Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

3.0

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am a huge Estee Lauder fan, I am obsessed with alot of their double wear range so when I saw this for sale I grabbed it.
I had high hopes for this as all of their products have been amazing, but it's just 'eh'.
In the pot you get a ton of product, and putting it on you use very little, but not much will go on the lids as the moment the heat on your hand touches it, it melts so you can layer it.
After the money I've spent on it I am determined to use it until it's either empty or dried up but I used it for days I'm just wearing a light eyeshadow usually in one shade for work or something low impact like that.

on 3/8/2013 9:30:00 PM

No colour options. It goes on kind of chalky and pale looking.

on 9/21/2012 5:51:00 PM

I spoke too soon. This primer is not what I had anticipated. After only 3 hours, I noticed creasing. After several hours (8+) the shadow was fading and the creases intensified in depth. I plan to return it. Considering it doesn't do the job (neither did the shadow go on evenly) it is therefore too expensive.

I love this eyeshadow base- it doesn't crease on me like TFSI & it lasts much longer than UDPP. I like the smooth consistency of the product & it's easy to apply. It comes in a small, clear jar so you are able to see how much product is left & you can actually get it all out unlike the aforementioned brands! It lasts my entire 12 hr workday-no touchups required.

on 1/12/2011 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is replacing Laura Mercier eye basics for me as my fave eyeshadow base. Like LM, my eyeshadow stays on all day, but unlike LM there is NO shine to grab on and highlight the crepiness that's creeping in. I use my Paula's Choice concealer brush to apply.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product! I have tried a lot of eyeshadow bases over the years and this one is the best! Make sure when you put it on, you are putting it on a dry lid and you are letting it dry completely before you put anything on top of it. It can get goopy if it is still wet or not set all the way. I wear ID Bare Minerals and I love to put this under my eye also and then put on the well rested powder concealer on top of it. LOVE IT! and it lasts all day long.

on 3/29/2008 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been using this for several months. I have to say that while it does hide the redness I have on my eyelids, and it causes no irritation - it does not prevent eye shadow creasing. I am about to try something new in the search to find an eyelid base that works.