Skinceuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol

Filtered by age: 36-43
Skinceuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol
Skinceuticals Retinol

water, cyclomethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, dimethiconol, laureth-4, laureth-23, hydrogenated lecithin, butyorspermum parkii (shea butter), caprylic/capric triglyceride, ceramide 2, ceramide 3, phytosphingosine, cholesterol, hypericum perforatum extract, propylene glycol, allyl methacrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 20, retinol, BHT, sodium polyacrylate, dimethicone PEG-7 isostearate, glycerin, polyacrylamide, C13-14 isoparaffin, leureth-7, bisabolol. rosa canina leaf extract, silybum marianum fruit extract, passiflora incarnata flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matreicaria) leaf extract, citric acid, methylsothiazolinone, tetrasodium EDTA SkinCeuticals 5/27/09

on 3/24/2016 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I used an entire tube and didn't bother to repurchase. I've moved on to find another retinol and am currently trying ZO Skin 1% retinol, it's much stronger, but yields better results.
Pros:
- reduced my wrinkles on forehead significantly enough to notice
- didn't cause redness, or a reaction and my skin is sensitive with mild rosacea

Cons:
- I could never recover from the dryness, particularly in the winter
- it didn't do much for my acne/clogged pores

I used this primarily to unclog my skin, I suffer from comedones on my jawline, it looks like little bumps everywhere and really bothers me, Because this product didn't reduce that I didn't repurchase. I also could never recover or acclimate to the product even when I got up to using it daily, the dryness just persisted.

I've since read another reviewers comments on a nasty chemical in the formula so I wouldn't touch it now even if it did work.

on 12/6/2015 4:31:00 AM

Love this. Just bought it and used it for the first time last night. My skin is beautifully soft and smooth this morning. I'm going to be cautious though and just use it twice a week for the first month following other reviewers comments. But so far, very happy and super impressed.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like most Skinceuticals products, this one is really good. I've used retinol products for awhile now, so my skin is used to them. Even though this has a 1% concentration, it really didn't irritate my skin too bad. It did start peeling a little after about 2 weeks, but that's a good thing when using retinol! Excellent product.

Incredible product!!! I have suffered acne for over 20 years since my late teens. Getting very close to 40 and was not able to find anything to clear up your acne is very disappointing and extremely frustrating. However after starting with .5 for couple months long and continuing with 1.0 retinol of skinceuticals have changed my skin and my confidence drastically. I have no acne now and a very nice bright looking skin. Having acne for 20 years left me with scars so I'm hoping will be getting better overtime with continuous use of this product. After a month of incredible results I also bought skinceuticals C E ferulic antioxidant and B5 hydrating gels and have been using them daily. One of my friends is a plastic surgeon and he insists on using retinol at night and an antioxidant in the morning. The results are simply amazing. I use the retinol every other night with Josie maran argan oil on top. I use Josie's argan oil at night and in the morning as a moistrizer. That helps calming down any irritations and hydrating my skin super well. Never had any problems. I also exfoliate twice a week. Highly recommended!

on 1/6/2015 9:12:00 PM

This is not for retinol novices! If anyone is new to retinol maybe try skinceuticals 's 0.5 retinol instead of this 1.0 version. Way too harsh / strong for my skin and I literally felt burned after using this for only 2 times. Had to return it back to Dermstore, which is a great site that accepts reasonable returns/exchanges.

on 9/4/2014 10:36:00 AM

I was not expected such serious medicine since it was over the counter. I have used retin a in .05 and .1 percent concentrations and this seemed to do as much as far as peeling and exfoliating as either of them. However, with retin a it peeled, then got better while just giving my skin glowing results in just a few weeks. 1 month in using the skinceuticals I am still getting reddness, itchyness and pretty bad sensitivity. I much prefer the retin A and when I go to Mexico in next month I will pick up some of that and ditch the skinceuticals.

Also, it brought it down on my neck one day and the next morning I looked like I had 2nd degree burns. This is some serious stuff, don't be fooled into thinking because it is over the counter that it isn't.

I have the metal tube, purchased off of amazon and the packaging is great.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVING this!!! I am a PC fan but wanted to try something else for retinol. I had been using the PC Skin Recovery Retinol and then switched to the PC Resist Intensive Retinol which is labeled their strongest % of retinol but they won't specify what the concentration is. It was only until I read on the PC FB page that the concentration is less than .5% that I decided to look elsewhere.

I was a little nervous about what to expect. When I first applied the Skinceuticals, I was surprised that I experienced NO tingling or burning. Like other reviewers, I noticed nothing after first 2 applications. Then, I started peeling/flaking. I did not have redness just peeling that look a good scrub to get rid of. I'm already seeing results that are gorgeous! I am prone to milia and it has already removed one milia bump that I've had for months.

As all other reviewers said, start slow. If you haven't used retinol before, start with the .5% first. Like another reviewer, I put this on my neck (that was not used to retinol) and it got down in a crease and burned the heck out of my skin. I blame that on user error not the product itself.

I'm happy that this will likely reduce the cost of my skin care regimen because I'll use less. The PC product costs less but I was applying twice a day. The Skinceuticals I only apply 2-3x/wk.

I have the metal tube not the pump. Will repurchase again and again. Very cost effective and produces visible results - that's what I look for in products! HG!

on 8/19/2013 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

First, mine came in a tube, not a pump. I guess they finally listened to the complaints about the packaging.

I went to the derm to ask about retin-A, as I have gotten as much as I thought I could get from OTC products. She suggested this instead. I was skeptical but she said I could return it and get a prescription if I didn't like it. I gave it a try and am amazed. I saw dramatic results in the first week. FYI, I'm 40 with fair skin in decent shape. I've worn sunscreen for 20 years pretty consistently but have some sun spots, plus marks from acne, and large pores. The horizontal bands across my neck are pretty pronounced too.

A little goes a LONG way and you definitely need a moisturizer and sunscreen. The process the dr. gave me is to use it each night for the first two nights. She said I would probably peel by then, and I did. She said to just use a very gentle cleanser and a heavy moisturizer while that happens. I peeled for 2 days. She said to then use it twice per week going forward. Well, I'm into the 2nd week (day 11) and my skin is starting to adjust. I can't believe the difference. The wrinkles across my neck and next to my mouth are practically invisible. The pores across my cheeks appear smaller and my skin is smoother and more even. Two red spots on my jaw line from the last time I broke out (5-6 months ago) are almost invisible. Now, without foundation, I look like I did when I wore it.

Since I don't need to use this daily, it's going to end up being cheaper than my prior routine. That NEVER happens to me.

I've also heard that if you want to use it daily or every other day, to apply it over your moisturizer. I'm happy with my results, so I haven't tried that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I am actually writing this review to warn you gals on the strenght of this product. I did use on and off (since it was really hard on my skin ) Retin A for over a month. Thinking my skin could by now take it, i used this cream for 4 nights in a row. I woke up on the 5th morning, red and flaky and with a few breakouts. I peeled like crazy for the past week. I really thought it would not have happened since i used the Retin A just a few days earlier. I am now planning to only use it once a week until my skin will get used to it. I like the texture and my skin looks pretty clear and glowing now . Might update in a near future.

on 1/31/2012 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Ok, I have only had this product for 3 days and like over 40% of users I too got a dud pump. But I guess we all know there is a high chance of that especially if you are the kind of beauty addict that does her research before buying.
My main concern is I cant get 100% confirmation of wether the product becomes inactive when you bust open the top to actually get at it? There are conflicting opinions on wether its destroyed through oxidization.
So I took the top off with plyers and so far I have used it three days in a row. No peeling, naturally no noticable improvement after all it has only been three nightly applications. But I did notice that after the third application my morning Vit C routine did sting. I'm 39 and have been blessed with clear problem-free skin. I dont have any lines, but due to my age have started 'preventative' measures. Last year I started on Retin A (Tretinoin) 0.5 (a friend's prescription) and this year wanted to move up to 1.0 as I turn 40 next year and am paranoid that I will no longer be IDed for buying my cigarettes ( I know I should stop but like the ego boost! hahaha). This folmula, as yet doesnt sting, hasn't dried my skin out, which is combinational - which the 0.5 did, so I can only imagine that my skin is well acclimatised. I will do an update in a month or so as I guess its too early .....but was wondering how customers could push Skinceuticals into finally updating the packaging. I have noticed that since 2010 there have been complaints about the pump and yet little in the way of complaints on the internet from 2006-2010 was there a change in packaging?