Skinceuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Skinceuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol
Skinceuticals Retinol

3.0

water, cyclomethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, dimethiconol, laureth-4, laureth-23, hydrogenated lecithin, butyorspermum parkii (shea butter), caprylic/capric triglyceride, ceramide 2, ceramide 3, phytosphingosine, cholesterol, hypericum perforatum extract, propylene glycol, allyl methacrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 20, retinol, BHT, sodium polyacrylate, dimethicone PEG-7 isostearate, glycerin, polyacrylamide, C13-14 isoparaffin, leureth-7, bisabolol. rosa canina leaf extract, silybum marianum fruit extract, passiflora incarnata flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matreicaria) leaf extract, citric acid, methylsothiazolinone, tetrasodium EDTA SkinCeuticals 5/27/09

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hi,

I started using this product about 3 weeks back and am pleased with the results. I am still experiencing some flaking, i overdid it the first few days, and paid the price. my skin was peeling and i felt like my face was on fire, now i use it 2-3 days in a row and then take a day or two off. i have read that this product helps with wrinkles around the eyes, but not sure how people used it because i burnt the skin around my eyes! i am interested to know how other people use this product and what their skin regimen is. i do believe though, that this is the one product that can absolutely change someones skin. your skin will become clear, flawless and smooth. the key lies in finding the right regimen, so ladies, tell me what yours is!

on 1/29/2008 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

UPDATE: since this experince I have used Diacenal (Avene) much stronger than this and didn't have any reaction or watsoever, and moved to Prescription retinoids such as Retin A and Tazorac and have been a blessing compared to this highly irritating thing. So if you have bad experience with this doesn't mean you can't use Rx Retinoids at all.

........................................

Orginal Post - I bought this after I used Retinol 0.5% and felt nothing at all, so I bought this one and after two nights my skin has become red and sore and feel very very sensitive, only Jojoba Oil could help the irritation.

I am very sad because I wanted this to work so much but it wasn't meant to be for my skin. Maybe I am going to try Avene Ysthreal Creme or Eluage from Avene that deals with Sensitive Skins when my skin and I feel better.

Also I WOUD RECOMEND that before you use this if it's your first Retinoid experience or you are upgrading from Retinol 0.5% like I did to just use a part on your neck or face where you can test the product and you can conceal later before you use it all over the face and see how the skin reacts, like they do at the Hairdressers before you dye your hair. DO A TEST.

They said this is the mildest Retinoid over the counter..I am just thinking ...Bloody hell how the others must be !! or maybe I reacted to one ingredient and I have no idea which one it is !