Skinceuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol

Filtered by age: 44-55
Skinceuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol
Skinceuticals Retinol

water, cyclomethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, dimethiconol, laureth-4, laureth-23, hydrogenated lecithin, butyorspermum parkii (shea butter), caprylic/capric triglyceride, ceramide 2, ceramide 3, phytosphingosine, cholesterol, hypericum perforatum extract, propylene glycol, allyl methacrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 20, retinol, BHT, sodium polyacrylate, dimethicone PEG-7 isostearate, glycerin, polyacrylamide, C13-14 isoparaffin, leureth-7, bisabolol. rosa canina leaf extract, silybum marianum fruit extract, passiflora incarnata flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matreicaria) leaf extract, citric acid, methylsothiazolinone, tetrasodium EDTA SkinCeuticals 5/27/09

on 6/16/2010 5:36:00 AM

I am really happy with this product. It is very pricey in NZ, (about $95 incl postage) but well worth it. I had previously used Retin-ox (both the night and day creams) and I really like Retin-ox as a moisturiser, but to me that is all that it is ...a moisturiser. It does not make a visible difference in my opinion.

Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0 DOES make a visible difference. You need to be careful that you gradually increase how often you use it. My skin is in really good condition for its age (48yrs) probably because I have had oily skin up until the past couple of years. When I started using the Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0, I used it every 3rd night initially, then after about 10 days I starting using it on my face every night. It was/is fine for me and no I didn't get any tingling or anything.. but I did get very fine little dry patches on my face that I could wash off in the shower with exfoliating face wash. Make sure you apply a good facial sunscreen each morning.
I use the Retinol 1.0 on my neck too, BUT even now after using it for about 6 weeks, I can still only use it on my neck a maximum of once a week otherwise I get an itchy reaction. Be careful not to get the retinol too close to the outside corner of your eyes as that area is quite sensitive too. I find that I can use it without a problem on the orbital bone under and around my eyes, and I also apply it to the brow bone area under my eyebrows without any problem - but remember that if you are going to do that, use it very sparingly initially and build up to it so that you don't have a reaction! (by reaction I mean it could get overly dry/flakey skin or it might become red and itchy). I have combination normal/oily skin olive skin.
I will definitely buy this product again. It does the biz!!!

on 12/27/2015 1:25:00 PM

I have been a Skinceuticals customer and fan for several years. Unfortunately, their inclusion of methylsothiazolinone in this product is negligent. Methylsothiazolinone is a biocide and neurotoxin. It is mainly found in drugstore shampoos and a few salon brands. I won't even buy a shampoo that contains it, and shampoos at least rinse out. I don't understand why a high end skincare brand would use this in a skincare product. Why not use oil of oregano, or colloidal silver, or something else that is not a neurotoxin? Unfortunately, it never occurred to me that Skinceuticals would include this ingredient in one of their high end products, and I purchased and used it and now must throw it out, which is the equivalent of throwing away a lot of money, but I'd rather throw away money than use a neurotoxin on my face.

Fortunately, SkinMedica offers a great alternative, and I am now using that.

on 2/1/2016 6:13:00 AM

This review is for the tube of retinol 1.0 by skinceuticals.

I have been using for over a year a generic retinol purchased online overseas by Johnson & Johnson and went through hell with peely skin, acne purging and ended up with sponge like effect on my face and large pores. There was some improvement to the softness of the skin but I never got it to where I hoped it would be (went from a .25 to .50 strength).

I did some me research for non-prescription retinol and saw great reviews whereby skinceuticals came out on top in most reviews so found it on special and purchased it two weeks ago.

In my first week using it I had slight peel effect but it lasted about two days. Then I started to notice my pores getting smaller, tightened skin and the big wow my forehead wrinkles looked less noticeable! I don't even need to add a moisturiser after I apply (must wait a good 30 mins after applying retinol), but every now and then I will use my Juno Sunday Riley's oil if I feel my skin needs a little more hydration.

I have been totally impressed with this tube of miracle and will most definitely buy it again. I started to give up with retinols thinking I would need to spend on seeing a skin specialist and get a script or I give up on retinols altogether. So happy I gave this a go. My skin is normally sensitive, dehydrated and I have now in my 40's wrinkles forming and a crepey look which came out of no where, now I am seeing the cream help turn back time as much as a clam can - so happy.

on 10/14/2009 10:55:00 AM

Well, this stuff means business. I was using Green Cream Level 9 and thought I needed to make the next jump up, so I purchased the 1% formula of this product. After 2 days, I started into a peel. I used to read about people using Green Cream and shedding their skin, but it took this product to make that happen. I actually should have purchased the .5% formulation, but instead I'll slowly acclimate myself to this level. It's a good product, a wee bit does a lot of work, and it's already made a great difference in my skin texture, unlike anything I've ever used.

on 2/1/2017 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this product to try and get my skin used to a retinol product.
I tried for a good 6 months, and 3 times a week was all i could tolerate. My skin was always extremely dry, feeling tight, and i always had embarrassing peeling skin on about the 3rd day after use.
I read another post from someone who advised to go straight to a prescription strength Tretinoin, so off to my local GP i went, and i have never looked back.

Here in Australia, prescription strength tretinoin starts from $26, compared to the $100 skinceuticals one.
I now wake up every morning with soft moisturised skin, and i have never peeled, or suffered from red tight skin.
My advice to anyone wanting to start on retinol is to not waste your time in over the counter retinols, they cost more, and aren't as effective.
The prescription tretinoins are more emollient, and CHEAPER !!
For reference, i started off on Stevia A .25 %. No side effects whats so ever. Then i moved onto Retrieve .05% (skin feels amazingly soft the next day with this brand) Now i am about to try the highest strength.

on 4/20/2013 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product ! It's not exactly gentle on the skin, and it does cause peeling...but my skin is much much better when I use it. It erases fine lines, eradicates large pores and diminishes " sun spots" dramatically. Warning...do not use near your eyes...it dries before you flake. I have no forehead lines at all, and I totally attribute it to this product. I have been using it for years and swear by it. Definitely my HG ! If flaking is worrisome, cut back on the amount of times you are using it weekly. I admit, that sometimes I use it more often, with the peeling as the goal ! The skin underneath , when the peeling subsides is so clear and smooth, that its totally worth the aggravation :)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this. I've had acne for 30 years and this cream is wonderful at clearing my skin. Even though I'm fair-skinned, I have had no trouble with too much drying - my skin looks great in the morning after using it. Because it's almost $50 for the little bottle, I don't use it every day, probably 3x/wk. But - I believe this is the best bargain out there as far as pure retinols go. If your skin is toughened by years of acne, scarring, etc., I highly recommend using this - you will see a difference.

on 8/31/2008 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I first started with the .05 which is best. Only use it at first perhaps twice per week then move up to 3 times per week. Once my skin adjusted to this I then moved to the 1%. Again SLOWLY. This stuff is amazing and I have tried SO many other products but I seem to notice a change in my skin as soon as I put this on. It seems to lighten and brighten my skin. You must go very slow with this it is strong. Give your skin a chance to adjust. IF you are sensitive perhaps you shouldn't try it, but do find a low percent and work your way up. This will always be my #1 skincare product. I have tried many. The price is not to bad at Ebay.

This little tube is a great investment. My dad actually got from his dermatologist to fade sunspots, but he hated using it and passed it to me. It is quite strong and a pea sized amount is sufficient for my entire face. Expect a peel a few days after you use it for the first few times. I use once a week. Always wear a good sunblock.

on 10/25/2016 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Id been using Skinceuticals .05 for the last year and figured, why not.. let's try the .1 ! I thought since I'd been using the .05 I'd stick with my normal use... While I didn't have peeling like a lot of reveiwers dealt with, I DID get bright red skin. ZOINKS! After a night of sleeping in Aquaphor that helped that significantly... and I learned what NOT to do (as in use it eery night) So I am now only using 2 nights/week and I use Skinceauticals Renew overnight moisturizer for Dry skin the other nights.

My skin looks great, and although the .1 is more expensive than the .05, using it only 2-3 days/week will make it last longer :)

I would absolutely NOT use this if you've never used Retinols before... And with any retinol, you MUST use sunscreen. Always. Not just when it's summer and the sun is shining.