Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

4.1

on 10/24/2012 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Great product! I have never used a base before but after the MA used this on me along with another cream shadow, I was hooked. Staying power was great, not creasing and it went on nicely...did not feel drying. I am still new to this so I will have an update after a few more uses but so far definite repurchase.

on 2/17/2012 7:13:00 AM

I like this eyeshadow base and it does do exactly what it says. It tnds to dry out after a cople of months, so make ure you always put the lid on firmly between uses. Eyeshadow does stay on for the day and like most ofthe double wear range, it has staying power. recommended.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

My favourite eyeshado primer hands down. It is just the right one for me. I can wear my makeup for work which is usually more than 12 hours and it looks fresh and perfect. Really good product.

on 4/26/2011 7:00:00 PM

I really like this product. Very easy to go on, I use a sponge applicator. Holds up well after long days at work and nice color show. I have other primers, but can't let this one go!! Will definitely repurchase, this stuff lasts forever though! I've had mine over a month and can't see much usage in the jar!!

Going against the grain here so I wonder if I got a dud...I bought mine at Selfridges in Manchester at an event to launch the new season in October 2009. My shopping list for the event was; to consume as much free champagne as possible, to ogle the delicious boys at the MAC counter, to pick up a base for eyeshadows and an eye cream. After having my picture taken on the red carpet and wishing I had stayed off the champagne, I trundled to the Estee Lauder counter, as the woman there seemed more my age and I do like EL as a brand. I chose (or was I pushed) the double wear eye shadow base, along with something else and qualified for the lovely bag that was the free gift. I went home a happy girl, paid around 47.00 but got around 120 worth of products, and quite, quite drunk. The next day I was entering a hair competition and knew my hideous pic would be taken so I reached for my eyeshadow base as even in saintly conditions I have eyelids with an oily tendency. I am a sucker for packaging and if products make you feel good to hold, they usually have at least a placebo effect. Inside the lovely glass jar, there is a very generous amount of base, in a lovely natural creamy colour. Thats the positives. I thought the sample I tried in Selfridges was a creamy consistency, yet this felt grainy and dry to my fingers. I warmed it a little between my fingers and applied it to my eyelids. Its quite sheer, which is good, but in the time it took for me to pop the lid on and choose an eyeshadow, my lids were creased! Just the base, mind, and creased! I wiped it off and tried again this time with a brush. That left brush strokes, but I blended tham out and moved on with my life. I just love EL creams and mascaras, but the base, which I have continued to use as it cost so much (around 17) and actually still have only made a small dip in the top of, left me cold. I won't buy it again, but by the time it runs out I'll probably be too old to have eyelids

This was not a "bad" product, however I am not impressed with it either. I found the glass jar an awkward method to remove product and the primer does not go on smooth.

on 7/31/2008 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this because it makes my eyeshadow turn up as the true color it is in the compact. It also helps the shadow stay on longer. I just use my ring finger and rub on a light layer of the base on my eye lid, then put the shadow on top.