SkinCeuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol

Filtered by skin type : Normal age: 44-55
SkinCeuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol
Skinceuticals Retinol

2.7

water, cyclomethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, dimethiconol, laureth-4, laureth-23, hydrogenated lecithin, butyorspermum parkii (shea butter), caprylic/capric triglyceride, ceramide 2, ceramide 3, phytosphingosine, cholesterol, hypericum perforatum extract, propylene glycol, allyl methacrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 20, retinol, BHT, sodium polyacrylate, dimethicone PEG-7 isostearate, glycerin, polyacrylamide, C13-14 isoparaffin, leureth-7, bisabolol. rosa canina leaf extract, silybum marianum fruit extract, passiflora incarnata flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matreicaria) leaf extract, citric acid, methylsothiazolinone, tetrasodium EDTA SkinCeuticals 5/27/09

on 2/1/2017 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this product to try and get my skin used to a retinol product.
I tried for a good 6 months, and 3 times a week was all i could tolerate. My skin was always extremely dry, feeling tight, and i always had embarrassing peeling skin on about the 3rd day after use.
I read another post from someone who advised to go straight to a prescription strength Tretinoin, so off to my local GP i went, and i have never looked back.

Here in Australia, prescription strength tretinoin starts from $26, compared to the $100 skinceuticals one.
I now wake up every morning with soft moisturised skin, and i have never peeled, or suffered from red tight skin.
My advice to anyone wanting to start on retinol is to not waste your time in over the counter retinols, they cost more, and aren't as effective.
The prescription tretinoins are more emollient, and CHEAPER !!
For reference, i started off on Stevia A .25 %. No side effects whats so ever. Then i moved onto Retrieve .05% (skin feels amazingly soft the next day with this brand) Now i am about to try the highest strength.

on 10/25/2016 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Id been using Skinceuticals .05 for the last year and figured, why not.. let's try the .1 ! I thought since I'd been using the .05 I'd stick with my normal use... While I didn't have peeling like a lot of reveiwers dealt with, I DID get bright red skin. ZOINKS! After a night of sleeping in Aquaphor that helped that significantly... and I learned what NOT to do (as in use it eery night) So I am now only using 2 nights/week and I use Skinceauticals Renew overnight moisturizer for Dry skin the other nights.

My skin looks great, and although the .1 is more expensive than the .05, using it only 2-3 days/week will make it last longer :)

I would absolutely NOT use this if you've never used Retinols before... And with any retinol, you MUST use sunscreen. Always. Not just when it's summer and the sun is shining.

on 6/6/2007 4:43:00 AM

I used this loyally for 8 weeks -- and began to think it was doing damage to my skin so I stopped. My skin looks dehydrated, crepey and more wrinkled. They say retinol makes skin build more collogen-- but it seems like this cream was doing the opposite-- I'll probably never use another retinol product again.