Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

Filtered by age: 36-43
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

3.4

on 11/10/2013 12:15:00 AM

This is so-so, not great and not terrible. As an eyeshadow primer or base it's gotta be one of the better ones for sure, but it's not all that.

It makes my eyes look older and crepey. But makes eyeshadow stick for sure. Works great with some and balls up with others.

I prefer MAC Paintpot in Painterley as a base and have done a review comparing the two.

Price is too high for the stuff. If it didn't ball up or go crepey it'd be great. Packaging while easy to get into can be a bit of a bacteria trap if you are not hygiene conscious with fingers and brushes. A little disposable 'tester' spatula or similar is good. Easy not to waste product and easy to see how much is left.

A tiny bit of this spreads like silky goodness, it feels like silicon I guess. Maybe that's the hit and miss of it all, how it sits with other products.

on 3/8/2013 9:30:00 PM

No colour options. It goes on kind of chalky and pale looking.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This eye base is very light in color, so I am not sure how it would work for all skin tones. It is of a very concentrated cream consistency. Therefore, a little bit goes a long way. And, you have to really blend this product well on the lids or else it will make your eye shadow go on clumpy and then you'll have a hard time blending it out.

This eye primer does allow for any eye shadow that I apply over it to last all day, which is a good thing. But, I don't plan to buy anymore of this stuff in the future. I don't find anything overly impressive about this product at all!

Going against the grain here so I wonder if I got a dud...I bought mine at Selfridges in Manchester at an event to launch the new season in October 2009. My shopping list for the event was; to consume as much free champagne as possible, to ogle the delicious boys at the MAC counter, to pick up a base for eyeshadows and an eye cream. After having my picture taken on the red carpet and wishing I had stayed off the champagne, I trundled to the Estee Lauder counter, as the woman there seemed more my age and I do like EL as a brand. I chose (or was I pushed) the double wear eye shadow base, along with something else and qualified for the lovely bag that was the free gift. I went home a happy girl, paid around 47.00 but got around 120 worth of products, and quite, quite drunk. The next day I was entering a hair competition and knew my hideous pic would be taken so I reached for my eyeshadow base as even in saintly conditions I have eyelids with an oily tendency. I am a sucker for packaging and if products make you feel good to hold, they usually have at least a placebo effect. Inside the lovely glass jar, there is a very generous amount of base, in a lovely natural creamy colour. Thats the positives. I thought the sample I tried in Selfridges was a creamy consistency, yet this felt grainy and dry to my fingers. I warmed it a little between my fingers and applied it to my eyelids. Its quite sheer, which is good, but in the time it took for me to pop the lid on and choose an eyeshadow, my lids were creased! Just the base, mind, and creased! I wiped it off and tried again this time with a brush. That left brush strokes, but I blended tham out and moved on with my life. I just love EL creams and mascaras, but the base, which I have continued to use as it cost so much (around 17) and actually still have only made a small dip in the top of, left me cold. I won't buy it again, but by the time it runs out I'll probably be too old to have eyelids

on 4/14/2010 11:14:00 AM

baronesserl said it all. It does what the product says it does. I've tried other and most recently Benefit Stay Don't Stray. It's Ok but the pump always give me more than I need. I have only two lids and the pump, no matter how gently I push, I still get enough for seven people. It's very wasteful. Yes, I understand that people don't like products in a bottle where you have to stick you finger in but I just swipe with two fingers and I'm done - always with clean hands. You don't need a lot. I have a back up just in case.

on 6/25/2009 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily lids and had tried UDPP as my 1st foray into primers and loved the product, but was SO disappointed by the packaging. I discovered the EL base when they released the double Wear creme shadows recently. It is packaged in the same way as the shadows except the lid is navy not gold. It is a slightly peach toned creme base which I apply with my ring finger all over my eye including the brow before any other make up. I then apply my e/s, liner and brows. If I have any fallout I clean this away before applying more e/s base below my lower lash line. It makes the dark shadows there disappear before my very eyes as it has a peachy base to it.(I'm a PPP) It also prevents my lower liner and mascara from migrating south during the day!! Once I've finished applying all my eyemake (except mascara) I complete the rest of my face. Another plus is that it also helps my brow pencil to stay put! When I use this base my e/s colour is true to the pan shade and lasts until I decide to remove it, with absolutley no creasing. When I run out I will definitely repurchase. It is of a similiar price to UDPP, but doesn't con the consumer as you can get at ALL of the product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I bought the eyeshow base because I have watery-allergy eyes, and my eyemakeup wouldn't stay on, and I'm a fan of the Double Wear line. This does the trick! And my eyeshadow is a little brighter. The trick is to use the Base sparingly and don't use powder over it. Just put your eyeshadow over it.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have worn this for a few days now, as I wanted to wait before I wrote a review. As I mentioned in a previous review, the former base that I was wearing left me with white pimples on my eye lid right under the brow bone. This has not. I also liked the way that the shadow stayed on, and it was more true to color wearing this base. I did read the others reviews before buying, and tried a couple of things for fear of creasing. I put my moisturizer on right after I got out of the shower, not during my whole prep face thing. I then let the primer sit for a couple of minutes before putting the eye shadow on. This lasted until after dinner when I jumped in the shower. I would say that this is a great product, and I will repurchase. (unless I try the one from Too Faced and like that one better!)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I usually dont have a problem with e/s creasing but wanted to try a primer for fun. This was not a good product, at first it looked good, the colors did look more intense BUT in the middle of the day I had a pretty bad creasing problem. I felt really sad...but I will try again, maybe if I wait a minute or two before I apply the eyeshadow...