Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

3.4

on 10/13/2007 6:05:00 PM

I think this made my eyeshadow crease more than when used alone. Tried it with numerous brands of eyeshadow and it did not prevent creasing with any of them. Will not purchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I usually dont have a problem with e/s creasing but wanted to try a primer for fun. This was not a good product, at first it looked good, the colors did look more intense BUT in the middle of the day I had a pretty bad creasing problem. I felt really sad...but I will try again, maybe if I wait a minute or two before I apply the eyeshadow...

on 11/8/2007 4:56:00 PM

I had a good experience with this product. I tried this in place of the Lancome Aquatique I usually use and like it, though not quite as much as the Aquatique. It provided a good smooth base for me, eyeshadows apply more smoothly, it covers redness on my eyelids, and keeps my shadow in place all day -- no creasing here.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have worn this for a few days now, as I wanted to wait before I wrote a review. As I mentioned in a previous review, the former base that I was wearing left me with white pimples on my eye lid right under the brow bone. This has not. I also liked the way that the shadow stayed on, and it was more true to color wearing this base. I did read the others reviews before buying, and tried a couple of things for fear of creasing. I put my moisturizer on right after I got out of the shower, not during my whole prep face thing. I then let the primer sit for a couple of minutes before putting the eye shadow on. This lasted until after dinner when I jumped in the shower. I would say that this is a great product, and I will repurchase. (unless I try the one from Too Faced and like that one better!)

on 3/29/2008 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been using this for several months. I have to say that while it does hide the redness I have on my eyelids, and it causes no irritation - it does not prevent eye shadow creasing. I am about to try something new in the search to find an eyelid base that works.

on 4/4/2008 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My eyeshadow still creased and this base made my eyeshadow colors look weird/dull

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I bought the eyeshow base because I have watery-allergy eyes, and my eyemakeup wouldn't stay on, and I'm a fan of the Double Wear line. This does the trick! And my eyeshadow is a little brighter. The trick is to use the Base sparingly and don't use powder over it. Just put your eyeshadow over it.

on 7/31/2008 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this because it makes my eyeshadow turn up as the true color it is in the compact. It also helps the shadow stay on longer. I just use my ring finger and rub on a light layer of the base on my eye lid, then put the shadow on top.

on 8/19/2008 12:26:00 PM

I definitely recommend this product to those who have tried (and disliked, for whatever reason) UDPP. I had previously been using an MUA cult product, Urban Decay's Primer Potion, as my eyeshadow base. It did make my eyeshadows more true to pan color, and did help with the longevity of my eyeshadows. But I had some issues with UDPP: the tube is ridiculous - there is tons of product in there but unless you take a jigsaw to cut it open, you'll never be able to get all the product out. Additionally, UDPP was very drying to my eyelids and would randomly ball up.

So I got EL Double Wear e/s primer when I forgot UDPP while on vacation and headed to the nearest dept store cosmetics section - and the choices were limited. I choose the Double Wear because of the price ($15), and the positive comments I've read on MUA about the Double Wear products. I love the texture- so silky and glides over the eyelid, and doesn't dry out my eyelids. I did a comparison with UDPP, and my e/s lasted just as long, and had the same true to pan color. The product comes in a jar which makes it easier to see how much product is left, and can easily reach all the product (however, be sure to use a clean finger when you swipe lest you expose yourself to infection). So I will continue to buy the EL Double Wear eyeshadow base b/c it has all the same benefits as UDPP but eliminates my biggest complaints (dryness, packaging) -- for $1 less than UDPP.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This only comes in one color - and it's pretty orange. I'm fair (but not porcelain) and this was too dark for me. And no matter what shadow I put on top of it, I could not cover up the orange. I love the texture, the convenience of the packaging, and if it came in a lighter color, I might like it. But I think there are very few people I think who could use this based on the color.