Skinceuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Skinceuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol
Skinceuticals Retinol

water, cyclomethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, dimethiconol, laureth-4, laureth-23, hydrogenated lecithin, butyorspermum parkii (shea butter), caprylic/capric triglyceride, ceramide 2, ceramide 3, phytosphingosine, cholesterol, hypericum perforatum extract, propylene glycol, allyl methacrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 20, retinol, BHT, sodium polyacrylate, dimethicone PEG-7 isostearate, glycerin, polyacrylamide, C13-14 isoparaffin, leureth-7, bisabolol. rosa canina leaf extract, silybum marianum fruit extract, passiflora incarnata flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matreicaria) leaf extract, citric acid, methylsothiazolinone, tetrasodium EDTA SkinCeuticals 5/27/09

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this. I've had acne for 30 years and this cream is wonderful at clearing my skin. Even though I'm fair-skinned, I have had no trouble with too much drying - my skin looks great in the morning after using it. Because it's almost $50 for the little bottle, I don't use it every day, probably 3x/wk. But - I believe this is the best bargain out there as far as pure retinols go. If your skin is toughened by years of acne, scarring, etc., I highly recommend using this - you will see a difference.

on 1/6/2009 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This stuff works really well. I have to say, it's very drying, but that's going to happen with any retinol treatment. I'm on my second bottle. My issues weren't wrinkles but acne and acne scars. This has helped durastically. It hasn't completely stopped my acne, but it's toned it down. It has really helped with my scars as well, and I think it helps prevent them from happening. I'm not crazy about the price, or that I have to order it online, but it's a great quality product. Beware however, it's very very drying. I have oily skin and my skin gets flakey from this, so sometimes I do it every other night.

on 7/31/2008 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I'm writing this review as a warning to all those out there who think, like I did, that if 0.5% retinol is a good thing, then 1% must be twice as good. Think again.
I only used this on three occasions, once every 3 days, but I got a terrible peeling and redness, especially over my cheekbones and dryness and tightness everywhere else. I have never seen my skin looking like this. It has taken over a week to improve, that too with daily La Mer and Payot Creme no 2 application. I do not even consider my skin very sensitive-I rarely have redness. Because I hate waste, I will try it again after a few days, but will try and "buffer" it with a cream immediately. If that changes anything, I will update my review. I'm going back to the 0.5%, which is much better.
Edit 07/02/2010. It is actually possible to use this if I don't use it in winter, and also because my skin finally got used to it over several months of spaced-apart applications, but there is no real need to, because there appears to be no evidence that 1% is any better than 0.5%. 1% should really only be used by people who saw no effect with 0.5%, so really I should have stuck with the 0.5%. Unfortunately, and I think most people think this way, I wanted to use the strongest version I could tolerate because I thought it would work better. Even now when I can tolerate, it doesn't work any better than the 0.5%, so my advice would be to start with the lower strength and go up only if you think it's not helping.