Skinceuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed
Skinceuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol
Skinceuticals Retinol

3.0

water, cyclomethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, dimethiconol, laureth-4, laureth-23, hydrogenated lecithin, butyorspermum parkii (shea butter), caprylic/capric triglyceride, ceramide 2, ceramide 3, phytosphingosine, cholesterol, hypericum perforatum extract, propylene glycol, allyl methacrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 20, retinol, BHT, sodium polyacrylate, dimethicone PEG-7 isostearate, glycerin, polyacrylamide, C13-14 isoparaffin, leureth-7, bisabolol. rosa canina leaf extract, silybum marianum fruit extract, passiflora incarnata flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matreicaria) leaf extract, citric acid, methylsothiazolinone, tetrasodium EDTA SkinCeuticals 5/27/09

on 1/31/2012 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Ok, I have only had this product for 3 days and like over 40% of users I too got a dud pump. But I guess we all know there is a high chance of that especially if you are the kind of beauty addict that does her research before buying.
My main concern is I cant get 100% confirmation of wether the product becomes inactive when you bust open the top to actually get at it? There are conflicting opinions on wether its destroyed through oxidization.
So I took the top off with plyers and so far I have used it three days in a row. No peeling, naturally no noticable improvement after all it has only been three nightly applications. But I did notice that after the third application my morning Vit C routine did sting. I'm 39 and have been blessed with clear problem-free skin. I dont have any lines, but due to my age have started 'preventative' measures. Last year I started on Retin A (Tretinoin) 0.5 (a friend's prescription) and this year wanted to move up to 1.0 as I turn 40 next year and am paranoid that I will no longer be IDed for buying my cigarettes ( I know I should stop but like the ego boost! hahaha). This folmula, as yet doesnt sting, hasn't dried my skin out, which is combinational - which the 0.5 did, so I can only imagine that my skin is well acclimatised. I will do an update in a month or so as I guess its too early .....but was wondering how customers could push Skinceuticals into finally updating the packaging. I have noticed that since 2010 there have been complaints about the pump and yet little in the way of complaints on the internet from 2006-2010 was there a change in packaging?

on 1/22/2012 7:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Love this product--it is a staple in my routine. It takes years off and makes your skin look wonderful--unlined, glowy, etc. There are two drawbacks--it is much more potent than the 0.5% version, which I used to use, but moved "up" since I'm over 40 now! Anyway the drawback is that it does cause peeling at least at first. Exfoliation in concert with this product is a must. Second drawback is the terrible awful packaging!!! With every other bottle or so the pump doesn't work, and I will either return it for replacement or pry the top off. It is absurd that the company doesn't correct this flaw, and it appears to be a well-known drawback on the forums. But because the product delivers results, I'll continue to purchase! (Guess that's why they don't have to change the packaging--it is still a winner.)