SkinCeuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol

Filtered by skin type : Dry
SkinCeuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol
Skinceuticals Retinol

4.4

water, cyclomethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, dimethiconol, laureth-4, laureth-23, hydrogenated lecithin, butyorspermum parkii (shea butter), caprylic/capric triglyceride, ceramide 2, ceramide 3, phytosphingosine, cholesterol, hypericum perforatum extract, propylene glycol, allyl methacrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 20, retinol, BHT, sodium polyacrylate, dimethicone PEG-7 isostearate, glycerin, polyacrylamide, C13-14 isoparaffin, leureth-7, bisabolol. rosa canina leaf extract, silybum marianum fruit extract, passiflora incarnata flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matreicaria) leaf extract, citric acid, methylsothiazolinone, tetrasodium EDTA SkinCeuticals 5/27/09

This little tube is a great investment. My dad actually got from his dermatologist to fade sunspots, but he hated using it and passed it to me. It is quite strong and a pea sized amount is sufficient for my entire face. Expect a peel a few days after you use it for the first few times. I use once a week. Always wear a good sunblock.

on 4/10/2016 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Good penetrating retinol cream, did not irritate my mature, dry skin. Good value.

on 2/1/2016 6:13:00 AM

This review is for the tube of retinol 1.0 by skinceuticals.

I have been using for over a year a generic retinol purchased online overseas by Johnson & Johnson and went through hell with peely skin, acne purging and ended up with sponge like effect on my face and large pores. There was some improvement to the softness of the skin but I never got it to where I hoped it would be (went from a .25 to .50 strength).

I did some me research for non-prescription retinol and saw great reviews whereby skinceuticals came out on top in most reviews so found it on special and purchased it two weeks ago.

In my first week using it I had slight peel effect but it lasted about two days. Then I started to notice my pores getting smaller, tightened skin and the big wow my forehead wrinkles looked less noticeable! I don't even need to add a moisturiser after I apply (must wait a good 30 mins after applying retinol), but every now and then I will use my Juno Sunday Riley's oil if I feel my skin needs a little more hydration.

I have been totally impressed with this tube of miracle and will most definitely buy it again. I started to give up with retinols thinking I would need to spend on seeing a skin specialist and get a script or I give up on retinols altogether. So happy I gave this a go. My skin is normally sensitive, dehydrated and I have now in my 40's wrinkles forming and a crepey look which came out of no where, now I am seeing the cream help turn back time as much as a clam can - so happy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like most Skinceuticals products, this one is really good. I've used retinol products for awhile now, so my skin is used to them. Even though this has a 1% concentration, it really didn't irritate my skin too bad. It did start peeling a little after about 2 weeks, but that's a good thing when using retinol! Excellent product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVING this!!! I am a PC fan but wanted to try something else for retinol. I had been using the PC Skin Recovery Retinol and then switched to the PC Resist Intensive Retinol which is labeled their strongest % of retinol but they won't specify what the concentration is. It was only until I read on the PC FB page that the concentration is less than .5% that I decided to look elsewhere.

I was a little nervous about what to expect. When I first applied the Skinceuticals, I was surprised that I experienced NO tingling or burning. Like other reviewers, I noticed nothing after first 2 applications. Then, I started peeling/flaking. I did not have redness just peeling that look a good scrub to get rid of. I'm already seeing results that are gorgeous! I am prone to milia and it has already removed one milia bump that I've had for months.

As all other reviewers said, start slow. If you haven't used retinol before, start with the .5% first. Like another reviewer, I put this on my neck (that was not used to retinol) and it got down in a crease and burned the heck out of my skin. I blame that on user error not the product itself.

I'm happy that this will likely reduce the cost of my skin care regimen because I'll use less. The PC product costs less but I was applying twice a day. The Skinceuticals I only apply 2-3x/wk.

I have the metal tube not the pump. Will repurchase again and again. Very cost effective and produces visible results - that's what I look for in products! HG!

on 8/19/2013 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

First, mine came in a tube, not a pump. I guess they finally listened to the complaints about the packaging.

I went to the derm to ask about retin-A, as I have gotten as much as I thought I could get from OTC products. She suggested this instead. I was skeptical but she said I could return it and get a prescription if I didn't like it. I gave it a try and am amazed. I saw dramatic results in the first week. FYI, I'm 40 with fair skin in decent shape. I've worn sunscreen for 20 years pretty consistently but have some sun spots, plus marks from acne, and large pores. The horizontal bands across my neck are pretty pronounced too.

A little goes a LONG way and you definitely need a moisturizer and sunscreen. The process the dr. gave me is to use it each night for the first two nights. She said I would probably peel by then, and I did. She said to just use a very gentle cleanser and a heavy moisturizer while that happens. I peeled for 2 days. She said to then use it twice per week going forward. Well, I'm into the 2nd week (day 11) and my skin is starting to adjust. I can't believe the difference. The wrinkles across my neck and next to my mouth are practically invisible. The pores across my cheeks appear smaller and my skin is smoother and more even. Two red spots on my jaw line from the last time I broke out (5-6 months ago) are almost invisible. Now, without foundation, I look like I did when I wore it.

Since I don't need to use this daily, it's going to end up being cheaper than my prior routine. That NEVER happens to me.

I've also heard that if you want to use it daily or every other day, to apply it over your moisturizer. I'm happy with my results, so I haven't tried that.

on 4/20/2013 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product ! It's not exactly gentle on the skin, and it does cause peeling...but my skin is much much better when I use it. It erases fine lines, eradicates large pores and diminishes " sun spots" dramatically. Warning...do not use near your eyes...it dries before you flake. I have no forehead lines at all, and I totally attribute it to this product. I have been using it for years and swear by it. Definitely my HG ! If flaking is worrisome, cut back on the amount of times you are using it weekly. I admit, that sometimes I use it more often, with the peeling as the goal ! The skin underneath , when the peeling subsides is so clear and smooth, that its totally worth the aggravation :)

on 1/17/2010 6:02:00 PM

This is my first Retinol experience and I am happy with the results. I use it only two nights out of the week and follow with a moisturizing cream.

on 1/29/2008 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

UPDATE: since this experince I have used Diacenal (Avene) much stronger than this and didn't have any reaction or watsoever, and moved to Prescription retinoids such as Retin A and Tazorac and have been a blessing compared to this highly irritating thing. So if you have bad experience with this doesn't mean you can't use Rx Retinoids at all.

........................................

Orginal Post - I bought this after I used Retinol 0.5% and felt nothing at all, so I bought this one and after two nights my skin has become red and sore and feel very very sensitive, only Jojoba Oil could help the irritation.

I am very sad because I wanted this to work so much but it wasn't meant to be for my skin. Maybe I am going to try Avene Ysthreal Creme or Eluage from Avene that deals with Sensitive Skins when my skin and I feel better.

Also I WOUD RECOMEND that before you use this if it's your first Retinoid experience or you are upgrading from Retinol 0.5% like I did to just use a part on your neck or face where you can test the product and you can conceal later before you use it all over the face and see how the skin reacts, like they do at the Hairdressers before you dye your hair. DO A TEST.

They said this is the mildest Retinoid over the counter..I am just thinking ...Bloody hell how the others must be !! or maybe I reacted to one ingredient and I have no idea which one it is !

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

WOW I can’t believe what my face look like today!!!!!
I use so much AHA for my super complicated prone, combo extremely easy break out skin.
After I use this retinol 1 my skin is amazingly smooth no one sigh of spot (the night I apply it I did have just 2 pimples going out on my face…In the morning they was nothing left from them .I am not joking at all….this is miracle!!! I buy the 1 because I told after using Glycolic many times 0, 5 wouldn’t be strong enough for me. And when I apply the retinol I was expecting etching or something but NO …is just even minute I apply it my skin be come super super soft, smooth and in the morning clear and bright….
I am so amazed and surprise that I already order my second bottle. I recommend this strongly for those who have spots, prone or problematic skins. Also for tired dull skins cause I can’t believe the way I look today!!!
UPDATE / i forget to mention that the first two weeks after start this my skin around the mouth was really burn,red..to recover my skin i did this. I put each night Nivea cream as a mask ( 30 min then wash ) only on the affected area. And Jojoba oil alternative night..my skin recover really quick.