Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

Filtered by age: 19-24
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

3.8

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am disappointed in this product. It does not keep your eye shadow on for 15 hours as advetrised. I find that after about 5 hours, I start to see creases and eye shadow starts to look uneven. I am also using Estee Lauder eye shadow. I did not feel this product lived up to the promises made and would hesitate to recommend this product.

I classically have used UDPP and TFSI as my eyeshadow bases, however a friend of mine gave this to me for my birthday recently and I really like it! I like that it is in a pot, and it is really easy to scoop out with a Q tip. I then apply it simply with my fingers. The consistency is very soft feeling... I find TFSI is thinner and more oily, and haven't used UDPP recently enough to remember. It seems to work just as well at keeping eye makeup in place, and since I do enjoy the application and I think it is actually a bit cheaper (though correct me if I am wrong) I may continue to get this instead!

EDIT: I'm noticing the I have a lot more creasing with this after I have been wearing makeup all day. So sadly I have to take this down to 3 stars. It is a shame, because the texture when you put it on feels really nice.

I love this eyeshadow base- it doesn't crease on me like TFSI & it lasts much longer than UDPP. I like the smooth consistency of the product & it's easy to apply. It comes in a small, clear jar so you are able to see how much product is left & you can actually get it all out unlike the aforementioned brands! It lasts my entire 12 hr workday-no touchups required.

on 11/26/2009 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I can't comment about the long wear of this base but so far so good! The colour pay off is brilliant! Very happy with this product. I don't know why more people don't like it but I personally love it. Will definitely repurchase. Well worth the 12!

This was not a "bad" product, however I am not impressed with it either. I found the glass jar an awkward method to remove product and the primer does not go on smooth.

on 7/21/2009 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I was in search of an eyeshadow primer/base because I've ran into really sucky ones lately. I picked up this product at the store and I'm digging it so far! I bought 06 Ivory Lace, which is nude with a hint of shimmer. I think it's a great base because it neutralizes the eyelid BUT still gives it a little bit of GOOD coloring. I'd definitely going to try the other colors!

on 7/7/2009 2:02:00 AM

Am glad I bought this from EL corporate store and it costed me only AUD$20. Overall am happy with the product and my eyeshadow stayed longer and colour looked better. I have excessively oily lids. However this product dint exactly help me in more humid climate :(

on 8/19/2008 12:26:00 PM

I definitely recommend this product to those who have tried (and disliked, for whatever reason) UDPP. I had previously been using an MUA cult product, Urban Decay's Primer Potion, as my eyeshadow base. It did make my eyeshadows more true to pan color, and did help with the longevity of my eyeshadows. But I had some issues with UDPP: the tube is ridiculous - there is tons of product in there but unless you take a jigsaw to cut it open, you'll never be able to get all the product out. Additionally, UDPP was very drying to my eyelids and would randomly ball up.

So I got EL Double Wear e/s primer when I forgot UDPP while on vacation and headed to the nearest dept store cosmetics section - and the choices were limited. I choose the Double Wear because of the price ($15), and the positive comments I've read on MUA about the Double Wear products. I love the texture- so silky and glides over the eyelid, and doesn't dry out my eyelids. I did a comparison with UDPP, and my e/s lasted just as long, and had the same true to pan color. The product comes in a jar which makes it easier to see how much product is left, and can easily reach all the product (however, be sure to use a clean finger when you swipe lest you expose yourself to infection). So I will continue to buy the EL Double Wear eyeshadow base b/c it has all the same benefits as UDPP but eliminates my biggest complaints (dryness, packaging) -- for $1 less than UDPP.

on 7/31/2008 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this because it makes my eyeshadow turn up as the true color it is in the compact. It also helps the shadow stay on longer. I just use my ring finger and rub on a light layer of the base on my eye lid, then put the shadow on top.