Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 36-43
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

4.3

on 11/10/2013 12:15:00 AM

This is so-so, not great and not terrible. As an eyeshadow primer or base it's gotta be one of the better ones for sure, but it's not all that.

It makes my eyes look older and crepey. But makes eyeshadow stick for sure. Works great with some and balls up with others.

I prefer MAC Paintpot in Painterley as a base and have done a review comparing the two.

Price is too high for the stuff. If it didn't ball up or go crepey it'd be great. Packaging while easy to get into can be a bit of a bacteria trap if you are not hygiene conscious with fingers and brushes. A little disposable 'tester' spatula or similar is good. Easy not to waste product and easy to see how much is left.

A tiny bit of this spreads like silky goodness, it feels like silicon I guess. Maybe that's the hit and miss of it all, how it sits with other products.

on 4/14/2010 11:14:00 AM

baronesserl said it all. It does what the product says it does. I've tried other and most recently Benefit Stay Don't Stray. It's Ok but the pump always give me more than I need. I have only two lids and the pump, no matter how gently I push, I still get enough for seven people. It's very wasteful. Yes, I understand that people don't like products in a bottle where you have to stick you finger in but I just swipe with two fingers and I'm done - always with clean hands. You don't need a lot. I have a back up just in case.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have worn this for a few days now, as I wanted to wait before I wrote a review. As I mentioned in a previous review, the former base that I was wearing left me with white pimples on my eye lid right under the brow bone. This has not. I also liked the way that the shadow stayed on, and it was more true to color wearing this base. I did read the others reviews before buying, and tried a couple of things for fear of creasing. I put my moisturizer on right after I got out of the shower, not during my whole prep face thing. I then let the primer sit for a couple of minutes before putting the eye shadow on. This lasted until after dinner when I jumped in the shower. I would say that this is a great product, and I will repurchase. (unless I try the one from Too Faced and like that one better!)