Skinceuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol

Filtered by age: 19-24
Skinceuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol
Skinceuticals Retinol

4.2

water, cyclomethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, dimethiconol, laureth-4, laureth-23, hydrogenated lecithin, butyorspermum parkii (shea butter), caprylic/capric triglyceride, ceramide 2, ceramide 3, phytosphingosine, cholesterol, hypericum perforatum extract, propylene glycol, allyl methacrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 20, retinol, BHT, sodium polyacrylate, dimethicone PEG-7 isostearate, glycerin, polyacrylamide, C13-14 isoparaffin, leureth-7, bisabolol. rosa canina leaf extract, silybum marianum fruit extract, passiflora incarnata flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matreicaria) leaf extract, citric acid, methylsothiazolinone, tetrasodium EDTA SkinCeuticals 5/27/09

on 11/10/2013 2:21:00 PM

I also have the updated tube version, not the pump.

I skipped the 0.5 version and went straight for 1.0. This stuff is GREAT. I use it every few days, maybe 3x per week. I have noticed a large difference in the appearance of my pores, which is exactly what I was hoping for. The overall texture of my skin has improved. I'm still waiting to see about wrinkles and lines.

I have noticed some flakiness but nothing too extreme. Nothing moisturizer can't fix!

This is definitely the best non-prescription retinol treatment. Skinceuticals makes amazing products.

Edit 4/16/2015:

I used this product for about a year. I have since moved on to Sunday-Riley's Luna Sleeping Night Oil. It feels much more gentle on my skin, with the same great benefits of a retinol.

on 1/22/2011 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this product. This makes my skin look so clear. I don't use this consistently every night, I like to alternate my productss. But I do use this about x2 a week. This does make my skin a little bit flaky but not so much that I will stop using it. This is a good product for anti-aging as well because it's important to wear sunscreen during the day if you use this. So it sort of makes you wear sunscreen!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

--PRODUCT--
I don't know if I'm alone here, but I actually use this as a peel!
I'm very prone to acne, but at the same time I have the worst eczema.
So whenever I use anything to combat the acne,
it dries out my skin and gives the eczema a chance to totally make my skin look like that of a dried out mummy. Not kidding!
Then, ofcourse, the heavy creams I apply to hydrate my dead skin cause huge pimples........under the eczema skin.

This mess happens to me a lot, and takes about a month to clear up.
It's really embarrasing and makes me feel very insecure :(

I always wished I could just RESET my skin. (Like in that strange Vichy commercial where the woman tears her skin right off, like a mask)
The retinol does that exact thing for me.
I reckon that this is not the desired result for most people, but for me this is the perfect solution!
After just 1 day of applying this stuff, I can immediately see my skin calming down.
On day 2, if I look closely, I can see outlines of flakes appearing.
This may sound quite gruesome if you've never had this before,
but I just attack the flakes with my tweezers, and can peel off quite large patches of that crappy eczema skin.

Instant mood lifter, and it's strangely satisfying :p

On day 3 I have new skin.
It's very sensitive, so I moisture the hell out of it ro prevent starting this whole process over again.
Still haven't found a good moisturizer for my combo skin though....

--PACKAGING-- is weird.
Very little to no product comes out, and when it's about 1/2 finished, nothing comes out.
So I always cut the thing open and discover a lot of product inside.

--PRICE--
It's worth it, that's all I have to say.

on 2/19/2009 3:06:00 PM

I have to state that this is an extremely potent product that can yield impressive results if used faithfully over a long duration. I've been using this for 2 days, and already my skin is peeling like a snake..a side effect commonly associated with retinol. It's odd because prescription retinoids are suppose to be a lot stronger..and I'm currently on tretinoin 0.5% which never made my skin this flakey. Normally an individual who has never been exposed to a retinoid should start off with a .5 strength. But, considering my skin has experienced supposedly an aggresive medication I figured it would have absolutely no trouble adjusting to this one! I am definitely surprised in a good, and bad way. I have a birthday party to attend to this fri!! I can't go with a flakey face! that's just inappropriate. On the flipside, at least I know it works! I'm really hoping it's not the alcohol that's causing this enormous wave of flakes because we all know..that can be damaging. A good thing that I purchased a cream to have on hand on my dry days...thank you super rescue antioxidant night moisturizer dry-combo! I desperate need some relief. I will however, edit this post once I've I've effectively tested the product out. =D

on 2/16/2009 10:16:00 AM

One of my favourite retinol products ! I use this about once every other night, after having built up to this frequency of use.

The 1.0 % concentration of retinol is the strongest you'll currently find on the market and is offered by only a few brands, so users may want to use this as a second or even third-step product after trying weaker retinol preparations with success.

My favourite aspect of this product, aside from the high concentration, is the texture. The lotiony formula seems to spread very neatly and evenly over my skin and is slightly moisturising -- normal-to-dry and dry skin types would probably enjoy this consistency.

on 1/6/2009 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This stuff works really well. I have to say, it's very drying, but that's going to happen with any retinol treatment. I'm on my second bottle. My issues weren't wrinkles but acne and acne scars. This has helped durastically. It hasn't completely stopped my acne, but it's toned it down. It has really helped with my scars as well, and I think it helps prevent them from happening. I'm not crazy about the price, or that I have to order it online, but it's a great quality product. Beware however, it's very very drying. I have oily skin and my skin gets flakey from this, so sometimes I do it every other night.

on 7/3/2008 10:42:00 PM

So far... amazing. I was usuing the .5 retinol cream for a couple months before I upgraded to this. I hadn't finished the can, but my skin had stopped responding to it. I bought the .1 at blue mercury and the SA emphasized working up from three applications a week. After one night my skin was clearer and had a little glow. We'll see what happens after extended use, but I am excited. Will try to edit more later.

EDIT: did not perform well enough for the price. ended up almost out 100 bucks and still had break outs

on 3/20/2008 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hi Ladies, actually Skinceuticals 01. retinol is not the mildest OTC retinol, it is actually the strongest retinol you can purchase without prescription. I would advice that you ladies start with Green Cream 3, than 6, than 9 than skinceutical 1 retinol. I actually love them all. and retinol will irritate your skin really bad if you not use to it. I can put skinceuticals 1 on my face but not on my neck, I have to use green cream 6. I think you ladies will be very pleased with Green Cream 3 or 6 if you are interested in a milder retinol. You have to start slow with any retinol.

on 7/3/2007 10:57:00 AM

Worked GREAT. Amazing stuff! I have upgraded from this but never had any problems & it made my skin improve over night every time!