Skinceuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Skinceuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol
Skinceuticals Retinol

3.9

water, cyclomethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, dimethiconol, laureth-4, laureth-23, hydrogenated lecithin, butyorspermum parkii (shea butter), caprylic/capric triglyceride, ceramide 2, ceramide 3, phytosphingosine, cholesterol, hypericum perforatum extract, propylene glycol, allyl methacrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 20, retinol, BHT, sodium polyacrylate, dimethicone PEG-7 isostearate, glycerin, polyacrylamide, C13-14 isoparaffin, leureth-7, bisabolol. rosa canina leaf extract, silybum marianum fruit extract, passiflora incarnata flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matreicaria) leaf extract, citric acid, methylsothiazolinone, tetrasodium EDTA SkinCeuticals 5/27/09

on 2/1/2016 6:13:00 AM

This review is for the tube of retinol 1.0 by skinceuticals.

I have been using for over a year a generic retinol purchased online overseas by Johnson & Johnson and went through hell with peely skin, acne purging and ended up with sponge like effect on my face and large pores. There was some improvement to the softness of the skin but I never got it to where I hoped it would be (went from a .25 to .50 strength).

I did some me research for non-prescription retinol and saw great reviews whereby skinceuticals came out on top in most reviews so found it on special and purchased it two weeks ago.

In my first week using it I had slight peel effect but it lasted about two days. Then I started to notice my pores getting smaller, tightened skin and the big wow my forehead wrinkles looked less noticeable! I don't even need to add a moisturiser after I apply (must wait a good 30 mins after applying retinol), but every now and then I will use my Juno Sunday Riley's oil if I feel my skin needs a little more hydration.

I have been totally impressed with this tube of miracle and will most definitely buy it again. I started to give up with retinols thinking I would need to spend on seeing a skin specialist and get a script or I give up on retinols altogether. So happy I gave this a go. My skin is normally sensitive, dehydrated and I have now in my 40's wrinkles forming and a crepey look which came out of no where, now I am seeing the cream help turn back time as much as a clam can - so happy.

on 12/27/2015 1:25:00 PM

I have been a Skinceuticals customer and fan for several years. Unfortunately, their inclusion of methylsothiazolinone in this product is negligent. Methylsothiazolinone is a biocide and neurotoxin. It is mainly found in drugstore shampoos and a few salon brands. I won't even buy a shampoo that contains it, and shampoos at least rinse out. I don't understand why a high end skincare brand would use this in a skincare product. Why not use oil of oregano, or colloidal silver, or something else that is not a neurotoxin? Unfortunately, it never occurred to me that Skinceuticals would include this ingredient in one of their high end products, and I purchased and used it and now must throw it out, which is the equivalent of throwing away a lot of money, but I'd rather throw away money than use a neurotoxin on my face.

Fortunately, SkinMedica offers a great alternative, and I am now using that.

on 2/28/2014 10:15:00 AM

This product can either scare you away or make you see the potential and keep using it sparingly. I am not gonna lie, I freaked out when my face started getting splotchy, sensitive and red. The pealing was annoying but it did not bother me as much as the skin sensitivity towards any face product including the most gentle ( SNAIL MUCUS GEL).

For 1-2 days after using this product at night, my face saw no peeling, no sign of anything. Then when I woke up on the 3rd day ( I did not put any on my face that night), my face was a freak show. I did not want to leave the house!! I tried oatmeal mask to take redness and red blotches away which did help but what I found was that jojoba oil did help a lot in calming my skin.

My skin is starting to peel more and more, different areas every day lol
I almost decided to quit this product but now that I am seeing results begin, I cant wait to go through this all over again. Do expect extreme sensitive skin to your basic creams even the most gentle!!! Do expect to look in the mirror one day and freak out because you look UGLY but don't worry, with beauty comes ugly first lol

I had a pimple on the my cheek with left a red mark, after using this it faded it away and is still fading. I recommend not using it 2 night in a row ( that was dumb of me) since this stuff is potent. Use it ONCE a week at night and later on maybe upgrade the dosage to twice.

DO NOT put it around your eye area.... thankfully I did not and read instructions...

Give this a try and don't expect beautiful results right away...remember that there is a ugly stage so just make sure you have a good makeup to hide this redness lol Maybelline dream mouse is what worked for me..EXFOLIATE GENTLY FIRST....all my high end bb creams, cc cream didnt work! Thats how red it was lol APPLY it with a beauty blender!!!

This a great maximum strength retinol to use instead of a prescription retinoid or in alternation with it: once in 2-3 days. I actually get less side effects from 0.025 Retin-A than from this.

For something comparable - same concentration and consistency- I'd go with Paula's Choice Retinol Body Treatment. That is strong stuff, just like this, without the price.

NOTE: The PC Body Treatment has the same concentration as the Resist Retinol Serum but you end up applying more because it is not slippery silicone, but a lightweight cream.

on 12/11/2010 4:30:00 PM

A staple in my beauty routine. Absolutely the best retinol treatment you can get w/o prescription. Does what it suppose to - exfoliates, makes skin dewy and peachy, helps prevent/treat acne, fades brown spots or any sun damage. I use it at night, right after cleansing. Important: My derm recommended to leave it on for about 20-25 minutes alone on skin, before applying any night lotion. Another tip for those which super sensitive skin - put Ferulic C+E serum before you apply retinol, it'll sooth the irritation.

VERY IMPORTANT: Stop using 2 days before you go on sunny vacation (beach/skiing) - the skin would be too sensitive to the light. Apply high SPF (at least 45) and don't tan - it'll revert the effect of this product, you'll wind up with spotty/red skin.

on 2/16/2009 10:16:00 AM

One of my favourite retinol products ! I use this about once every other night, after having built up to this frequency of use.

The 1.0 % concentration of retinol is the strongest you'll currently find on the market and is offered by only a few brands, so users may want to use this as a second or even third-step product after trying weaker retinol preparations with success.

My favourite aspect of this product, aside from the high concentration, is the texture. The lotiony formula seems to spread very neatly and evenly over my skin and is slightly moisturising -- normal-to-dry and dry skin types would probably enjoy this consistency.

I wanted so much to love this product. The price was reasonable and the packaging was great. However this made my skin so dry. I tried alternating every other night and even every three nights, but after months of use and many moisturizers I just couldn't get my skin to adjust to this product. It probably would work wonders on someone with skin that could handle it, but on me the drying and flaking actually made me look a bit older.

on 6/6/2007 4:43:00 AM

I used this loyally for 8 weeks -- and began to think it was doing damage to my skin so I stopped. My skin looks dehydrated, crepey and more wrinkled. They say retinol makes skin build more collogen-- but it seems like this cream was doing the opposite-- I'll probably never use another retinol product again.

on 8/14/2006 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Nice product. I have been using this stuff for a couple of months now only at night. I only use it on my forehead, cheeks, and neck area. When I use it on my chin or around my mouth, I experience breakouts. This comes in a 1 ounce can with a pump dispenser. The pumping action is not the best...it takes effort to pump the 8-10 teeny squirts out that I need to cover the parts of my face needing treatment. Perhaps this conservative pneumatic dispensing feature is to minimize air contact to help maintain the stability of the retinol. This stuff has the consistency and color of Diacneal..sort of a yellowish, 'silicony' texture...and the tiny pea-size that comes out of the 8-10 squirts glides on quite easily. You really only need a small amount for good coverage. Although a bit stinky, it absorbs fairly well, as one might expect for a silicone-based facial product (or what 'feels' like one, anyway). The results in the morning are obvious...a beautifully moisturized, even tone and texture to the skin with an astonishingly diminished pore size. On the areas of my face that I do use this, any existing pimples are minimized a bit but not to a noteworthy degree. It is more effective on lines and pores rather than on acne. I also use the 0.5% of this stuff with precisely the same results as the 1.0%. Neither one of them has any drying or irritating effect (makes me wonder a bit if the stuff is really in there or at the concentration advertised). Although pricey ($40 and some change for each) I buy it online with no shipping and handling charges and at a 10% discount. These are items I will keep stocked in my cosmeceutical arsenal. I am waivering between a 4-5 lippie rating on these products because of the acne thing and the pump dispenser, which are the 'lippie drawbacks.' Aw, heck...I give it a 5...there really is a noticeable difference to the skin after using this stuff. I like it!