Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

2.3

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am a huge Estee Lauder fan, I am obsessed with alot of their double wear range so when I saw this for sale I grabbed it.
I had high hopes for this as all of their products have been amazing, but it's just 'eh'.
In the pot you get a ton of product, and putting it on you use very little, but not much will go on the lids as the moment the heat on your hand touches it, it melts so you can layer it.
After the money I've spent on it I am determined to use it until it's either empty or dried up but I used it for days I'm just wearing a light eyeshadow usually in one shade for work or something low impact like that.

on 9/21/2012 5:51:00 PM

I spoke too soon. This primer is not what I had anticipated. After only 3 hours, I noticed creasing. After several hours (8+) the shadow was fading and the creases intensified in depth. I plan to return it. Considering it doesn't do the job (neither did the shadow go on evenly) it is therefore too expensive.

I classically have used UDPP and TFSI as my eyeshadow bases, however a friend of mine gave this to me for my birthday recently and I really like it! I like that it is in a pot, and it is really easy to scoop out with a Q tip. I then apply it simply with my fingers. The consistency is very soft feeling... I find TFSI is thinner and more oily, and haven't used UDPP recently enough to remember. It seems to work just as well at keeping eye makeup in place, and since I do enjoy the application and I think it is actually a bit cheaper (though correct me if I am wrong) I may continue to get this instead!

EDIT: I'm noticing the I have a lot more creasing with this after I have been wearing makeup all day. So sadly I have to take this down to 3 stars. It is a shame, because the texture when you put it on feels really nice.

on 3/29/2008 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been using this for several months. I have to say that while it does hide the redness I have on my eyelids, and it causes no irritation - it does not prevent eye shadow creasing. I am about to try something new in the search to find an eyelid base that works.