SkinCeuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 44-55
SkinCeuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol
Skinceuticals Retinol

water, cyclomethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, dimethiconol, laureth-4, laureth-23, hydrogenated lecithin, butyorspermum parkii (shea butter), caprylic/capric triglyceride, ceramide 2, ceramide 3, phytosphingosine, cholesterol, hypericum perforatum extract, propylene glycol, allyl methacrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 20, retinol, BHT, sodium polyacrylate, dimethicone PEG-7 isostearate, glycerin, polyacrylamide, C13-14 isoparaffin, leureth-7, bisabolol. rosa canina leaf extract, silybum marianum fruit extract, passiflora incarnata flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matreicaria) leaf extract, citric acid, methylsothiazolinone, tetrasodium EDTA SkinCeuticals 5/27/09

on 2/1/2016 6:13:00 AM

This review is for the tube of retinol 1.0 by skinceuticals.

I have been using for over a year a generic retinol purchased online overseas by Johnson & Johnson and went through hell with peely skin, acne purging and ended up with sponge like effect on my face and large pores. There was some improvement to the softness of the skin but I never got it to where I hoped it would be (went from a .25 to .50 strength).

I did some me research for non-prescription retinol and saw great reviews whereby skinceuticals came out on top in most reviews so found it on special and purchased it two weeks ago.

In my first week using it I had slight peel effect but it lasted about two days. Then I started to notice my pores getting smaller, tightened skin and the big wow my forehead wrinkles looked less noticeable! I don't even need to add a moisturiser after I apply (must wait a good 30 mins after applying retinol), but every now and then I will use my Juno Sunday Riley's oil if I feel my skin needs a little more hydration.

I have been totally impressed with this tube of miracle and will most definitely buy it again. I started to give up with retinols thinking I would need to spend on seeing a skin specialist and get a script or I give up on retinols altogether. So happy I gave this a go. My skin is normally sensitive, dehydrated and I have now in my 40's wrinkles forming and a crepey look which came out of no where, now I am seeing the cream help turn back time as much as a clam can - so happy.

on 10/14/2009 10:55:00 AM

Well, this stuff means business. I was using Green Cream Level 9 and thought I needed to make the next jump up, so I purchased the 1% formula of this product. After 2 days, I started into a peel. I used to read about people using Green Cream and shedding their skin, but it took this product to make that happen. I actually should have purchased the .5% formulation, but instead I'll slowly acclimate myself to this level. It's a good product, a wee bit does a lot of work, and it's already made a great difference in my skin texture, unlike anything I've ever used.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this. I've had acne for 30 years and this cream is wonderful at clearing my skin. Even though I'm fair-skinned, I have had no trouble with too much drying - my skin looks great in the morning after using it. Because it's almost $50 for the little bottle, I don't use it every day, probably 3x/wk. But - I believe this is the best bargain out there as far as pure retinols go. If your skin is toughened by years of acne, scarring, etc., I highly recommend using this - you will see a difference.