SkinCeuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
SkinCeuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol
Skinceuticals Retinol

3.7

water, cyclomethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, dimethiconol, laureth-4, laureth-23, hydrogenated lecithin, butyorspermum parkii (shea butter), caprylic/capric triglyceride, ceramide 2, ceramide 3, phytosphingosine, cholesterol, hypericum perforatum extract, propylene glycol, allyl methacrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 20, retinol, BHT, sodium polyacrylate, dimethicone PEG-7 isostearate, glycerin, polyacrylamide, C13-14 isoparaffin, leureth-7, bisabolol. rosa canina leaf extract, silybum marianum fruit extract, passiflora incarnata flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matreicaria) leaf extract, citric acid, methylsothiazolinone, tetrasodium EDTA SkinCeuticals 5/27/09

on 9/4/2018 9:36:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this product and I am seeing visible results. However, my skin is becoming so sensitized by it that I've got to limit its usage to just two nights a week. The odd thing is that this product doesn't irritate my skin but anything I place on top of it stings like mad. Even the next day, my usual innocuous serum and sunscreen burn my face. So even though I think it's effective, I cannot use this nightly and am switching to Aveeno to calm my skin down. After my skin has normalized, I'll try it again. I most likely will not repurchase.

on 2/1/2017 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this product to try and get my skin used to a retinol product.
I tried for a good 6 months, and 3 times a week was all i could tolerate. My skin was always extremely dry, feeling tight, and i always had embarrassing peeling skin on about the 3rd day after use.
I read another post from someone who advised to go straight to a prescription strength Tretinoin, so off to my local GP i went, and i have never looked back.

Here in Australia, prescription strength tretinoin starts from $26, compared to the $100 skinceuticals one.
I now wake up every morning with soft moisturised skin, and i have never peeled, or suffered from red tight skin.
My advice to anyone wanting to start on retinol is to not waste your time in over the counter retinols, they cost more, and aren't as effective.
The prescription tretinoins are more emollient, and CHEAPER !!
For reference, i started off on Stevia A .25 %. No side effects whats so ever. Then i moved onto Retrieve .05% (skin feels amazingly soft the next day with this brand) Now i am about to try the highest strength.

on 10/25/2016 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Id been using Skinceuticals .05 for the last year and figured, why not.. let's try the .1 ! I thought since I'd been using the .05 I'd stick with my normal use... While I didn't have peeling like a lot of reveiwers dealt with, I DID get bright red skin. ZOINKS! After a night of sleeping in Aquaphor that helped that significantly... and I learned what NOT to do (as in use it eery night) So I am now only using 2 nights/week and I use Skinceauticals Renew overnight moisturizer for Dry skin the other nights.

My skin looks great, and although the .1 is more expensive than the .05, using it only 2-3 days/week will make it last longer :)

I would absolutely NOT use this if you've never used Retinols before... And with any retinol, you MUST use sunscreen. Always. Not just when it's summer and the sun is shining.

on 4/10/2016 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Good penetrating retinol cream, did not irritate my mature, dry skin. Good value.

on 10/7/2014 4:16:00 AM

I've used retin a, retin a micro, tazorac and differin and never had any issues with break outs from those products, but skinceuticals retinol made me break out :(
I know sometimes people experience an initial breakout from retinol products, but because I didn't from any of the dermatologist prescribed products, I'm thinking it might be the dimethicone in this product that did it.
Dimethicone coats the skin, which basically means skin can't breathe and nothing can get in or out. I know dimethicone isn't a problem for many people, but for us acne prone types, I think it can sometimes be a problem. Trapping bacteria and gunk doesn't sound ideal to me!
Just after using this product, I tried la roche posay effaclar duo, and it also broke me out. I noticed it also has dimethicone, so I will be avoiding this ingredient from now on!

on 9/4/2014 10:36:00 AM

I was not expected such serious medicine since it was over the counter. I have used retin a in .05 and .1 percent concentrations and this seemed to do as much as far as peeling and exfoliating as either of them. However, with retin a it peeled, then got better while just giving my skin glowing results in just a few weeks. 1 month in using the skinceuticals I am still getting reddness, itchyness and pretty bad sensitivity. I much prefer the retin A and when I go to Mexico in next month I will pick up some of that and ditch the skinceuticals.

Also, it brought it down on my neck one day and the next morning I looked like I had 2nd degree burns. This is some serious stuff, don't be fooled into thinking because it is over the counter that it isn't.

I have the metal tube, purchased off of amazon and the packaging is great.

on 2/26/2014 6:08:00 PM

Like others have mentioned this stuff is strong, I read the comments below but didn't take any notice, I thought I could handle it. As I put the cream onto my face, it's very lightweight and it absorbed right into my skin. I did this 3 nights in a row and the 4th night I thought I would have a night off, when I woke up in the morning, looked in the mirror and I was peeling everywhere and my face felt very sensitive whilst I tried washing with a gentle cleanser. Around my eyes were burning - please don't put near your eyes, very unpleasant. It soon calmed down, but I only use this 2 nights a week, no more, I might increase as my skin adjusts. My skin, is super sort, wrinkles are softer, I have a fresh faced glow. I am very happy and like another reviewer said as I am only using it 2 nights a week, it is working out so much cheaper than my old routine and it gives results!!!
So if you are reading this, don't be like me and please take our advice and go easy!!!

on 10/9/2012 9:31:00 PM

I used this product for 2 weeks off and on - I thought it was doing okay until one morning I woke up with an incredible blotchy red face and huge crepey wrinkles under my eyes - it looks like a blown up case of psoriasis or dermatitus - I hope my face goes back to normal! I'm scared I've ruined my face!!!!

on 1/17/2010 6:02:00 PM

This is my first Retinol experience and I am happy with the results. I use it only two nights out of the week and follow with a moisturizing cream.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

my holy grail:) I have never gotten results with anything I've used like this..and I noticed a difference right away..this is amazing acne or oily skin and wrinkles. Its hard to find products that work great on oily skin plus wrinkles. Yes the pump could be MUCH better but this is by far the best product I've ever used...i put my moisurizer over it after it has been absorbed and if you are not careful this can really dry out skin but using moisturzer after really makes a difference. I am in love:)