Skinceuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol

Filtered by age: 25-29
Skinceuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol
Skinceuticals Retinol

3.5

water, cyclomethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, dimethiconol, laureth-4, laureth-23, hydrogenated lecithin, butyorspermum parkii (shea butter), caprylic/capric triglyceride, ceramide 2, ceramide 3, phytosphingosine, cholesterol, hypericum perforatum extract, propylene glycol, allyl methacrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 20, retinol, BHT, sodium polyacrylate, dimethicone PEG-7 isostearate, glycerin, polyacrylamide, C13-14 isoparaffin, leureth-7, bisabolol. rosa canina leaf extract, silybum marianum fruit extract, passiflora incarnata flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matreicaria) leaf extract, citric acid, methylsothiazolinone, tetrasodium EDTA SkinCeuticals 5/27/09

on 10/7/2014 4:16:00 AM

I've used retin a, retin a micro, tazorac and differin and never had any issues with break outs from those products, but skinceuticals retinol made me break out :(
I know sometimes people experience an initial breakout from retinol products, but because I didn't from any of the dermatologist prescribed products, I'm thinking it might be the dimethicone in this product that did it.
Dimethicone coats the skin, which basically means skin can't breathe and nothing can get in or out. I know dimethicone isn't a problem for many people, but for us acne prone types, I think it can sometimes be a problem. Trapping bacteria and gunk doesn't sound ideal to me!
Just after using this product, I tried la roche posay effaclar duo, and it also broke me out. I noticed it also has dimethicone, so I will be avoiding this ingredient from now on!

on 9/2/2014 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's now been six months since I started using this product. I apply it every night days, at night only. My skin is combination with first signs of ageing. Nothing prepared me for how my skin would break out. It peeled, it was flaky AND I had awful acne along my jaw and chin and forehead. It was just coming up everywhere, really. I persevered and after about 6 weeks it died down.This product still causes pimples on my face, but they are quite tiny. A the same time, if I apply it on a pimple every night, I find it disappears quickly. It's strange in that way.

I bought this product to combat ageing. I have found that beside the pimples, my skin is more refined BUT it is way more drier. This means that it looks older unless I drench it in moisturizer.

Overall, my skin is more even and smooth for the most part and I will continue using retinol. I'm just not sure if it will be in this product.

on 7/7/2014 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This product gave me terrible breakouts. It's ok i understand there might be some purging, but being covered with acne days after days just because of this product is just unthinkable. I buy this to get better skin, not to become covered in spots and feel depressed. I stopped using it and i see in some reviews that some people continued using it for month and breakouts were still there...
For the price i am terribly disappointed. I have tried retinol before in other products so i guess the problem is from the skinceuticals one.
Before using this product, i tried the 0.3% version (commercialised in Europe) and same problem.

This a great maximum strength retinol to use instead of a prescription retinoid or in alternation with it: once in 2-3 days. I actually get less side effects from 0.025 Retin-A than from this.

For something comparable - same concentration and consistency- I'd go with Paula's Choice Retinol Body Treatment. That is strong stuff, just like this, without the price.

NOTE: The PC Body Treatment has the same concentration as the Resist Retinol Serum but you end up applying more because it is not slippery silicone, but a lightweight cream.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I had been using Green Cream for several years until I found this magical cream. I used it every three days and I do get some flakiness but I dont mind because my skin looks better than ever now. I have been using this product for six months in addition to C E Ferulic and sunscreen.

on 12/11/2010 4:30:00 PM

A staple in my beauty routine. Absolutely the best retinol treatment you can get w/o prescription. Does what it suppose to - exfoliates, makes skin dewy and peachy, helps prevent/treat acne, fades brown spots or any sun damage. I use it at night, right after cleansing. Important: My derm recommended to leave it on for about 20-25 minutes alone on skin, before applying any night lotion. Another tip for those which super sensitive skin - put Ferulic C+E serum before you apply retinol, it'll sooth the irritation.

VERY IMPORTANT: Stop using 2 days before you go on sunny vacation (beach/skiing) - the skin would be too sensitive to the light. Apply high SPF (at least 45) and don't tan - it'll revert the effect of this product, you'll wind up with spotty/red skin.

on 7/4/2010 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This product is without question the best one I have ever used. The results I am seeing after using it for about 3 months are incredible. My skin is smooth, plump and even toned. My acne is now almost completely gone. I am also using this around my eyes and it looks like I have had an eyelift. The area is line-free and the skin is thicker so that my eye circles do not appear so dark anymore. I have had problems with redness and flaking until I have started using this retinol cream in conjunction with Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair (the Synchronized or Concentrate formula). I use the ANR in the morning and sometimes at night when I have flakies and redness and it brings my skin back to normal. I can thus reap the benefits of the extraordinary Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0 formula without the unpleasant side effects. I recommend these products highly.

ETA: I have noticed that this loses its potency after a while (you can tell that because the serum turns yellow which means that the retinol has oxidised), probably because air does get into the tube even though I think the pump is supposed to be airless. That is not a problem though, if you keep it in the fridge. Since I have been doing that, the serum does its job properly even after several months of use of the same tube.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hi,

I started using this product about 3 weeks back and am pleased with the results. I am still experiencing some flaking, i overdid it the first few days, and paid the price. my skin was peeling and i felt like my face was on fire, now i use it 2-3 days in a row and then take a day or two off. i have read that this product helps with wrinkles around the eyes, but not sure how people used it because i burnt the skin around my eyes! i am interested to know how other people use this product and what their skin regimen is. i do believe though, that this is the one product that can absolutely change someones skin. your skin will become clear, flawless and smooth. the key lies in finding the right regimen, so ladies, tell me what yours is!

on 9/26/2009 4:22:00 AM

I wish this product worked for me. My Derm recommended it for the fine lines I'm starting to notice around my eye. I've been using it for 9 weeks and it has made the fine lines MUCH worse.

I am not using it any longer and I pray my skin returns to what it was before I messed around.

on 4/11/2008 5:49:00 PM

I have very pale skin with clogged pores around the nose area. This product did absolutely nothing good for me. Actually, if anything, it made my skin greasy in the morning after I put it on at night. It was basically an oil slick in the morning and the clogged pores turned darker!!