Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

3.6

on 4/3/2016 4:44:00 PM

A very disappointing product. I am a big fan of the double wear range so when I saw this I was very excited to try it. I have oily eyelids and this did absolutely nothing for me. Estée Lauder claims that it keeps eye shadow crease free for 15 hours which in my opinion is false advertising. It has put me off trying more of their products as the price is too high for the poor quality of this product.

on 11/10/2013 12:15:00 AM

This is so-so, not great and not terrible. As an eyeshadow primer or base it's gotta be one of the better ones for sure, but it's not all that.

It makes my eyes look older and crepey. But makes eyeshadow stick for sure. Works great with some and balls up with others.

I prefer MAC Paintpot in Painterley as a base and have done a review comparing the two.

Price is too high for the stuff. If it didn't ball up or go crepey it'd be great. Packaging while easy to get into can be a bit of a bacteria trap if you are not hygiene conscious with fingers and brushes. A little disposable 'tester' spatula or similar is good. Easy not to waste product and easy to see how much is left.

A tiny bit of this spreads like silky goodness, it feels like silicon I guess. Maybe that's the hit and miss of it all, how it sits with other products.

I classically have used UDPP and TFSI as my eyeshadow bases, however a friend of mine gave this to me for my birthday recently and I really like it! I like that it is in a pot, and it is really easy to scoop out with a Q tip. I then apply it simply with my fingers. The consistency is very soft feeling... I find TFSI is thinner and more oily, and haven't used UDPP recently enough to remember. It seems to work just as well at keeping eye makeup in place, and since I do enjoy the application and I think it is actually a bit cheaper (though correct me if I am wrong) I may continue to get this instead!

EDIT: I'm noticing the I have a lot more creasing with this after I have been wearing makeup all day. So sadly I have to take this down to 3 stars. It is a shame, because the texture when you put it on feels really nice.

on 6/6/2011 11:54:00 AM

I am not really satisfied by this. It creases on my eyelids even before I put my eyeshadow on. The jar is pretty good as packaging and the colour is fine. My bare study paintpot, however, is a much better eyeshadow base than this one!

on 10/29/2010 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Um, I'm sorry but THIS >>>>>>>>>> UDPP ..... it seems like everyone else's HG primer is UDPP but I find this to work WAAAAAY better!! And to think, this stuff has just sitting on my dresser unopened for almost a year now!!! I'm sorry I didn't crack it open EARLIER!!! 5 LIPPIES!!!

on 6/8/2010 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I absolutely love this stuff. It covers all the veins and such on my oily eyelids and stays put for over 24 hours. My eyeshadow stays on and doesn't budge at all. Usually my eyeshadow creases in a few hours due to oily lids. I usually use a roll on shadow from Sue Devitt and then regular shadows and liner and mascara. You get a lot in the jar and you don't need much to cover your lids, just besure to let it dry before applying eyeshadows on it. I have a tube of UDPP and can't stand that stuff nor its packaging. If you need a eyeshadow base I reccommend this one.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

THIS IS MY HG SHADOW BASE. I LOVE THE WAY MY SHADOW STAYS WITH THIS AND THE POP OF COLOR IT GIVES MY SHADOWS. THE PRODUCT CONSISTENCY IS JUST AS THE UDPP BUT THE GREAT THING ABOUT IT IS THAT IT COMES IN A POT INSTEAD OF THAT GENIE BOTTLE LOOKING THINGY (I HATE THAT PACKAGING) YOU LOOSE SOO MUCH PRODUCT ON THAT. TO ME IT WORKS AND FEELS THE SAME BUT AGAIN THE POT MAKES ME GO TO ESTEE LAUDER. I REALLY RECOMMEND TO TRY THIS STUFF.

on 4/14/2010 11:14:00 AM

baronesserl said it all. It does what the product says it does. I've tried other and most recently Benefit Stay Don't Stray. It's Ok but the pump always give me more than I need. I have only two lids and the pump, no matter how gently I push, I still get enough for seven people. It's very wasteful. Yes, I understand that people don't like products in a bottle where you have to stick you finger in but I just swipe with two fingers and I'm done - always with clean hands. You don't need a lot. I have a back up just in case.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the best eyeshadow base ever!!!! It does exactly what it promises: the eyehsadow stays in place all day long, no creasing, no smudging, applies really smoothly and the texture is so light.

on 7/7/2009 2:02:00 AM

Am glad I bought this from EL corporate store and it costed me only AUD$20. Overall am happy with the product and my eyeshadow stayed longer and colour looked better. I have excessively oily lids. However this product dint exactly help me in more humid climate :(