Skinceuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol

Filtered by age: 30-35
Skinceuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol
Skinceuticals Retinol

4.1

water, cyclomethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, dimethiconol, laureth-4, laureth-23, hydrogenated lecithin, butyorspermum parkii (shea butter), caprylic/capric triglyceride, ceramide 2, ceramide 3, phytosphingosine, cholesterol, hypericum perforatum extract, propylene glycol, allyl methacrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 20, retinol, BHT, sodium polyacrylate, dimethicone PEG-7 isostearate, glycerin, polyacrylamide, C13-14 isoparaffin, leureth-7, bisabolol. rosa canina leaf extract, silybum marianum fruit extract, passiflora incarnata flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matreicaria) leaf extract, citric acid, methylsothiazolinone, tetrasodium EDTA SkinCeuticals 5/27/09

I was hesitant to try this due to its mixed reviews (it seems you either love it due to its effectiveness or you hate it because it aggravated your skin). However, after using this for 2 months, I'm in the love-camp. I've had a bit of acne in my youth with subsequent minor scars and imperfections and I was looking for a product that could help me to achieve a more smooth-looking, glowing skin. After doing my homework, I decided trying a retinol product was worth a try since it stimulated cell regeneration and - turnover on a deeper level (compared to eg. AHA or BHA). Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0 came out on top from reading many articles and reviews, with the caveat it's not for everyone due to its potency. I decided (bravely or stupidly) to skip the 0.5 version and just start on 1.0, taking care to use it twice a week and proper hydration to alleviate dryness and subsequent flakiness.

I use this in conjunction with my Kiehl's Ultimate tonice and prior to my LA Prairie night cream, after I 've given it at least 30min to sink in. I use it twice a week, with the Olay Resurfacing elixer on other days. I've not had any allergic reactions to it, although sometimes I can see very light flakiness here and there which is solved through careful exfoliation in the morning. Very happy with this product and will buy again when run out.

P.S I bought it on Ebay from trusted sellers.

on 2/28/2014 10:15:00 AM

This product can either scare you away or make you see the potential and keep using it sparingly. I am not gonna lie, I freaked out when my face started getting splotchy, sensitive and red. The pealing was annoying but it did not bother me as much as the skin sensitivity towards any face product including the most gentle ( SNAIL MUCUS GEL).

For 1-2 days after using this product at night, my face saw no peeling, no sign of anything. Then when I woke up on the 3rd day ( I did not put any on my face that night), my face was a freak show. I did not want to leave the house!! I tried oatmeal mask to take redness and red blotches away which did help but what I found was that jojoba oil did help a lot in calming my skin.

My skin is starting to peel more and more, different areas every day lol
I almost decided to quit this product but now that I am seeing results begin, I cant wait to go through this all over again. Do expect extreme sensitive skin to your basic creams even the most gentle!!! Do expect to look in the mirror one day and freak out because you look UGLY but don't worry, with beauty comes ugly first lol

I had a pimple on the my cheek with left a red mark, after using this it faded it away and is still fading. I recommend not using it 2 night in a row ( that was dumb of me) since this stuff is potent. Use it ONCE a week at night and later on maybe upgrade the dosage to twice.

DO NOT put it around your eye area.... thankfully I did not and read instructions...

Give this a try and don't expect beautiful results right away...remember that there is a ugly stage so just make sure you have a good makeup to hide this redness lol Maybelline dream mouse is what worked for me..EXFOLIATE GENTLY FIRST....all my high end bb creams, cc cream didnt work! Thats how red it was lol APPLY it with a beauty blender!!!

on 2/26/2014 6:08:00 PM

Like others have mentioned this stuff is strong, I read the comments below but didn't take any notice, I thought I could handle it. As I put the cream onto my face, it's very lightweight and it absorbed right into my skin. I did this 3 nights in a row and the 4th night I thought I would have a night off, when I woke up in the morning, looked in the mirror and I was peeling everywhere and my face felt very sensitive whilst I tried washing with a gentle cleanser. Around my eyes were burning - please don't put near your eyes, very unpleasant. It soon calmed down, but I only use this 2 nights a week, no more, I might increase as my skin adjusts. My skin, is super sort, wrinkles are softer, I have a fresh faced glow. I am very happy and like another reviewer said as I am only using it 2 nights a week, it is working out so much cheaper than my old routine and it gives results!!!
So if you are reading this, don't be like me and please take our advice and go easy!!!

Holy smokes I can attest that this stuff is strong. It HAS to compare to at least the lower percentages of the rx stuff.

I have combo skin normally although it's been dry with the winter. I ::thought:: my skin was acclimated to retinol as I've used the drugstore stuff which I know is not the same thing but I've also been using a 1% by skinfinite 2-3x per week certain days to kick it up a notch. Clearly these are not the same 1% standards.

I've had to buffer this and use it no more than 1x per week so far. My eyes especially have been sensitive since it's probably migrating in my sleep. My skin has gone through some irritiation, but I've also added Obagi's Blender, so some of it could be the combined products. Last week I started to peel on my nose and around it. Luckily it wasn't a raw feeling with the peel, but it did flake considerably.

UPDATE: I did end up flaking considerably on my nose and around it on my cheeks, etc but it wasn't painful, like I said. What was REALLY bothersome was what happened to my neck. DO NOT use this stuff under your chin/your neck unless you know what you're getting into. I had a bright red chemical burn which wierdly settled into the deep horizontal line I have (probably from sleeping) and severe itching/peeling. My husband was horrified and said it looked like he tried to strangle me with a rope or something. It was truly ugly. My fault, because I should have known that my neck is more sensitive (I didn't try my chest).

So far I'm pleased with the product. I probably should have started with the .5 and worked my way up but like I said, I thought my skin could handle it. Just go slow and mix it with gentle moisturizers if you aren't acclimated to stronger stuff.

on 12/4/2013 11:25:00 PM

I have a tube version and it is very easy and comfortable to use.

I thought my skin could tolerate 1.% without preparation and I was right. This cream did not irritate my skin. I didn't have any stinging and burning and even flaking. The only mistake I made was to put it under eyes and quite liberaly. I did it before yesterday and today I still have red patches under my eyes which look like a burn and they burn a little. But it's not that bad.
As I understand the cream is mostly for anti aging effects not anti-acne. When I have some pimples and smooths the cream over them nothing happens. For flare ups i use Avene Triacneal which is quite helpful. I can't see dramatic changes but think the overall skin tone is more even and smooth now. I also did not notice that my crow's feet and fine lines are getting better. May be it takes longer to see fine lines to fade but I will be happy if the cream will prevent the appearance of new lines. Thanks to this cream and avene triacneal I don't use foundation now, only TM or just powder. A couple of months ago I wouldn't do it.
This cream doesn't dry my skin and I don't even need to use moisterizer over it, and my skin is dryish in winter.
Overall, I think this is a good cream, worth a shot. I will definetely will come back to it, but for now I want to try other OTC retinoids like replenix or cellex- c and some other brands.

on 10/9/2012 9:31:00 PM

I used this product for 2 weeks off and on - I thought it was doing okay until one morning I woke up with an incredible blotchy red face and huge crepey wrinkles under my eyes - it looks like a blown up case of psoriasis or dermatitus - I hope my face goes back to normal! I'm scared I've ruined my face!!!!

on 7/27/2010 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Warm

Wanted to love the Skinceuticals line but it doesn't seem to work for me and I don't consider myself to be one who has sensitive skin. This product continuously broke me out even after giving enough time to go through the initial breakout 2-3 week period when using retinoids. Definitely will not repurchase!!

on 2/16/2010 12:16:00 PM

For my money this is the most effective over the counter anti-aging product on the market. I saw enormous results within the first week and they are getting better and better with time. I have tried retin-A in the past and truly believe this works just as well but with less irritation. I had to discontinue the retin-A because it was breaking me out, but with the 1% retinol, the only side effects are a little peeling that I whisk away gently with my washcloth after cleansing. Extremely potent and effective product!

on 1/17/2010 6:02:00 PM

This is my first Retinol experience and I am happy with the results. I use it only two nights out of the week and follow with a moisturizing cream.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

my holy grail:) I have never gotten results with anything I've used like this..and I noticed a difference right away..this is amazing acne or oily skin and wrinkles. Its hard to find products that work great on oily skin plus wrinkles. Yes the pump could be MUCH better but this is by far the best product I've ever used...i put my moisurizer over it after it has been absorbed and if you are not careful this can really dry out skin but using moisturzer after really makes a difference. I am in love:)