Skinceuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol

Skinceuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol
Skinceuticals Retinol

water, cyclomethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, dimethiconol, laureth-4, laureth-23, hydrogenated lecithin, butyorspermum parkii (shea butter), caprylic/capric triglyceride, ceramide 2, ceramide 3, phytosphingosine, cholesterol, hypericum perforatum extract, propylene glycol, allyl methacrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 20, retinol, BHT, sodium polyacrylate, dimethicone PEG-7 isostearate, glycerin, polyacrylamide, C13-14 isoparaffin, leureth-7, bisabolol. rosa canina leaf extract, silybum marianum fruit extract, passiflora incarnata flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matreicaria) leaf extract, citric acid, methylsothiazolinone, tetrasodium EDTA SkinCeuticals 5/27/09

on 2/1/2017 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this product to try and get my skin used to a retinol product.
I tried for a good 6 months, and 3 times a week was all i could tolerate. My skin was always extremely dry, feeling tight, and i always had embarrassing peeling skin on about the 3rd day after use.' .
I read another post from someone who advised to go straight to a prescription strength Tretinoin , so off to i my local GP i went, and i have never looked back.
Here in Australia, prescription strength tretinoin starts from $26, compared to the $100 skinceuticals one.
I now wake up every morning with soft moistursed skin, and i have never peeled, or suffered from red tight skin.
My advice to anyone wanting to start on retinol is to not waste your time in over the counter retinols, they cost more, and aren't as effective.
The prescription tretinoins are more emollient, and CHEAPER !
for reference, i am on Stevia A .05 %.

on 10/25/2016 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Id been using Skinceuticals .05 for the last year and figured, why not.. let's try the .1 ! I thought since I'd been using the .05 I'd stick with my normal use... While I didn't have peeling like a lot of reveiwers dealt with, I DID get bright red skin. ZOINKS! After a night of sleeping in Aquaphor that helped that significantly... and I learned what NOT to do (as in use it eery night) So I am now only using 2 nights/week and I use Skinceauticals Renew overnight moisturizer for Dry skin the other nights.

My skin looks great, and although the .1 is more expensive than the .05, using it only 2-3 days/week will make it last longer :)

I would absolutely NOT use this if you've never used Retinols before... And with any retinol, you MUST use sunscreen. Always. Not just when it's summer and the sun is shining.

on 4/10/2016 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Good penetrating retinol cream, did not irritate my mature, dry skin. Good value.

on 3/24/2016 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I used an entire tube and didn't bother to repurchase. I've moved on to find another retinol and am currently trying ZO Skin 1% retinol, it's much stronger, but yields better results.
Pros:
- reduced my wrinkles on forehead significantly enough to notice
- didn't cause redness, or a reaction and my skin is sensitive with mild rosacea

Cons:
- I could never recover from the dryness, particularly in the winter
- it didn't do much for my acne/clogged pores

I used this primarily to unclog my skin, I suffer from comedones on my jawline, it looks like little bumps everywhere and really bothers me, Because this product didn't reduce that I didn't repurchase. I also could never recover or acclimate to the product even when I got up to using it daily, the dryness just persisted.

I've since read another reviewers comments on a nasty chemical in the formula so I wouldn't touch it now even if it did work.

on 2/1/2016 6:13:00 AM

This review is for the tube of retinol 1.0 by skinceuticals.

I have been using for over a year a generic retinol purchased online overseas by Johnson & Johnson and went through hell with peely skin, acne purging and ended up with sponge like effect on my face and large pores. There was some improvement to the softness of the skin but I never got it to where I hoped it would be (went from a .25 to .50 strength).

I did some me research for non-prescription retinol and saw great reviews whereby skinceuticals came out on top in most reviews so found it on special and purchased it two weeks ago.

In my first week using it I had slight peel effect but it lasted about two days. Then I started to notice my pores getting smaller, tightened skin and the big wow my forehead wrinkles looked less noticeable! I don't even need to add a moisturiser after I apply (must wait a good 30 mins after applying retinol), but every now and then I will use my Juno Sunday Riley's oil if I feel my skin needs a little more hydration.

I have been totally impressed with this tube of miracle and will most definitely buy it again. I started to give up with retinols thinking I would need to spend on seeing a skin specialist and get a script or I give up on retinols altogether. So happy I gave this a go. My skin is normally sensitive, dehydrated and I have now in my 40's wrinkles forming and a crepey look which came out of no where, now I am seeing the cream help turn back time as much as a clam can - so happy.

on 12/27/2015 1:25:00 PM

I have been a Skinceuticals customer and fan for several years. Unfortunately, their inclusion of methylsothiazolinone in this product is negligent. Methylsothiazolinone is a biocide and neurotoxin. It is mainly found in drugstore shampoos and a few salon brands. I won't even buy a shampoo that contains it, and shampoos at least rinse out. I don't understand why a high end skincare brand would use this in a skincare product. Why not use oil of oregano, or colloidal silver, or something else that is not a neurotoxin? Unfortunately, it never occurred to me that Skinceuticals would include this ingredient in one of their high end products, and I purchased and used it and now must throw it out, which is the equivalent of throwing away a lot of money, but I'd rather throw away money than use a neurotoxin on my face.

Fortunately, SkinMedica offers a great alternative, and I am now using that.

on 12/6/2015 4:31:00 AM

Love this. Just bought it and used it for the first time last night. My skin is beautifully soft and smooth this morning. I'm going to be cautious though and just use it twice a week for the first month following other reviewers comments. But so far, very happy and super impressed.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like most Skinceuticals products, this one is really good. I've used retinol products for awhile now, so my skin is used to them. Even though this has a 1% concentration, it really didn't irritate my skin too bad. It did start peeling a little after about 2 weeks, but that's a good thing when using retinol! Excellent product.

Incredible product!!! I have suffered acne for over 20 years since my late teens. Getting very close to 40 and was not able to find anything to clear up your acne is very disappointing and extremely frustrating. However after starting with .5 for couple months long and continuing with 1.0 retinol of skinceuticals have changed my skin and my confidence drastically. I have no acne now and a very nice bright looking skin. Having acne for 20 years left me with scars so I'm hoping will be getting better overtime with continuous use of this product. After a month of incredible results I also bought skinceuticals C E ferulic antioxidant and B5 hydrating gels and have been using them daily. One of my friends is a plastic surgeon and he insists on using retinol at night and an antioxidant in the morning. The results are simply amazing. I use the retinol every other night with Josie maran argan oil on top. I use Josie's argan oil at night and in the morning as a moistrizer. That helps calming down any irritations and hydrating my skin super well. Never had any problems. I also exfoliate twice a week. Highly recommended!

I was hesitant to try this due to its mixed reviews (it seems you either love it due to its effectiveness or you hate it because it aggravated your skin). However, after using this for 2 months, I'm in the love-camp. I've had a bit of acne in my youth with subsequent minor scars and imperfections and I was looking for a product that could help me to achieve a more smooth-looking, glowing skin. After doing my homework, I decided trying a retinol product was worth a try since it stimulated cell regeneration and - turnover on a deeper level (compared to eg. AHA or BHA). Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0 came out on top from reading many articles and reviews, with the caveat it's not for everyone due to its potency. I decided (bravely or stupidly) to skip the 0.5 version and just start on 1.0, taking care to use it twice a week and proper hydration to alleviate dryness and subsequent flakiness.

I use this in conjunction with my Kiehl's Ultimate tonice and prior to my LA Prairie night cream, after I 've given it at least 30min to sink in. I use it twice a week, with the Olay Resurfacing elixer on other days. I've not had any allergic reactions to it, although sometimes I can see very light flakiness here and there which is solved through careful exfoliation in the morning. Very happy with this product and will buy again when run out.

P.S I bought it on Ebay from trusted sellers.