Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

Filtered by hair type : Other
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

3.8

on 3/8/2013 9:30:00 PM

No colour options. It goes on kind of chalky and pale looking.

on 2/3/2013 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I usually swear by the double wear line that Estee Lauder has available. The foundation, the foundation powder, the eye liner and lipsticks are all amazing but the cream eyeshadow's end especially the eyeshadow base are just lackluster products. I made sure to use a natural fiber brush to apply the base, but it became clumpy and hard to work with. Then I tried applying with my fingers, thinking the heat of my finger tips would make the base more workable.. not true. I understand that the idea is to create a long wear eyeshadow base but you can't even move this product around once it has made contact with your skin, it creates fine feathering type creases with matte eyeshadows. I would not recommend this product to others to use and I feel that for the sale price it's a huge waste of money.

on 2/17/2012 7:13:00 AM

I like this eyeshadow base and it does do exactly what it says. It tnds to dry out after a cople of months, so make ure you always put the lid on firmly between uses. Eyeshadow does stay on for the day and like most ofthe double wear range, it has staying power. recommended.

I love this eyeshadow base- it doesn't crease on me like TFSI & it lasts much longer than UDPP. I like the smooth consistency of the product & it's easy to apply. It comes in a small, clear jar so you are able to see how much product is left & you can actually get it all out unlike the aforementioned brands! It lasts my entire 12 hr workday-no touchups required.

on 11/26/2009 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I can't comment about the long wear of this base but so far so good! The colour pay off is brilliant! Very happy with this product. I don't know why more people don't like it but I personally love it. Will definitely repurchase. Well worth the 12!

on 7/21/2009 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I was in search of an eyeshadow primer/base because I've ran into really sucky ones lately. I picked up this product at the store and I'm digging it so far! I bought 06 Ivory Lace, which is nude with a hint of shimmer. I think it's a great base because it neutralizes the eyelid BUT still gives it a little bit of GOOD coloring. I'd definitely going to try the other colors!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I bought the eyeshow base because I have watery-allergy eyes, and my eyemakeup wouldn't stay on, and I'm a fan of the Double Wear line. This does the trick! And my eyeshadow is a little brighter. The trick is to use the Base sparingly and don't use powder over it. Just put your eyeshadow over it.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have worn this for a few days now, as I wanted to wait before I wrote a review. As I mentioned in a previous review, the former base that I was wearing left me with white pimples on my eye lid right under the brow bone. This has not. I also liked the way that the shadow stayed on, and it was more true to color wearing this base. I did read the others reviews before buying, and tried a couple of things for fear of creasing. I put my moisturizer on right after I got out of the shower, not during my whole prep face thing. I then let the primer sit for a couple of minutes before putting the eye shadow on. This lasted until after dinner when I jumped in the shower. I would say that this is a great product, and I will repurchase. (unless I try the one from Too Faced and like that one better!)