however, be sure to use a clean finger when you swipe lest you expose yourself to infection). So I will continue to buy the EL Double Wear eyeshadow base b/c it has all the same benefits as UDPP but eliminates my biggest complaints (dryness, packaging) -- for $1 less than UDPP.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have worn this for a few days now, as I wanted to wait before I wrote a review. As I mentioned in a previous review, the former base that I was wearing left me with white pimples on my eye lid right under the brow bone. This has not. I also liked the way that the shadow stayed on, and it was more true to color wearing this base. I did read the others reviews before buying, and tried a couple of things for fear of creasing. I put my moisturizer on right after I got out of the shower, not during my whole prep face thing. I then let the primer sit for a couple of minutes before putting the eye shadow on. This lasted until after dinner when I jumped in the shower. I would say that this is a great product, and I will repurchase. (unless I try the one from Too Faced and like that one better!)