Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

Filtered by age: 30-35
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

3.5

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I agree with the other reviews -it isn't great but it's not bad. Mine seems to be drying out now and I have had it for a few months. I don't know if I would buy it again. It is better than nothing.

on 5/30/2014 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This has not been the worst eye primer I have ever used but definitely not the best. I found you had to wait a while for it to dry or it creases very badly. It lasts on me about a half of day before my eye shadow faded. I will stick with NARS.

on 2/17/2012 7:13:00 AM

I like this eyeshadow base and it does do exactly what it says. It tnds to dry out after a cople of months, so make ure you always put the lid on firmly between uses. Eyeshadow does stay on for the day and like most ofthe double wear range, it has staying power. recommended.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

My favourite eyeshado primer hands down. It is just the right one for me. I can wear my makeup for work which is usually more than 12 hours and it looks fresh and perfect. Really good product.

on 6/6/2011 11:54:00 AM

I am not really satisfied by this. It creases on my eyelids even before I put my eyeshadow on. The jar is pretty good as packaging and the colour is fine. My bare study paintpot, however, is a much better eyeshadow base than this one!

on 10/29/2010 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Um, I'm sorry but THIS >>>>>>>>>> UDPP ..... it seems like everyone else's HG primer is UDPP but I find this to work WAAAAAY better!! And to think, this stuff has just sitting on my dresser unopened for almost a year now!!! I'm sorry I didn't crack it open EARLIER!!! 5 LIPPIES!!!

on 6/8/2010 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I absolutely love this stuff. It covers all the veins and such on my oily eyelids and stays put for over 24 hours. My eyeshadow stays on and doesn't budge at all. Usually my eyeshadow creases in a few hours due to oily lids. I usually use a roll on shadow from Sue Devitt and then regular shadows and liner and mascara. You get a lot in the jar and you don't need much to cover your lids, just besure to let it dry before applying eyeshadows on it. I have a tube of UDPP and can't stand that stuff nor its packaging. If you need a eyeshadow base I reccommend this one.

on 6/8/2009 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a curate's egg of a product, on my very dry crepy eyelids my skin looked like elephant's skin, but then it does anyway with anything drying on top. But where my skin is smooth, this worked beautifully, ie around the eye area. My shadow, was bright, fresh and in place 24 hours later. So I would recommend this to those with line free skin, you'll love it, apply it sparingly, with smooth on carefully with your fingertip, but for anyone with ageing skin I'd say try a sample first. This works and well but it does the skin no favours when it comes to showing off any imperfections.

I probably will buy it again, in the knowledge I can't use it on my dry looking lids.

I wanted to love this, but I do not. It does nothing to keep my eyeshadow on. I'm not sure what the deal is with this stuff, but I just dab a tiny amount onto my lid and it seems to flake into little balls/fibers of goo. Very strange! I though it was some reaction to applying it over my eye cream, but I tried it without any lotion on before hand and it did the same thing. What a waste of $ this was.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I've always worn Estee Lauder products and decided to try this product after trying it at the Estee Lauder counter, but was very disappointed in it when I brought it home. Not only was it too thick, but didn't go well as a base for my eyeshadows. Definitely disappointed :(