SkinCeuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 44-55
SkinCeuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol
Skinceuticals Retinol

water, cyclomethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, dimethiconol, laureth-4, laureth-23, hydrogenated lecithin, butyorspermum parkii (shea butter), caprylic/capric triglyceride, ceramide 2, ceramide 3, phytosphingosine, cholesterol, hypericum perforatum extract, propylene glycol, allyl methacrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 20, retinol, BHT, sodium polyacrylate, dimethicone PEG-7 isostearate, glycerin, polyacrylamide, C13-14 isoparaffin, leureth-7, bisabolol. rosa canina leaf extract, silybum marianum fruit extract, passiflora incarnata flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matreicaria) leaf extract, citric acid, methylsothiazolinone, tetrasodium EDTA SkinCeuticals 5/27/09

This little tube is a great investment. My dad actually got from his dermatologist to fade sunspots, but he hated using it and passed it to me. It is quite strong and a pea sized amount is sufficient for my entire face. Expect a peel a few days after you use it for the first few times. I use once a week. Always wear a good sunblock.

on 4/20/2013 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product ! It's not exactly gentle on the skin, and it does cause peeling...but my skin is much much better when I use it. It erases fine lines, eradicates large pores and diminishes " sun spots" dramatically. Warning...do not use near your eyes...it dries before you flake. I have no forehead lines at all, and I totally attribute it to this product. I have been using it for years and swear by it. Definitely my HG ! If flaking is worrisome, cut back on the amount of times you are using it weekly. I admit, that sometimes I use it more often, with the peeling as the goal ! The skin underneath , when the peeling subsides is so clear and smooth, that its totally worth the aggravation :)

on 6/16/2010 5:36:00 AM

I am really happy with this product. It is very pricey in NZ, (about $95 incl postage) but well worth it. I had previously used Retin-ox (both the night and day creams) and I really like Retin-ox as a moisturiser, but to me that is all that it is ...a moisturiser. It does not make a visible difference in my opinion.

Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0 DOES make a visible difference. You need to be careful that you gradually increase how often you use it. My skin is in really good condition for its age (48yrs) probably because I have had oily skin up until the past couple of years. When I started using the Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0, I used it every 3rd night initially, then after about 10 days I starting using it on my face every night. It was/is fine for me and no I didn't get any tingling or anything.. but I did get very fine little dry patches on my face that I could wash off in the shower with exfoliating face wash. Make sure you apply a good facial sunscreen each morning.
I use the Retinol 1.0 on my neck too, BUT even now after using it for about 6 weeks, I can still only use it on my neck a maximum of once a week otherwise I get an itchy reaction. Be careful not to get the retinol too close to the outside corner of your eyes as that area is quite sensitive too. I find that I can use it without a problem on the orbital bone under and around my eyes, and I also apply it to the brow bone area under my eyebrows without any problem - but remember that if you are going to do that, use it very sparingly initially and build up to it so that you don't have a reaction! (by reaction I mean it could get overly dry/flakey skin or it might become red and itchy). I have combination normal/oily skin olive skin.
I will definitely buy this product again. It does the biz!!!